PDA

View Full Version : Can Anybody Beat Gilmer in D1?

Bullaholic
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Before things get started, I want to make a disclaimer:

This thread wasn't started to disrespect any of the other teams in the bracket and have anyone say--"Why do the other teams even need to show up? Why not just give the trophy to Gilmer now.", etc. Gilmer was chosen for this thread because they are currently ranked #1 in every poll and have won most of their games by a considerable margin.

I would like to know from a football standpoint, and not just homerism, why any other team in the playoffs has a good chance to beat Gilmer, i.e., why does a certain team match up well, or badly, with Gilmer? I hope we can get some good no-nonsense football discussion and debate going on this. Those areas of match-up would be:

Speed
Size
Offense
Defense
Coaching Staff
Current players experience
Execution
Team Discipline
Key Injuries
Overall Talent (D1 prospects, etc.)
Tradition
Fan Following
Kicking

TheDOCTORdre
11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Only God Himself can:D

BEAST
11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
In the Div 1 bracket, I would say the only team that can give them a match is Abilene Wylie, IF they get there Qb back.

BEAST

hollywood
11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Yep, there' s about 6 teams that could. Given that the right star alignment and wind direction these teams have what it would take.

R1
Wylie
Burnet

R2
Prosper

R3
Navasota

R4
Cuero
Sealy

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Gilmer is beatable, but you have to have the right team to do it. You either have to match them as Canton did in '05 or slow them as LE did in '06. The main thing is you must limit mistakes and make your possessions count. Our first half with Gilmer this year was a prime example 10-9 at half. A combination of Gilmer adjustments and LE miscues changed the game. Any team is beatable. The question is WILL they be beaten

:confused:

Ex-Tiger2005
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
cuero and ab. wylie about the only 2 imo!

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Gilmer is beatable just as any team. HOWEVER, right now I don't see any team that will slow the Buckeyes down. I think that this their year. If the Rattlers make it to round three, Gilmer, please go lightly on my Rattlers.:D

waterboy
11-12-2009, 05:14 PM
:mad: I HOPE NOT!!:mad: :doh:

This year has already been proclaimed "the year of the stump" by DU_Stud04,........so THERE!:D

hookandladder
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Sealy can beat them, they have the athlete's to play with anybody.

29-3aFAN
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I heard this a few years back and they got knocked in the first round.

ivchris
11-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Wylie will.

hollywood
11-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Gilmer is beatable, but you have to have the right team to do it. You either have to match them as Canton did in '05 or slow them as LE did in '06. The main thing is you must limit mistakes and make your possessions count. Our first half with Gilmer this year was a prime example 10-9 at half. A combination of Gilmer adjustments and LE miscues changed the game. Any team is beatable. The question is WILL they be beaten

Shoot, all Gilmer has played so far is AIR! The first string has not even played a full game all year. Air, I tell ya, East Texas air.

:rolleyes: :D

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
I heard this a few years back and they got knocked in the first round. I saw it and it can happen but will it?? Everyone saying this team or that team. It can be any team on any night. Its the PLAYOFFS and anything can happen:cool:

Will it?? Don't know, just have to wait and see:eek:

theoldoaktree
11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
wylie has the ability to beat them, they are a great team and if they get their qb back they will give gilmer a great game

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Shoot, all Gilmer has played so far is AIR! The first string has not even played a full game all year. Air, I tell ya, East Texas air.

:rolleyes: :D Stick over there in the Region 1 fantasy football camp. Region 2 will get there soon enough to give ya'll your annual a$$ kicken:p

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Or you could just completely stuff their run game. Get to Stump everyplay and relentlessly run it down their throat like there's no tomorrow:D
The final outcome when LH did that was 38-13:devil: :p

I'm surprised more people don't try that....

waterboy
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Or you could just completely stuff their run game. Get to Stump everyplay and relentlessly run it down their throat like there's no tomorrow:D

At least we're still playing football THIS year!:D

hollywood
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Stick over there in the Region 1 fantasy football camp. Region 2 will get there soon enough to give ya'll your annual a$$ kicken:p

Whatever! You guys over in R2 finally get some good coaching and start having success and you think R1 is a fantasy football camp???? LOL

Mark it down, D1 and D2 State Champs will be from R1.
:p

Okay, maybe R2 if they are lucky

:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-12-2009, 06:06 PM

This is because you never really got behind aside from Justin Johnson's opening kickoff return for the TD.

