PDA

View Full Version : Best Team Not in Playoffs

Texas Cougar
11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
This may have already been done, but I have not seen it. I will throw West out there. Finished the year 7-3 with wins over China Spring and Mexia.

Johnny Utah
11-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Not to steal your thread, but I dont buy much of this. If you are really a good team you win when it counts and get into the playoffs, no matter the district you are in. JMO. I am sure there are some 8-2 teams that could have stayed home, but some teams get better and better each week, some go the opposite direction. Hondo is good, but did not get in. Those are the breaks.

BEAST
11-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Snyder

BEAST

dawg4life
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Not to steal your thread, but I dont buy much of this. If you are really a good team you win when it counts and get into the playoffs, no matter the district you are in. JMO. I am sure there are some 8-2 teams that could have stayed home, but some teams get better and better each week, some go the opposite direction. Hondo is good, but did not get in. Those are the breaks.

Hondo wasnt really a good team, they just played Pearsall a good game

Johnny Utah
11-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Looked at the Brackets for your region. If Bandera can win a few rounds then you will be considered a good team. Does that make sense. I do know that Hondo is well coached and their kids play hard.

Texas Cougar
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Then West and Hondo are good teams that did not make the playoffs. Of course all districts are not equal. West and Hondo may have walked away with district championships had they been in say district 2.

Astrosdawg07
Rusk

BEAST
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Then West and Hondo are good teams that did not make the playoffs. Of course all districts are not equal. West and Hondo may have walked away with district championships had they been in say district 2.

Not likely. District 2 is as tough as it gets and you know it.

BEAST

WOS87
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Bellville

coach
11-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Fairfield

big daddy russ
11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
West is a great team, but my vote goes to Bellville. It's all speculation, but the Brahmas may have been good enough to win 7-3A outright. Heck, they're the only team with a win over #8 Caldwell this year and their four losses (Navasota, La Grange, Giddings, Sealy) have all come against teams ranked in both the 3ADL and AP top ten throughout the year.

yoe64
11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Bellville

Yeah I think you have to go with Bellville, I mean we all knew some good team was gonna stay home in this district. All teams had the potential to win the district. With the exception of Smithville.

lostaussie
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
West is a great team, but my vote goes to Bellville. I think Bellville was good enough to win 7-3A outright. Great.............is a word widely overused. I think all great teams, and there only a few, are in the playoffs. That doesn't mean one of the so-called great teams will win a state championship. A good playoff team can have a GREAT run and get it done!!!

eagles_victory
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
Fairfield Laughable

Trashman
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Snyder, hands down. They could have been district champs in most 3A districts. :D

squid
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
West and Hondo may have walked away with district championships had they been in say district 2.

they would have walked away, but with bloody noses.....

navscanmaster
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
On the comment Johnny Utah made, the thread was about the "best team not in the playoffs." That means to me, not which team "should be in the playoffs," but if you could rank the teams sitting at home now, who would be #1.

I would rank them like this:

1. Bellville
2. Snyder
3. Cameron
4. West
5. Madisonville
6. Midland Greenwood
7. Llano
8. Hondo
9. Liberty Hill
10. Smithville

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Sweetwater:D :D :D

Phantom Stang
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Of course!:D

navscanmaster
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM

1-4 in that district is not hard to do if you are in a mediocre/down type year, but 0-5 before district doesn't fool anybody.:p

Yes, I know you were j/k.:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Bellville
Snyder
Cameron
West
Madisonville

Texas Cougar
11-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
On the comment Johnny Utah made, the thread was about the "best team not in the playoffs." That means to me, not which team "should be in the playoffs," but if you could rank the teams sitting at home now, who would be #1.

I would rank them like this:

1. Bellville
2. Snyder
3. Cameron
4. West
5. Madisonville
6. Midland Greenwood
7. Llano
8. Hondo
9. Liberty Hill
10. Smithville

That is a pretty good list. I would take West over Cameron though.

navscanmaster
11-11-2009, 08:46 PM
That is a pretty good list. I would take West over Cameron though.

