PDA

View Full Version : Cameron 18 Giddings 14

football02
09-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Cameron defeated Giddings 18 to 14 in a very close game. It was the perfect vice versa replay of last year. As happy as I was that we defeated Giddings (one of the only teams besides Rockdale that I wanted to cream,) they did make us sweat in the 2nd half. They came back from behind and scored a touchdown taking the lead 14-10. With 6 seconds on the clock, Pittman through a pass in the end zone to Knight scoring the winning touchdown. Cameron could have done better in the second half but Pittman proved that he doesn't give up when our chances look slim. Both teams played well.
GO YOEMEN :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoe_81
09-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Yea, The Yoemen pulling the rug out from under the Buffs friday night was amazing. Tha last 1:38 of the game shows why Pittman can have a choice of almost any college in the SEC. I Also think our Backs & Recivers did a fine job of running, catching and blocking when they have to. our line did a good job of giving Pittman enough time to throw it and scramble out of the Pocket. I think when a team loses they are better from it, the 2 past losses have helped this Young football team realize that it takes more than a few Vetaren leaders to win a game and that they are not invincible (which no team is)...18AAA Watch out because the Yoemen are out and they're hungry for that 18AAA Crown and there not gonna let ANYONE Stand in Thier way.....Go oYe !!

football02
09-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Why is Giddings so quiet all of sudden?

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-29-2002, 11:49 PM
Yeah Cameron won, in a great game. But I thought Cameron was real good, one of the best, how most C-town people had said; someone had even said Cameron will win by 30 or 40, yeah right. Giddings went in there with a 0-3 record and almost won the game. It was 10-7, then Giddings scored and made it 10-14 with less than 2 min remaining (at this point some Cameron fans where leaving the stands). Then with some bad calls by the refs, (my opinion only) and some good plays by Cameron they won the game. But anyways, It was a good game. And good luck Cameron on the rest of the season.
AND ALSO TO MY HOMETOWN (GIDDINGS) GOOD LUCK. AND KEEP ON PLAYING HARD, AND IMPROVING.
GO BUFFS.

buffalo booster
09-30-2002, 08:10 AM
Congratulations to Cameron on their victory. Have to agree that a couple of the calls in that last drive were "questionable" at best, though, especially the fumble in front of the Giddings bench...
But, Cameron played well and deserved the win. Good luck to Yoe throughout the rest of the season. Maybe we'll meet again.

2001GiddingsLB
09-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Cameron played a great game, but one thing Giddings needs to improve on is defensively not over running the play. Also, Cameron needs to work on the penalties if they want to compete with better teams. Cameron had 11 penalties for about 135 yards and most of them were hold or clips by recievers. This needs to be worked on but overall it was an excellent game. A real heart breaker for Giddings but none the less a good game.

football02
10-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I agree-we really need to work on the penalties. We had 14 I think in the Waco Connally game.