No team has ever come from more than two TDs behind in recent years to beat Gilmer. Once they fall more than that behind, there's no way a running team, especially, can catch up.

plpsftball
11-12-2009, 06:10 PM
If Waco LV can get past Athens then they have the running game to control the clock. Just hope we have all our penaties out of the way

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Whatever! You guys over in R2 finally get some good coaching and start having success and you think R1 is a fantasy football camp???? LOL

Mark it down, D1 and D2 State Champs will be from R1.

Okay, maybe R2 if they are lucky

:D LOL:D :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
This is because you never really got behind aside from Justin Johnson's opening kickoff return for the TD.

No team has ever come from more than two TDs behind in recent years to beat Gilmer. Once they fall more than that behind, there's no way a running team, especially, can catch up.

Holding your offense to around 100 total yards always helps too. You could have gotten up 37-0 and we still would have won:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :stirpot: :devil:

Pudlugger
11-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Sealy can beat them, they have the athlete's to play with anybody.

Hook is right about this. Gilmer hasn't seen a team as good as Sealy. The playoffs are not the time to start being tested when one loss and you're out. Sealy has run the gauntlet and is 10-0 against very strong opposition. This would be an epic game. Hope it happens.

OldBison75
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
There is no team in 3A that is unbeatable. Gilmer has the team that can dominate anybody when everything is clicking right. But, so does Abilene Wylie, Sealy, Cuero, and others. As a matter of fact, my Navasota Rattlers have played some outstanding games this year and have had a couple of real letdowns. When the Rattler offense is hitting on all cylliners, the can be unstoppable with a smart and accurate passing QB who can run very well also. They have great receivers that can catch and two running backs that play very different styles but both are effective. Dfensively, the Rattlers have been far above what I expected this year and I believe can take over a game when they are on track. I hope that Navasota gets past the second round matchup with Silsbee or Huffman, because I would love to see them play Gilmer. But Gilmer has enough to worry about to get to that matchup thierselves. Jasper first and then round 2.

I really believe that there are at least five teams that could beat Gilmer if they get any momentum at all. Wll they beat Gilmer is another question. For Navasota, we have enough to worry about in the first round and I hope the team that played Bellville, Rockdale, and Henderson is the team that shows up in the playoffs.

RPF2666
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Not much love for the defending champ, Prosper!

I'm going with them until someone can knock them off their
lofty perch!!!!

navscanmaster
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Navasota:

Speed: Above Average
QB: Dual threat, excellent speed
WRs: Great hands, average route runners, good speed
RBs: One is shifty with great speed, the other is powerful with above average speed. Both will square up and thud.
O-Line: One of the largest in 3A.
Offensive scheme: spread option, zone read.
D-Line: Average size, above average strength and quickness.
LBs: Great speed, reaction, and excellent tacklers
Secondary: Great speed, good tackling, brain-farts occasionally.
Defensive scheme: 4-3 react-type defense. Rattler D blitzes as often as calls go against Tebow.

Pawdaddy
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666

lofty perch!!!!

After watching Tatum hold the ball for almost 20 minutes last week in the first half, I would say a team that can run behind a big, athletic offensive line could handle the Buckeyes. However, with that 20 minutes of possession, Tatum got ZERO points! The team that beats Gilmer will have to be brutally consistent and be able to finish the drive. No turnovers, No penalties, No dropped passes, No tackles behind the line, etc. The Buckeyes put up 24 points in just over 4 minutes of possession (did include a punt return for TD).

