PDA

View Full Version : The secret behind Gilmer's success revealed!

navscanmaster
11-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Look at Buckeye Stadium on Google Maps, or Google Earth. They score so easily because their field is only 30 yards long!!!:D :D :D :p :nerd:

lostaussie
11-11-2009, 10:49 PM
WHEATIES!!!!!!!

Powwow
11-12-2009, 07:14 AM
This may sound delusional by most accounts, but do any of the Gilmer faithful think that LE can get to a rematch with the Buckeyes in the State Championship game?:wave: Most predictions have LE not getting past the 2nd round :smoker:
Just a thought and I bet it would be a great game if it happens and we all know that ANYTHING could happen. LE is playing much better ball than they did when Gilmer met up with them the 3rd week of the season and I just can't understand why LE is always underestimated during the playoffs. If LE can have a team as talented and powerful and Gilmer on their heels for two solid quarters then I think LE's chances are good playing anyone else during the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, being an underdog has it's advantages but where is the respect for teams who play tough schedules?

waterboy
11-12-2009, 09:00 AM
The ONLY team I'm thinking about right now is Jasper. When we win that one :D , I will concentrate on the winner of the Athens/LaVega game........and so on and so forth. Hopefully we'll still be talking about the playoffs next week.

:thinking: Hey, Powwow, you think that the Leopards will win this week? I heard that BYE was really tough in the first round!:D

Powwow
11-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
The ONLY team I'm thinking about right now is Jasper. When we win that one :D , I will concentrate on the winner of the Athens/LaVega game........and so on and so forth. Hopefully we'll still be talking about the playoffs next week.

:thinking: Hey, Powwow, you think that the Leopards will win this week? I heard that BYE was really tough in the first round!:D

Yes, that 1st round bye will be a doozie!!! Of course District 16-AAA lobbied UIL to ask for a bye in the 1st round. You of all people should remember how we usually don't make it past the 1st round if we actually play anyone:doh: Good luck Friday.

Aesculus gilmus
11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
http://swepcophotos.com/aerials/2006_0919/pages/DSC_0265.htm

They had finished installing the turf in this one, but were still at work on the new field house.

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I have L/E going out in round 3 against Prosper..............but hey I for 1 would love a rematch. First of all that would mean we were in the championship game..............secondly it would mean we were fixing to DONKEY STOMP YOUR A$$

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I have L/E going out in round 3 against Prosper..............but hey I for 1 would love a rematch. First of all that would mean we were in the championship game..............secondly it would mean we were fixing to DONKEY STOMP YOUR A$$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Someones been in the liquor cabinet early this morning. :doh: LOL :taunt: :taunt:

BuckeyeNut
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Someones been in the liquor cabinet early this morning. :doh: LOL :taunt: :taunt:

I think the time since we played as numded your senses.

:D :D :stirpot: :stirpot:

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Someones been in the liquor cabinet early this morning. :doh: LOL :taunt: :taunt: I think you guys think your team is a lot better than they really are. You had lots of emotion and played Gilmer a very good game...........so what. Pittsburg exposed you for what you are...........a good playoff team that has little chance of making a significant run.

waterboy
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Come on, lostaussie! The Leopards usually do good in the playoffs. The only time I remember them losing in the first round was to the Buckeyes in '07. This year they are playing a tough BYE in the first round, so they may squeak into the second round.:D Who knows how they will match up with the Wills Point/Lucas Lovejoy winner? Those teams had easier schedules and the Leopards might just surprise them........so I wouldn't count them out just yet.:thinking: To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind meeting up with them again. That would mean we made it to the finals!:clap:

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Come on, lostaussie! The Leopards usually do good in the playoffs. The only time I remember them losing in the first round was to the Buckeyes in '07. This year they are playing a tough BYE in the first round, so they may squeak into the second round.:D Who knows how they will match up with the Wills Point/Lucas Lovejoy winner? Those teams had easier schedules and the Leopards might just surprise them........so I wouldn't count them out just yet.:thinking: To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind meeting up with them again. That would mean we made to the finals!:clap: like i said, meeting them again is fine with me. Prosper in the 3rd round will be a challenge for them as will AW in the semi's assuming they both make it that far. it's the playoffs.............you never know.

waterboy
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
like i said, meeting them again is fine with me. Prosper in the 3rd round will be a challenge for them as will AW in the semi's assuming they both make it that far. it's the playoffs.............you never know.
That's true......"you never know". One game at a time, and anything can happen in high school football. Sometimes the favorite doesn't always win, and I think we can relate to that.:thinking: No excuses from here on out, it's either win or go home!

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Yep, the next how ever many weeks that are left will be filled with surprises. I can remember LE losing to Center in '05 by 1pt. We missed 2 XPs and a chip shot FG. '06 we upset Gilmer and beat Robinson by 1 in Finals after they went for the win on a fake XP. 1pt can be the difference between hoisting a trophy and going home.

