PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain...

pirate4state
12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
I know that FoxSportsNet aired last years Class 5A & 4A, Div I & II State Championship Games. My question is, why don't they air them all??? Why don't Class 3A, 2A, 1A & 6 man deserve the same consideration?? I understand a lot of the times are conflicting, but there is such a thing as recorded earlier. If anyone has an answer, please post. Thanks.

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2003, 11:51 AM
you know that lil ole 3a isnt important and only big bad 5a and 4a deserve the spotlight. heaven forbid that the smaller schools give a great, tight game to the fans of the state...

KTJ
12-08-2003, 11:54 AM
why don't you email fox sports and the uil to find out and give us a report when you have the answer. i would tell you my opinion, but the more i think about it, the more i don't believe my opinion to be the truth.

kaorder1999
12-08-2003, 01:04 PM
its all about money...cant get enought advertising revenue in these smaller texas towns!

pirate4state
12-08-2003, 02:09 PM
kaorder1999:
its all about money...cant get enought advertising revenue in these smaller texas towns!I figured as much, but I also figured w/ the small national attention Burnet was receiving that they would televise at least their game. wink Of course, this would help me :D since, I really don't WANT to drive to Dallas! :( :D

pirate4state
12-08-2003, 02:10 PM
KTJ:
why don't you email fox sports and the uil to find out and give us a report when you have the answer. i would tell you my opinion, but the more i think about it, the more i don't believe my opinion to be the truth.I've already emailed UIL & all they said was they didn't think it would be televised. I'll try fox sports & we'll see if they even respond! :)

pirate4state
12-08-2003, 05:40 PM
IT IS OFFICIAL:

To: keeping my id private :D
Subject: RE: UIL Texas Bowls
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:20:47 -0800

the only game we'll be airing this week is the class 5a game between
the
woodlands and north shore from houston.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 2:00 PM
To: southwest@foxsports.net
Subject: UIL Texas Bowls

I'm wondering if FoxSports Southwest will be airing any of the UIL Texas Bowls? In particular will you be airing the Class 3A, Division I State
game between Burnet & Gainesville?

THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! BUMMER. frown

PPHSfan
12-08-2003, 05:45 PM
If you rememeber, last year Blue Bell Icecream sponsored the 4A game between Denton Ryan and Brenham.(I wonder why?) :D

And they always air the 5A game, because they think that game is the Holy Grail of Highschool Football.

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 07:14 PM
PPHSfan:
If you rememeber, last year Blue Bell Icecream sponsored the 4A game between Denton Ryan and Brenham.(I wonder why?) :D

And they always air the 5A game, because they think that game is the Holy Grail of Highschool Football.....and there was much rejoicing...yeaahhhh... :D :D :D

cherished14
12-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Even if they did air it I will still be driving all the way from Corpus Christi there is nothing like watching BURNET live! GO DAWGS