I have seen where Prosper won the last game with 0 yards passing. Plus, defending Champions. This is the Championship game I look forward to seeing. BUT, they both have to get there first. GO GET IT BUCKEYES! LEAVE NOTHING TO DOUBT!

PHOP
11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666

lofty perch!!!!

:ditto:

WOS87
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm rooting for either Andrews or North Lamar to take it all!

:D

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Gilmer is beatable, but you have to have the right team to do it. You either have to match them as Canton did in '05 or slow them as LE did in '06.
Or you can just beat the crap out of them like we did! :D

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
YES, but not today:D

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or you can just beat the crap out of them like we did! :D it's all in good fun...................BTW who and when do yall play this week:D

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Or you can just beat the crap out of them like we did! :D Well yes there is always that option:D :p

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
it's all in good fun...................BTW who and when do yall play this week:D
Yep - all in good fun until I join in. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

j_dog
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
not jasper. jasper is totally outsized, outspeeded, and out of their class. relax gilmer, you only need to bring your jv. ;)

j_dog
11-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Yep - all in good fun until I join in. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
since you don't have a game, come and sit on Jasper's side! :)

our little guys need some help just to avoid becoming roadkill! but somebody has to be the first sacrifice. :(

Trashman
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Wylie could do it with one hand...er paw tied behind their back.:D

oldtownag
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Carthage has scoreboard!

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
since you don't have a game, come and sit on Jasper's side! :)

our little guys need some help just to avoid becoming roadkill! but somebody has to be the first sacrifice. :(
We're going to catch Rogers play somebody tomorrow night, then CL & CS Saturday. (I've got housework to do before Thanksgiving, or I'd say "ROAD TRIP".)

Mcguirk
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Wylie's D is playing light out this year They have held a lot of very good offenses to season low yardage. The running game is pretty solid. Passing is good and the receivers can catch.

I agree that any team is beatable There have been some pretty impressive winning streaks in the past few years, but luck always plays a part. Fumbleitis and the penaltysaurus, as well as your mojo-osity play a major role in the ability to win. The biggest/fastest/strongest don't always win.

Of course we always like to blame the refs. :)

Pawdaddy
11-12-2009, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or you can just beat the crap out of them like we did! :D [/QUOte

Goodness gracious, Mom. You sound like someone who got up on the wrong side of the broom closet, or had her last buck tooth fall out, or chewed her toe nail off in the quick (again), or..........JUST HAD THE CRAP KICKED OUT OF HER FOR A WHOLE SEASON!!!!

j_dog
11-12-2009, 09:25 PM
We're going to catch Rogers play somebody tomorrow night, then CL & CS Saturday. (I've got housework to do before Thanksgiving, or I'd say "ROAD TRIP".)
darn! u don't care if the dogs become roadkill? :nerd: we knead your help! :(

easttexas3a
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I think Gilmer is very beatable, but I do think it will take a very good team to beat them. If Gilmer can get the D to continue to play well, they will be a tough out for anyone they play. Im not so sure AWylie isn't the team to beat.

LH Panther Mom
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
or..........JUST HAD THE CRAP KICKED OUT OF HER FOR A WHOLE SEASON!!!!
Oh and I'm sure that you and half the rest of the state is please as punch over it, too. :rolleyes:

WOS87
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
darn! u don't care if the dogs become roadkill? :nerd: we knead your help! :(

If anyone has a chance in Region III it would be Jasper IMO.

Does that make you feel any better?

;)

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

;) my sentiments exactly..............looking at the bracket, this one scares me the most

Pawdaddy
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh and I'm sure that you and half the rest of the state is please as punch over it, too. :rolleyes:

Does that mean the broom closet, tooth or toe nail things was not the problem?

GTownballer
11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Anybody is beatable,,,, we are looking past no one,, one game at a time. Jasper will be no cake walk,, they have 2 loses, 1 to us and 1 to Carthage,, and certainly will have improved,, since week 0.......

