PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Reinstate LeGarrette Blunt

Spread It Out
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Oregon reinstates the RB after the incident in Boise at the beginning of the year. Interesting move after having a freshman step up and really excel in his absence.

mistanice
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
is dez bryant next?!

coach
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
i still dont know why blunt gets to come back and dez bryant is done for the year...

swstangs001
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
bc he lied to the ncaa :confused: :confused:

trojandad
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
if blount had hit the ncaa like he did that boise kid, they would have buried him.......:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Old Tiger
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
i still dont know why blunt gets to come back and dez bryant is done for the year... because dez violated major NCAA rules....Blount just knocked a dude out.

Blount has served his time and lived up to the set standards that the Pac-10, Oregon, and Chip Kelly set for him after the incident so therefore I have no problem with his reinstatement.

Its not like he'll play much anyway IMO with the emergence of the kid from Texas.

coach
11-09-2009, 01:51 PM
the kid fibbed about a rule he never broke. Blount embarrassed his school on national tv. He attacked fans and his own teammates...He wanted to hurt fans. What would have happened if no one held him back?

trojandad
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
he only knocked people out.....good thing he didn't use a gay "slur" like larry johnson, now THAT would have been reason to keep him out......those are SO much worse than physically attacking people.......:smoker:

TheDOCTORdre
11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Dez Bryant had a lawyer present with him at his meeting with the NCAA, after he initially lied to them, they gave him time to go out and talk to his lawyer and when they brought him in they asked him if he would like to change his answer and he didnt change his answer...Dez had his chance

kaorder1999
11-09-2009, 02:45 PM
easy...one was suspended by the team...the other by the NCAA

SintonPirateFan
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
PAC 10 is just taking discipline lessons from SEC.

NastySlot
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
give the kid a break im sure he's learn some sort of lesson...it's not like he's on his 2nd 3rd or 4th DWI DUI or what ever right?

crud all these kids mess up and it s so easy to judge and condemn cause they don't play for our team...who cares?

Twirling Time
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks to his screwup, Dez Bryant will be able to count a few million repercussions from it next fall.

aggiejwp
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
From what I've read he's been required to jump through many, many, many hoops in order to be allowed to do this.

shamu85
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
he only knocked people out.....good thing he didn't use a gay "slur" like larry johnson, now THAT would have been reason to keep him out......those are SO much worse than physically attacking people.......:smoker:

Isn't gay a slur of the word gay?

trojandad
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Isn't gay a slur of the word gay?

every term is a slur today except white, caucasian and male......

:nerd: :helpme: :crazy:

and no, has nothing to do with who he plays for.....i think the world of, say, colt mccoy but if he went space cadet as blount did he should be sat down for a MINIMUM of the rest of the year......nobody would be easy on him if he had killed someone in the stands with a punch....

shamu85
11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
every term is a slur today except white, caucasian and male......

:nerd: :helpme: :crazy:

and no, has nothing to do with who he plays for.....i think the world of, say, colt mccoy but if he went space cadet as blount did he should be sat down for a MINIMUM of the rest of the year......nobody would be easy on him if he had killed someone in the stands with a punch....

I think you missed my point. I meant that using gay to mean homosexual is a perversion of the word gay.

trojandad
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
we made the same point in two different ways, hence my reason for putting the word "slur" in quotations......i should have acknowledged the good point, my friend........

now that the liberals in here are throwing darts at our names.......:inlove:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Poor Dez Bryant... I don't think he really lied as much as he didn't tell the full truth... BS he should have to anyway but I guess there's a reason...

As for Blunt, I can't say after playing a tough game that I wouldn't have knocked that jabber-jawin' SOB across the face myself... you gotta stay classy though... but emotions are emotions... atleast he didn't beat him to death with his helmet...

shamu85
11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
we made the same point in two different ways, hence my reason for putting the word "slur" in quotations......i should have acknowledged the good point, my friend........

now that the liberals in here are throwing darts at our names.......:inlove:

I thought as much.:thumbsup:

Matthew328
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
If he did enough in his coaches eyes it's good enough for me

trojandad
11-10-2009, 12:52 AM
i respect the heck out of you, 328, but in this case i couldn't disagree more.....urban meyer showed last week that coaches are just too close to the players involved to see what they've done in the light of the reality....chip kelly as well, it seems....

whether they should be suspended less or more, i sure wish some type of consensus was taken with the powers that be and have some type of statute that's immediately applied, i.e. a statuatory application.......the nba has one with bench clearing during a brawl, if anyone comes off the bench onto the floor during a fight they are out of the next game automatically.....during his last year in the league patrick ewing got kicked out of the following game when his left foot was recorded on the playing court when a fight started during the game....players in college football could have paramenters set like the nba's for when they, say, strike a player with a fist, charge the stands to hurt a fan, etc and know their punishment before they hit the lockers, if its on tape, they're gone for x number of games....

even if the statutes are minimal, the coaches involved this year have shown their love and appreciation for the players just doesn't allow them to make good disciplinary choices on expulsions.......a half game?!?!? :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: