PDA

View Full Version : Texas facing big challenge in Waco with Baylor this week!

Phil C
11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
This is one football game that has me worried. Remember the game is in Waco. The Bears with their young qb and dbs are starting to jell and they have just beat a good Missouri team. This is a bad time for the Horns to catch them.

Remember in the past at Waco (and these are just a few games):

1974 Baylor beats UT and costs UT the SWC championship by the score of 34 to 24. The score is left on at Baylor stadium the whole night.

1970 A Baylor team that was to win only 2 games almost stops the UT win streak before losing a close 21 to 14 game. Baylor had one td called back by a penalty and at the end of the game they got to the UT six yard line and were throwing passes to the end zone. The next day when one read the papers you would have thought Baylor had won the game.

1964 A 5 game loss Baylor team almost pulls the upset on Texas who was to go on to a 10-1 record. UT completes a fourth quarter td pass to win the game 20-14.

1941 A Baylor team that was to lose 6 games ties UT 7 - 7 costing a great UT team the MNC.

So you can see Baylor is tough at home and UT has it's work cut out. This game is most fearsome and will be a big test.

Also as I mentioned UT is playing them in Waco. That increases the risk.

Also the Baylor Coach is not afraid of UT. Last year in the final coaches' poll he had UT at No. 5 behind 1. Oklahoma, 2. Florida,
3. USC and 4. Alabama. Scary times indeed.

ivchris
11-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Baylor will be beaten like a redheaded step-child.

Old Tiger
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/Homer%20Simpson%20Oh%20No.jpg

SintonPirateFan
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Also the Baylor Coach is not afraid of UT. Last year in the final coaches' poll he had UT at No. 5 behind 1. Oklahoma, 2. Florida,
3. USC and 4. Alabama. Scary times indeed.

all the more reason for the Horns to put up some style points against the whipping boys of the South.

i promise. mack will have everyone in top form for this game.

squid
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I too am worried. Rumor is that Grant Teaff has been seen buying up all the fishing worms around Lake Waco this week........Horns are dooooooooooomed!

GUNHO
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
:crazy1:

Mojado
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Baylor to the Woodshed.... in the 2nd half that is... The Texas Darling McCoy has another slow start but finishes strong...

ANOTHER EPIC BATTLE IN THE BIG 12!!! :D