Pawdaddy
11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
my sentiments exactly..............looking at the bracket, this one scares me the most

Let not your heart be troubled, Aussie. I saw Carthage absolutely dismantle Jasper, in Jasper, in the second half of their game. Jasper may have had 35 yards total offense after the twirlers. They did not look to have much speed at all. Carthage does have a bull at nose guard and a ball hawk for sure at middle linebacker, but I see no threat IF Gilmer executes as they have all season. I still say something like 55-19.

GTownballer
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
not jasper. jasper is totally outsized, outspeeded, and out of their class. relax gilmer, you only need to bring your jv. ;)

With some of these posters, kinda looks like they not give'n them dog's enough credit, but beleive me ,, them Buckeyes and staff are given' em alot of credit this week,,,,and the JV will be in the third bus...Playoffs are always fun,,in the sidelines are always impressive, got more people suited up, than the NFL..:1omg!:

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

This thread wasn't started to disrespect any of the other teams in the bracket and have anyone say--"Why do the other teams even need to show up? Why not just give the trophy to Gilmer now.", etc. Gilmer was chosen for this thread because they are currently ranked #1 in every poll and have won most of their games by a considerable margin.

I would like to know from a football standpoint, and not just homerism, why any other team in the playoffs has a good chance to beat Gilmer, i.e., why does a certain team match up well, or badly, with Gilmer? I hope we can get some good no-nonsense football discussion and debate going on this. Those areas of match-up would be:

Speed
Size
Offense
Defense
Coaching Staff
Current players experience
Execution
Team Discipline
Key Injuries
Overall Talent (D1 prospects, etc.)
Tradition
Fan Following
Kicking

YES!

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:mad: I HOPE NOT!!:mad: :doh:

This year has already been proclaimed "the year of the stump" by DU_Stud04,........so THERE!:D

Who's DU_Stud04!:D

;)

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM

:rolleyes: :D

Rocket did you accidently log in on hollywood's account!:D

;)

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Stick over there in the Region 1 fantasy football camp. Region 2 will get there soon enough to give ya'll your annual a$$ kicken:p

Easy LE Dad! We don't work for you!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hitler-baby-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:40 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Rocket did you accidently log in on hollywood's account!:D

;) :clap::clap:

garciap77
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Or you can just beat the crap out of them like we did! :D
:clap: :clap: :clap:

j_dog
11-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Let not your heart be troubled, Aussie. I saw Carthage absolutely dismantle Jasper, in Jasper, in the second half of their game. Jasper may have had 35 yards total offense after the twirlers. They did not look to have much speed at all. Carthage does have a bull at nose guard and a ball hawk for sure at middle linebacker, but I see no threat IF Gilmer executes as they have all season. I still say something like 55-19.
but if jasper ever plays two FIRST halves! Gilmer 7-8 and 3-0 against Carthage until last seconds of half. ignoring those last few seconds, net gain, 10-8.

So I hereby move that: We play two first halves Saturday, not a first and second half. Then Jasper might have a slim chance. :thinking:

j_dog
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

;)
yep. just want a chance. stranger things have happened. Jasper has already won some games this year that few gave them a chance to win.

I will boldly say this. Jasper has a better chance this week to beat Gilmer than does anyone else.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I would like to know from a football standpoint, and not just homerism, why any other team in the playoffs has a good chance to beat Gilmer?

Kicking

I'm sure they can be beat. Especially in the kicking game. j/k

(I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat someone else's point.)
I remember back a few years ago when someone said Gilmer couldn't be beat and they lost pretty early in the playoffs.
Generally speaking:
Maybe a team can be so dominate in the season they can't find a higher level in the playoffs? The intensity level goes up and can be hard to match with an up and coming team? So yes.

alaskacat
11-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Sometimes I think gilmer can be their own worst enemies. they have shot themselves in the foot far to many times. so this year is no lock either.

