3. Caldwell
4. Jasper
5. Cleveland
6. Silsbee
7. West Orange-Stark
8. Navasota
9. Bridge City
10. Rockdale

With playoffs going on now there will not be a designated Region III GOTW because I believe that they are all games of the week in the playoffs. Instead I will provide my picks on the playoff pairings.

Region III Division I Picks

Gilmer over Jasper
Waco La Vega over Athens
Silsbee over Huffman-Hargrave

Region III Division II Picks

Center over Tatum
Brownsboro over Lorena
West Orange-Stark over Coldspring
Carthage over Gladewater
Mexia over Palestine
Cleveland over Bridge City

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Gilmer over Jasper
Waco La Vega over Athens

Tatum over Center
Lorena over Brownsboro
Coldspring over WO-S *I think the Trojans finally beat WO-S this year.
Carthage over Gladewater
Palestine over Mexia

WOS87
11-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Gilmer over Jasper
Waco La Vega over Athens

Tatum over Center
Lorena over Brownsboro
Coldspring over WO-S *I think the Trojans finally beat WO-S this year.
Carthage over Gladewater
Palestine over Mexia

I disagree with you on more than 50% of this

Gilmer over Jasper
Athens over La Vega
Silsbee BARELY over Huffman

Center over Tatum
Lorena over Brownsboro
WO-S over Coldspring
Carthage over Gladewater
Mexia over Palestine
Bridge City over Cleveland

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I disagree with you on more than 50% of this

Gilmer over Jasper
Athens over La Vega
Silsbee BARELY over Huffman

Center over Tatum
Lorena over Brownsboro
WO-S over Coldspring
Carthage over Gladewater
Mexia over Palestine
Bridge City over Cleveland

I was just fooling around. The fact that I haven't seen most of these teams play makes me less creditable. But, thats the fun of it, wondering what a bunch of 15, 15, 17, & 18 yr old young men will do come Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. :D

trojandad
11-11-2009, 08:13 AM
i'm missing the rationale that would have bridge city in and coldspring out of the top 10....or for that matter, would have wo-s below cleveland.....

Global Swarming
11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't worry about rankings this time of year or any part of the year. Everyone's on equal footing in the play offs. You just have to go out and prove on the field that you're better than the other teams.

GUNHO
11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Now that the playoffs are set I would like to see a top ten for D1 and D2.Putting them all togather at the start is ok but we need to seperate them now.JMO.

lostaussie
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Now that the playoffs are set I would like to see a top ten for D1 and D2.Putting them all togather at the start is ok but we need to seperate them now.JMO. thats hard to do considering there are only 7 teams in D1

This would be my D1
1 Gilmer
2 Jasper
3 Navasota
4 Silsbee
5 La Vega
6 Athens
7 Huffman-Hargrave

GUNHO
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thats hard to do considering there are only 7 teams in D1

This would be my D1
1 Gilmer
2 Jasper
3 Navasota
4 Silsbee
5 La Vega
6 Athens
7 Huffman-Hargrave

What am I missing here?There are 28 teams in D1,right?

venomous tat2
11-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
What am I missing here?There are 28 teams in D1,right?

you're missing Region 1 , 2 & , 4 this was about region 3 :D

Old Cardinal
11-11-2009, 01:42 PM
To Hemotoxic: Coldspring will not beat WO-
S: they have-- non-school recruiters-- for the last several decades that pick up 7 grade through 10 grade athletes from all over SW Louisiana and all of SE TX. They move them in with "uncles & aunts" making it legal...

I am not being mean just factual--I have never figured out why the UIL does not investigate this ongoing situation..

WO-S always fields a great team.

GUNHO
11-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
you're missing Region 1 , 2 & , 4 this was about region 3 :D

:doh: I stand corrected.:D

griff
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
S: they have-- non-school recruiters-- for the last several decades that pick up 7 grade through 10 grade athletes from all over SW Louisiana and all of SE TX. They move them in with "uncles & aunts" making it legal...

I am not being mean just factual--I have never figured out why the UIL does not investigate this ongoing situation..

