PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated 8th grade team

'Necks 2013-14
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen anything in the local fish-wraps so I had to give some props. The West Brazos Roustabouts, which is the West Columbia-Brazoria Roughneck's junior high school, had an undefeated district season. I realize that past performance does not assure future results but their predecessors accomplished the same feat last season. Looks pretty bright to me down here in BrazCo! I think I'll put my shades on!!:cool:

lulu
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
I haven't seen anything in the local fish-wraps so I had to give some props. The West Brazos Roustabouts, which is the West Columbia-Brazoria Roughneck's junior high school, had an undefeated district season. I realize that past performance does not assure future results but their predecessors accomplished the same feat last season. Looks pretty bright to me down here in BrazCo! I think I'll put my shades on!!:cool:

We had this same senerio....our boys are now
Juniors and were seperated when they became Freshmen. Some stayed on JV for 2 years with some (2)going straight to varsity.
Caused all kinds of rift among the boys. The ones left behind not happy and the ones that went on to Varsity not excepted by Seniors/soph/ jrs.. New coaches for all kids. Not pretty. This year they are back together but under a different coach. They are nowhere near the same. Our varsity coach will not even allow their old coach on the field. He films the games. These boys loved that coach and he obviously knew their skills and abilities. I wish he could coach them their senior year but our varsity coach has not the sense to even consider it.

Inmateboss
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14

Tell the boys, we said Great job. We here in Graham get very little print for our JH, Freshmen and JV, that it makes me want to Puke. Heck they could at least put the scores and player of the week in the paper,I don't think that would kill them. Again good work and Good luck next year!!!

'Necks 2013-14
11-12-2009, 02:14 PM
We are in agreement I.B. I will tell them what you said and I know they will appreciate it! Good luck to all of Graham's teams as well.:clap:

bp80884
11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Congrats.

Our 8th grade boys team went undefeated this year as well. As a matter of fact they only had 2 teams score on them the entire year. They outscored their opponents 278 to 14.

I think they went undefeated last year as well but don't hold me to that.

We are hoping to continue that success through the next 4 years.

Go China Spring Cougars!

trojandad
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Tell the boys, we said Great job. We here in Graham get very little print for our JH, Freshmen and JV, that it makes me want to Puke. Heck they could at least put the scores and player of the week in the paper,I don't think that would kill them. Again good work and Good luck next year!!!

count your blessings, towns like coldspring don't even have a newspaper, too small......

icu812
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
Congrats.

Our 8th grade boys team went undefeated this year as well. As a matter of fact they only had 2 teams score on them the entire year. They outscored their opponents 278 to 14.

Go China Spring Cougars!

Wow, that is impressive! My sons 7th grade team outscored their opponents 247-24. The starting D only gave up 6 on a missed assignment on a pass play.

We better enjoy it now because it doesn't always carry over to high school. Although I sure feel better about being the team that scored 247 than the one that gave up 247.

bp80884
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Wow, that is impressive! My sons 7th grade team outscored their opponents 247-24. The starting D only gave up 6 on a missed assignment on a pass play.

We better enjoy it now because it doesn't always carry over to high school. Although I sure feel better about being the team that scored 247 than the one that gave up 247.

Yeah, we are enjoying. This group of kids have only lost 2 game in their junior high careers (this includes basketball).

They have all been playing together since they were 4 years old and they all get along so well.

We also have a couple of new players on both teams that are extremely athletic.

Go Cougars!

coach
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
fairfield 8th JH also went undefeated:clap:

formercougar18
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
they tied a team in 7th grade.

Inmateboss
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by icu812

And your worried if it will carry over into HS. It won't matter nobody is going to want to play then. Tell your son that is totally awesome stats. It gets harder here on out, but their off to a really good start. good luck next year!

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

GRTIGER5
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Yup, when I was in 8th grade we had like 60 kids playing if you added the A&B teams, my senior year we had 12 seniors that were left from those 60. Theres no work in jr. high, highschool weeds out everybody that doesnt want to put in the blood and sweat.

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by coach
fairfield 8th JH also went undefeated:clap:

But they didn't play CS did they?

Mr FormerCougar18'S (and the clowns pictured with him) team did not loose a game in JRH scoring almost 500 points and giving up 56.

They went 26 and 3 their Jr and Sr seasons.

This years 8th grade is everybit as good if not better.

formercougar18
11-13-2009, 03:39 AM
yup should be exciting in a couple of years.

hookandladder
11-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Congrats.

Go China Spring Cougars!

Does every kid get to play every game and also are there any kids playing both ways. Just curious if you have 11 on offense and another 11 that play defense.

bp80884
11-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Does every kid get to play every game and also are there any kids playing both ways. Just curious if you have 11 on offense and another 11 that play defense.

We have a few that play both ways some time, but for the most part they have different people.

They don't have many more than 30 if that on the a team and they all played.

hookandladder
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
We have a few that play both ways some time, but for the most part they have different people.

They don't have many more than 30 if that on the a team and they all played.

In 7th & 8th grade we had over 60 kids out , this year as freshmen 44 kids and all have to play. No A & B teams, pretty hard to watch.