PDA

View Full Version : Flash in The pan (FITP) Decatur does well against 4a playoff team

Chief Woodman
08-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Decatur played a 3-way scrimmage against Carter Riverside and a 4A Playoff team form last year. My hat is off to the Carter Riverside eagles- much improved over last year, although still greatly undermaned. Played with a lot of class and I got to meet CHRSeagle from 3A down low. A nice, well mannered young man who has a lot of heart. Good luck to you and have fun this year. I will follow your progress through the year. As for the 4a playoff team....

They had 4 possessions with the ball....scored once, and Decatur "D" forced two turnovers. Decatur "O" had the ball 5 possessions....scored three td's and was driving for a fourth when the 4A kids started taking late cheap shots...then started throwing punches in frustration. The scrimmage was abruptly ended. The head coach for their school appologized for his players, and was embarrassed for the late cheap shots they were taking. Result, Decatur 21.....AHHS 7

Seems like our flash in the pan team can even compete on the 4A level.

vet93
08-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey Chief...not everyone called the Eagles a flash in the pan team. I had them picked to play Greenwood for the Region I championship in D2. There are quite a few others who feel the same way. Also, we have to be a little careful in reading too much into a scrimmage. There are too many factors that are un-gamelike that come into play as well as too many games to play before the playoffs begin. Having said that (mostly for all of the youngsters)...it sounds like an impressive beginning for the Eagles this year. Good luck on an injury free season.

Chief Woodman:
Decatur played a 3-way scrimmage against Carter Riverside and a 4A Playoff team form last year. My hat is off to the Carter Riverside eagles- much improved over last year, although still greatly undermaned. Played with a lot of class and I got to meet CHRSeagle from 3A down low. A nice, well mannered young man who has a lot of heart. Good luck to you and have fun this year. I will follow your progress through the year. As for the 4a playoff team....

They had 4 possessions with the ball....scored once, and Decatur "D" forced two turnovers. Decatur "O" had the ball 5 possessions....scored three td's and was driving for a fourth when the 4A kids started taking late cheap shots...then started throwing punches in frustration. The scrimmage was abruptly ended. The head coach for their school appologized for his players, and was embarrassed for the late cheap shots they were taking. Result, Decatur 21.....AHHS 7

Seems like our flash in the pan team can even compete on the 4A level.

CRHSeagle
08-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Frustration got the best of Arlington Heights today...Decatur has a good team, I was surprised to see so much passing from a 3A team. Good luck in the future and Chief Woodman, nice meeting you.

Matthew328
08-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Hmmm cheap shots...will be willing to see what happens Thursday when Everman scrimmages Heights...

CRHSeagle
08-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Matthew328:
Hmmm cheap shots...will be willing to see what happens Thursday when Everman scrimmages Heights...If ur gonna be attending this one, be sure to let us know what went down...

Matthew328
08-16-2003, 07:37 PM
I'll be there...

Chief Woodman
08-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Matthew- they really were late hits....way way after the whistle. But the coach responed with a lot of class....got on his teamd pretty hard about playing hard from snap to whistle...not after the whistle. Hopefully you will see the results next week.

Old Cardinal
08-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I have heard nothing but good out of the Decatur program...I think they are right in the mix..