:D

lulu
11-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I will see you guys Saturday.Hope the Buckeyes have their game face on.:D

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I think you guys think your team is a lot better than they really are. You had lots of emotion and played Gilmer a very good game...........so what. Pittsburg exposed you for what you are...........a good playoff team that has little chance of making a significant run. I think Pittsburg exposed themselves as a very good team. Pitt will probably surprise a few people if they can keep their confidence up.:)

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I think Pittsburg exposed themselves as a very good team. Pitt will probably surprise a few people if they can keep their confidence up.:) with that I do not disagree..........I have been on the Pitt bandwagon for a while and I can see them making a good run and I hope they do.

waterboy
11-12-2009, 11:44 AM
What would be cool is if Pittsburg and Carthage both made the finals.:clap: An all East Texas final in any classification would suit me just fine!:thinking:

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
What would be cool is if Pittsburg and Carthage both made the finals.:clap: An all East Texas final in any classification would suit me just fine!:thinking: I would be there. It will take Pitt getting past Argyle. I would love to see Pitt v Brownwood :eek: :eek:

:devil:

waterboy
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I would be there, too! After all, D1 will over and done with, and I gotta get my HS football fix at least one more week!:D I'm hoping that we're still celebrating that week leading up to the D2 finals!;)

Powwow
11-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Yep, the next how ever many weeks that are left will be filled with surprises. I can remember LE losing to Center in '05 by 1pt. We missed 2 XPs and a chip shot FG. '06 we upset Gilmer and beat Robinson by 1 in Finals after they went for the win on a fake XP. 1pt can be the difference between hoisting a trophy and going home.

:D
LEDAD
Center beat LE in the quarters in 04 at Maverick Stadium in Marshall. Gainsville in Texas Stadium is who LE lost to in the semi's, in 05. . In 06 year they won state (when most people counted us out of the 1st round- he he). But it is 0-0 for everyone now and what you think may be anointed or appointed may very well not happen. Are you going to post about the game this Friday in Greenville? I have a couple of peeps going but they are not the game update type:flaming: If you go have a safe trip. Been a lot of accidents on 30 this week.

Powwow
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I have L/E going out in round 3 against Prosper..............but hey I for 1 would love a rematch. First of all that would mean we were in the championship game..............secondly it would mean we were fixing to DONKEY STOMP YOUR A$$

Oh really? Like your ALL WORLD UNSTOPPABLE TEAM DID IN 06? I have learned a lot of things and the one that is 1st and foremost in my mind is that POSTERS ON CHATBOARDS DON'T PLAY THE GAMES. THE KIDS DO!! And when you are dealing with kids, IT'S ANYBODY'S GAME TO WIN!!

easttexas3a
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
LE has a chance, probably not as good as some of the others on that side of the bracket. I think Prosper and AW are really really good. Wills Point I have heard is good but who knows. LE is just a matchup problem for the buckeyes, something about LE just gives Gilmer fits. Of course Gilmer the next 2 weeks after that game showed why the deserved to be number 1.

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Powwow
Oh really? Like your ALL WORLD UNSTOPPABLE TEAM DID IN 06? I have learned a lot of things and the one that is 1st and foremost in my mind is that POSTERS ON CHATBOARDS DON'T PLAY THE GAMES. THE KIDS DO!! And when you are dealing with kids, IT'S ANYBODY'S GAME TO WIN!! I never said we were unstoppable in 06 or 09 or any other year for that matter.............we may get beat this weekend, but i will promise you.............if we get lucky enough to play LE again this year we will crush you. I hope we are there to find out and I hope yall are too.

lostaussie
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
BTW.............back to the original topic.............WHEATIES:D

LE Dad
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Powwow
Oh really? Like your ALL WORLD UNSTOPPABLE TEAM DID IN 06? I have learned a lot of things and the one that is 1st and foremost in my mind is that POSTERS ON CHATBOARDS DON'T PLAY THE GAMES. THE KIDS DO!! And when you are dealing with kids, IT'S ANYBODY'S GAME TO WIN!! LOL Easy PowWow, these Gilmer posters just like to pull my chain a little:D It's all in fun :confused: I think :rolleyes: They are fun once you get to know em :thumbsup:

Powwow
11-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
LE has a chance, probably not as good as some of the others on that side of the bracket. I think Prosper and AW are really really good. Wills Point I have heard is good but who knows. LE is just a matchup problem for the buckeyes, something about LE just gives Gilmer fits. Of course Gilmer the next 2 weeks after that game showed why the deserved to be number 1.

So very true. Gilmer is the best team out there right now, no doubt. But there could be a surprise down the road every weekend. Anyone and everyone is beatable.