Superbacker 00'
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Gilmer is beatable just as any team. HOWEVER, right now I don't see any team that will slow the Buckeyes down. I think that this their year. If the Rattlers make it to round three, Gilmer, please go lightly on my Rattlers.:D

hemo how and why would you say that like we dont stand a chance as good as we can be if we play like we can we have a chance to win out the talent is there and has showed itself. now just like everybody else anything could change the scenrio, but dont ask for mercy. if you ever wore that blue and fought in those trenches you would know that rattlers are ready for war! that goes for all never sell your teams out... you should always give your team the nod. Im not saying to go crazy with it just beleive in them dont count them out untill there out because if they made it far enough to have a chance give them a chance its well deserved!!!!!!!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
IMHO no. This is Gilmers year to win or lose.

CueroDad08
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I know the Gobblers would love a shot at em

lostaussie
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
if you ever wore that blue and fought in those trenches you would know that rattlers are ready for war! Why do people compare a football game to WAR??? I am pretty sure its not the same:doh:

LE Dad
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Easy LE Dad! We don't work for you!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/hitler-baby-1.jpg

;) :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Are you sure??:thinking:

Superbacker 00'
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Why do people compare a football game to WAR??? I am pretty sure its not the same:doh:

well if you cant firgure out the similarity then im sorry... buddy what would you compare to jump in rope?..... picking daisy... what ? have or did you play football..... cause it is man vs man with one winner

GUNHO
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Good thing for Gilmer they are D1 or WO-S ...Oh never mind.:D

lostaussie
11-13-2009, 11:20 AM
well if you cant firgure out the similarity then im sorry... buddy what would you compare to jump in rope?..... picking daisy... what ? have or did you play football..... cause it is man vs man with one winner last time I checked nobody was shooting at your ass in a football game

waterboy
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Good thing for Gilmer they are D1 or WO-S ...Oh never mind.:D
Yep......good thing for us.......huh?:D Instead of Gilmer you get Carthage........:doh:

LE Dad
11-13-2009, 11:30 AM
last time I checked nobody was shooting at your ass in a football game :spitlol:

waterboy
11-13-2009, 11:38 AM
last time I checked nobody was shooting at your ass in a football game
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif Bwahahaha! That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif

Superbacker 00'
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
last time I checked nobody was shooting at your ass in a football game

what a tool

44INAROW
11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
what a tool

wow

:blahblah: :blahblah:

GUNHO
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yep......good thing for us.......huh?:D Instead of Gilmer you get Carthage........:doh:

Might not have to worry about them either.The bracket we are in before we get to the quarterfinals is anybodies as I see it.After that,you are right...Carthage should be waiting on one of us.:helpme:

STANG RED
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Discounting the Graham game, I've never seen Abilene Wylie beat themselves. They will seldom out athlete other teams, but they just usually dont make mistakes or miss assignments. And they have so much participation, they are always very deep on the bench. They can hit you with fresh legs from start to end in a game, and/or if someone goes down, you dont see any dropoff from the replacment that comes in. Throw maybe the best HC and staff in the business on top of that, and they can beat anybody, anywhere. Even if they cant match your speed, they seldom have to try and run down a play from behind. They manage to put their players in position to keep the play in front of them, and gang tackle very well. If they ever do go 4A some day, they'll be just as successful there, as they are in 3A. That is, IF Sandifer is still there. He's got a great life, in an ideal situation, so he may never leave. But you never know.

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Carthage has scoreboard!

Join us in 2009, mkay?

Yes, Gilmer can be beat. Will they? That remains to be seen. Jasper will have first shot tonight.

Aussie - I expect quarterly updates please. :)

GO BUCKEYES!

LE Dad
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Join us in 2009, mkay?

Yes, Gilmer can be beat. Will they? That remains to be seen. Jasper will have first shot tonight.

GO BUCKEYES! 3 o'clock Saturday:D

44INAROW
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

GO BUCKEYES!

Can "tools" give updates? Just checking :D :D :D

P4S - if you get them - please forward to me, ok?

statewide
11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
No

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
hemo how and why would you say that like we dont stand a chance as good as we can be if we play like we can we have a chance to win out the talent is there and has showed itself. now just like everybody else anything could change the scenrio, but dont ask for mercy. if you ever wore that blue and fought in those trenches you would know that rattlers are ready for war! that goes for all never sell your teams out... you should always give your team the nod. Im not saying to go crazy with it just beleive in them dont count them out untill there out because if they made it far enough to have a chance give them a chance its well deserved!!!!!!!!!!

