PDA

View Full Version : Region III Volleyball Tournament

Yoe_09
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Carthage Vs. Caldwell Hornets 6 pm @ Bryan Viking Gym

Carthage: They defeated Lorena in 5 games in the second round after a first round BYE and then easily handled Bullard in 3.

Caldwell: They defeated Bridge City in 4 games after a first round BYE and then beat Tarkington in a great 5 games.

Mexia Vs. Cameron Yoe 8 pm @ Bryan Viking Gym

Mexia: They defeated Diboll in 4 games after a first round BYE and then beat Spring Hill in 5 games.

Cameron Yoe: They defeated Hamshire Fannett in a great come from behind 5 game win after a first round BYE and then beat Splendora in 4 games.

How do you think these turn out?

Global Swarming
11-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't know anything about Carthage. I can't find a record on them. But they've gotten this far in the tournament so they must be pretty good. I don't think that they are going to be better than the 8th ranked team in the state that we just beat. I would like for it to be an all 24-3A regional final. Caldwell has swept Cameron twice in district this season. Their coach was saying how she thought that Cameron could beat Caldwell if they meet again. Well she will get her wish for a rematch if both teams can take care of business this Friday.

tigerfan09
11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Carthage must have an awesome athletic program, and awesome athletes. It seems each of their sports make deep runs in the playoffs...football, baseball, volleyball...

Old Cardinal
11-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Caldwell wins
If they beat Bridge City in the second round 3-1 and then beat Tarkington 3-1, I don't see anyone taking them out.....

yoe64
11-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Don't know a lot about Mexia, but if the Lady Yoe keep playing the way they are they'll win. Maybe a bit of a homer pick, but the girls are playing outstanding.

Junior Brook Brashear plays with reckless abandon throwing her body all over the floor, same as she does in any other sports.

Jenae Rhoades had several consecutive aces last night against Splendora.

Senior Katlyn Kimbrel is a dominant force up front

The Lady Yoe have a lot of weapons and a veteran coach in Coach Richter.

zebrablue2
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I say GO LADY HORNETS!!!

cameronyoe
11-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I don't know anything about Carthage. I can't find a record on them. But they've gotten this far in the tournament so they must be pretty good. I don't think that they are going to be better than the 8th ranked team in the state that we just beat. I would like for it to be an all 24-3A regional final. Caldwell has swept Cameron twice in district this season. Their coach was saying how she thought that Cameron could beat Caldwell if they meet again. Well she will get her wish for a rematch if both teams can take care of business this Friday.

In their first meeting the lady yoe did in fact beat the lady hornets in one set. The lady yoe were the only team to beat the hornets in a set throughtout district.

Old Cardinal
11-12-2009, 12:48 AM
It sounds like Yoe won one set and Caldwell won 6......correct?

You never know about HS youth; but, sounds like Caldwell will prevail if they play up to 5 sets.

First they both have some games to play before this match-up happens...

Since your two teams took out parts of 22-3A & 21-3A--we will are pulling for your teams to go far--makes us feel a little better. :D

coach
11-12-2009, 01:03 AM
i hope caldwell wins i got a good frend on the team who is a beast

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by coach
i hope caldwell wins i got a good frend on the team who is a beast

haha on the court or other places?:thumbsup:

coach
11-12-2009, 01:15 AM
lol on the court...little too young for me

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by coach
lol on the court...little too young for me

Shoot. There isn't anything wrong with robbing the cradle.

lulu
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Shoot. There isn't anything wrong with robbing the cradle. Behave yourself:rolleyes:

trojandad
11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Shoot. There isn't anything wrong with robbing the cradle.

this thread just got forgettable......