PDA

View Full Version : old drag - 3a bracket is late posting

dirtydan
11-10-2009, 08:40 AM
do you think that is good news or bad news for us, maybe something changed and we go down to D2.
have you noticed the way they divvy up the schools, we have two schools (jasper & gilmer 8-2 & 10-0) knocking heads while on the other side of the bracket there is two schools Waco La Vega and athens 6-4 and 4-6; playing each other and one of them gets to stay one more week at least. what about gilmer and jasper playing waco la vega and athens; what you think?
i tried to stay away from everybody last friday nite, and i still came up with the crud; hope its gone by the weekend.

old dragon
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Man that crud sucks!I had a similar case of it earlier in the season,drink plenty of fluids,get rest,eat lots of vitiamin C,may not hurt getting a prescription.If we beat the" Other Dogs",i love the idea of playing some new teams in the playoffs.I can't recall ever playing either Athens or La Vega in recent history,maybe before I became a Buckeye(could have still been a Dragon).As you know this is a new season for all in the hunt, but I believe we can hang with anyone.Sealy,Cuero,S.A. Sam Houston as well as Ingleside should be good opponents.

waterboy
11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Looking over the D1 bracket, there are only 5 teams that I can remember the Buckeyes ever playing before: Abilene Wylie, Liberty-Eylau, Wills Point, Athens, and Jasper. Assuming we beat Jasper and continue on, there will be at least 3 opponents we will face for the first time on the gridiron.

old dragon
11-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks Waterboy,could not remember Athens.Hey Dan,are you retired yet?I know you are from military,but don't know about locally.