Superbacker, please don't read too much into what I said. You are going way too far with your reply, "mercy", fighting in the trenches, giving your team the nod, etc. Where is all this coming from? If I didn't say it, please don't put words in my mouth or assume that I was thinking that. At no point did I "sell" out my team. At no point have I ever gave up on my team. However, I am what you call a realist. Im not going to kid myself and you shouldn't either. If Navasota makes it past the second round as does Gilmer, believe me, I will be there to support my beloved Navasota Rattlers.

Have you ever seen how the Jasper supports talk about their Bulldogs being undersized, too small, etc? Well, I was kind of going in that direction. Hence the big ol' grin.

Bullaholic
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I get as intense as anybody, but I still realize this is just a game played by teenage boys for pride and fun.

garciap77
11-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I think Gilmer can get beat in DIV 2 as well! Brownwood can beat them for sure!:D :D :D

LE Dad
11-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I think Gilmer can get beat in DIV 2 as well! Brownwood can beat them for sure!:D :D :D Uhmmmmmm...............:thinking:

NO! :p :p :eek:

Buckeye80
11-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Ball control on offense and a good run defense can beat this Gilmer team. Abilene Wylie, Cuero, Sealy, Jasper, Navasota, or Prosper could all beat Gilmer on any given night. Gilmer could also beat any of them on any given night.

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Abilene Wylie, Cuero, Sealy, Jasper, Navasota, or Prosper could all beat Gilmer on any given night. Gilmer could also beat any of them on any given night.

I'd put the $ on the latter if I had to put money on it...

Buckeye80
11-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'd put the $ on the latter if I had to put money on it...

Well hopefully, we get to find out how a Gilmer vs Cuero game would go in early December. I've been wanting that one for a while now!:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Well hopefully, we get to find out how a Gilmer vs Cuero game would go in early December. I've been wanting that one for a while now!:clap:

Well, Sealy's gunna be big wall we'll have to knock down to even get to there...

if it does happen, which I hope it does, I'll have to say I wish it would have been sooner... Though we're good, play hard etc..., this isn't as talented of a Cuero team as we've had in the past...

hard playin' SOBs though and that's what you need...

Buckeye80
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Well, Sealy's gunna be big wall we'll have to knock down to even get to there...

if it does happen, which I hope it does, I'll have to say I wish it would have been sooner... Though we're good, play hard etc..., this isn't as talented of a Cuero team as we've had in the past...

hard playin' SOBs though and that's what you need...

This year is this year. It's funny that the LH fans and Carthage fans refer to teams that beat Gilmer in 07 and 08. I was under the impression that we were discussing beating the 09 Gilmer team.
And I'm sure the Gobblers wouldn't just roll over. Besides, Jasper only had eight starters returning and a brand new scheme on both sides of the ball, and played us a game in Week Zero!

Gobbla2001
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
This year is this year. It's funny that the LH fans and Carthage fans refer to teams that beat Gilmer in 07 and 08. I was under the impression that we were discussing beating the 09 Gilmer team.
And I'm sure the Gobblers wouldn't just roll over. Besides, Jasper only had eight starters returning and a brand new scheme on both sides of the ball, and played us a game in Week Zero!

yah, I just think '09 is Gilmer's year...

would have loved to see Gilmer/Cuero in '04, '05, '06 and '07...

Hell I just wanna see Gilmer period... just not this year ha

Buckeye80
11-14-2009, 12:09 AM
yah, I just think '09 is Gilmer's year...

would have loved to see Gilmer/Cuero in '04, '05, '06 and '07...

Hell I just wanna see Gilmer period... just not this year ha

Yeah, I can imagine that there aren't too many Chapel Hill fans on the D1 side of the playoffs.:D But honestly, the Buckeyes are not invincible. But they can be pretty scary!:D