To Old Cardinal: Thanks for your confidence in saying WO-S will beat Coldspring. We were unable to raise enough money for this year's slush fund that pays our "non-school recruiters", and the proof is in the fact that we lost our first district game ever since we dropped to 3A. However, we DID succeed in continuing our unbeaten streak against BC, so we feel very fortunate. If you know of any untapped "aunties and uncles" that we haven't bankrolled into our "legal lobby", please send us names. We only suit about 25 players every year in this Orange County dynasty, and we would hate for the numbers to start dropping below such a comfortable number of player participation. Thanks for your concern, and for for mentioning the UIL, which stands for "U-Is-Lying". :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Honestly, Cardinal, I could care less who wins. With that said, I do hope that it is a good game. What we do have is a difference in opinion. I don't have a problem with that. Believe it or not, I have learned to agree to disagree. Trust me, I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.

Good Luck to both teams.

May the best team win.;)

Old Cardinal
11-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Sir: There is certainly no--money--involved at all! It has for years been very good fans that go out and try to persuade good players with potential to come play in their District. LC-M has lost a few key players many times through these decades, since they are right next door.
WO-S has some really great coaches that guide that team.
It seems that persistence as worked(by fans), to get a few stars to come over to augment a very skilled group of local players. I am sure you will enjoy the game..and living in Kingwood maybe it won't be as far to drive...Good luck and I hope you enjoy the playoffs.

easttexas3a
11-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Here are mine

Gilmer over Jasper 42-21
Waco La Vega over Athens 21-14
Silsbee over Huffman-Hargrave 33-20

Tatum over Center 28-19
Lorena over Brownsboro 24-21
West Orange-Stark over Coldspring 21-6
Carthage over Gladewater 49-14
Mexia over Palestine 35-21
Cleveland over Bridge City 17-14

griff
11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Sir: There is certainly no--money--involved at all! It has for years been very good fans that go out and try to persuade good players with potential to come play in their District. LC-M has lost a few key players many times through these decades, since they are right next door.
WO-S has some really great coaches that guide that team.
It seems that persistence as worked(by fans), to get a few stars to come over to augment a very skilled group of local players. I am sure you will enjoy the game..and living in Kingwood maybe it won't be as far to drive...Good luck and I hope you enjoy the playoffs.

Your entire accusation is just hilarious. For one thing, if a student moves in with a relative in another district for the purpose of attending another school, whether it be for better academic or athletic opportunities, so be it. There is nothing illegal about it. It happens all over the state every year. For you to single out WO-S or any other team for this high crime (as you see it) is just silly. I guarantee you BC has had players on their baseball team who would have attended another school if they weren't "persuaded" to go there. As for LCM losing good players to move into WO-S...you apparently are not aware of the MANY students who lived in the WO-S district, could not accept the stern disciplinary expectations of the WO-S football coaches, and then transferred to LCM to play football there. There are countless examples of this through the years.

Next time, hold the conspiratorial outsider view for barber shop gossip sessions. It'll save you the embarrassment of being exposed on a public forum.

trojandad
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Here are mine

Gilmer over Jasper 42-21

Tatum over Center 28-19

not saying they won't or can't win, but if wo-s beats us by more than two touchdowns, i'll be one surprised motor scooter.....as for the silsbee game, huffman lost to liberty, the team we put 35 on in the 1st qtr at their place, i don't see them hanging anywhere close to silsbee, could be a score in the 70's for silsbee even with the subs playing late, we beat huffman this year by 28, their biggest deficit and most points given up all year so if silsbee is ranked and we aren't, i'm sure they can do at least as well.....huffman has just had a tough year this year finding offense......

waterboy
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Here are mine

Gilmer over Jasper 42-21

Tatum over Center 28-19
I like every one of your picks. I think you got all of the winners right. I'm not much into picking scores, but a couple of those are probably a little conservative, in my opinion, but you never know.

lulu
11-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I like every one of your picks. I think you got all of the winners right. I'm not much into picking scores, but a couple of those are probably a little conservative, in my opinion, but you never know.

You for real think Tatum will take Center? That one scares me. I haven't seen Center except when we played them but if they have gotten better they could give Tatum a tough go. Tatum does have determination on their side; though Center dose not mind a little rough stuff if you get my drift. Tatum my be too civil if it goes down that way.