Maybe; my thinking was that Cameron really caught fire at the end of the year, beating Navasota on the road and playing Caldwell as close as they did. I think if they had played like that the whole year, we could remove them from this list and be talking about them beating West-Orange Stark in a few weeks.:D

ivchris
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Another vote for Snyder.

Inmateboss
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Yep, I'll have to go with Snyder!!! Darn good ball club!

coach
11-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Laughable

hey we have the best player in the state that no one talks about...Matt Szymanski

SHSBulldog00
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Bellville

:iagree:

numero siete
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM
any team out of d25 could have made the playoffs in a different district. It is hands down the toughest district in the state IMO. The teams that didnt make it have decisive victories over teams that made the playoffs in other districts and the teams that did make it have a chance to go deep and maybe even go all the way.

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I'd have to give he nod to Bellville.

navscanmaster
11-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by numero siete
any team out of d25 could have made the playoffs in a different district. It is hands down the toughest district in the state IMO. The teams that didnt make it have decisive victories over teams that made the playoffs in other districts and the teams that did make it have a chance to go deep and maybe even go all the way.

I think they are good in 25, but like 24, I just don't think any of our teams will make it past the quarters and semis. Gilmer stands in Navasota's and Sealy's way before state, and Carthage stands in the way of Caldwell, Rockdale, La Grange and Giddings. Don't like those chances one bit...........but that is why we play the game.

TheDOCTORdre
11-11-2009, 10:44 PM

any team in d25 could not have made the playoffs in 2-3a

PhiI C
11-11-2009, 11:01 PM
They may not be the best team but Robstown had a good team but unfortunately they were in a tough district. Even then they barely lost two close games and if they had won one they would have been in the playoffs.

SintonPirateFan
11-12-2009, 07:58 AM
i'm not saying this team belongs in the same league with the ones already mentioned, but down south the best not in the playoffs would have to be Robstown. They gave Ingleside and Sinton all they could handle.

SintonPirateFan
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
They may not be the best team but Robstown had a good team but unfortunately they were in a tough district. Even then they barely lost two close games and if they had won one they would have been in the playoffs.

ha..you beat me to it.

garciap77
11-12-2009, 08:29 AM

China Spring would not have made the playoffs in district 2!

garciap77
11-12-2009, 08:35 AM

ANY TEAM!

1. Sealy (8-0) (3-0)
2. Giddings (7-1) ((2-1)
3. La Grange (7-1) (2-1)
4. Bellville (5-3) (1-2)
5. Smithville (5-3) (1-2)
6.Columbus(4-4) (0-3)

¿ Estás loco ?:D

;)

May be your top three.:)

trojan37
11-12-2009, 11:01 AM
This debate could go on for ever. My mom told me a story about when I was a little kid, not sure how old I was, but West was 2A back then. Only one team went to the playoffs. It was the last game of the year and West was playing McGregor at home. West was 9-0 and McGregor was 9-0 and ranked in the top 4 in state. West won I believe 32-0 and McGregor was 9-1 and sitting at home. That had to suck, but it's been like that for years.

lulu
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by coach
hey we have the best player in the state that no one talks about...Matt Szymanski Got stats Coach? I love to hear about kids that are really good but don't get recognized.
We have one on our team. Put them out there someone might be looking.

Ex-Tiger2005
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Snyder

BEAST

I will take that vote too!

thelegend02
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Anthony

Old Tiger
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Well if they're not in the playoffs I don't think there is a "best team."

Spread It Out
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
any team in d25 could not have made the playoffs in 2-3a

Pretty sure either Sealy or Giddings would've made the playoffs in District 2.

jp744
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Bellville

Any team out of District 25 that did not make the play offs. Wow Smithville, Bellville, Columbus, those guys would make the play offs in any other district just not theirs.

Pudlugger
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
There are several weak districts in R4 where Bellville, Smithville and Columbus would have made the playoffs. This is obvious to anyone who follows R4 3A closely. Smithville would be in the playoffs in D27, D28 or D32. Bellville would be in the playoffs in D26-D32.

BwdLions
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I know Bellville usually has a good team. However, I didn't watch them play, so I'll have to go with Snyder. The Tigers were a good team with a very quick and athletic defense. The problem is they played in a really tough district this year.