PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanlike Conduct (Ya think??)

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
This girl was suspended indefinitely.....do you think she should be banned for the rest of her college career???

The Devil wears shin pads (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977890071&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace)

ccmom
11-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Wow....just wow!:( :eek:

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 09:46 AM
HOLY ROID RAGE BATMAN!!! Not just once...but SEVERAL times she made aggressive contact....and remained in the game?!?! The funniest thing is...how sometimes she tried to make it look like an accident...."whoops!" and then as it went...it got more and more flagrant.

Yeah....give that little #*!@$ the chair!!! She's got whatever comes here way.

:mad:

SintonPirateFan
11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
i bet her boyfriend LOVES his life...

good luck breaking up with THAT one.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
HOLY ROID RAGE BATMAN!!! Not just once...but SEVERAL times she made aggressive contact....and remained in the game?!?! The funniest thing is...how sometimes she tried to make it look like an accident...."whoops!" and then as it went...it got more and more flagrant.

Yeah....give that little #*!@$ the chair!!! She's got whatever comes here way.

:mad:

I know!!! She was so nonchalant when she yanked that girl down by the hair.

44INAROW
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
when I left the house this morning - Matt Lauer was talking about this girl. Not sure if they were going to interview her or the other girl but they mentioned an interview :eek:

jason
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
college soccer girls are hot

Pudlugger
11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Time to pick a new sport? Ice hockey maybe?

TheDOCTORdre
11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by jason

+1

venomous tat2
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
she needs to be in the ring with some of the ladies from WWF and get a does of her own medicine .

Raider Red
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
She gets suspended indefinitely and Brandon Spikes goes for the eyes and gets 1 game? That sounds fair!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I dont see what the problem is. Roller Derby Soccer is supposed to be rough. Now, if this was a regular soccer game, maybe you have a point....

Phil C
11-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I am not condoning her actions but we have to remember that the cameras didn't show everything. Do we know if she was provoked or not? Are there other circumstances we need to know that are relevant?

I have seen many players in football called for a personal foul for hitting another player and yet films actually showed he was the one hit first. We must be tolerant and careful and get all the facts. A tribunal should review the case.

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am not condoning her actions but we have to remember that the cameras didn't show everything. Do we know if she was provoked or not? Are there other circumstances we need to know that are relevant?

I have seen many players in football called for a personal foul for hitting another player and yet films actually showed he was the one hit first. We must be tolerant and careful and get all the facts. A tribunal should review the case. scary times indeed Phil!!

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM

I have seen many players in football called for a personal foul for hitting another player and yet films actually showed he was the one hit first. We must be tolerant and careful and get all the facts. A tribunal should review the case.

If I was provoked, I darn sure wouldn't make a statement saying how sorry I was and state that I let my emotions get the best of me!!

JasperDog94
11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Raider Red
She gets suspended indefinitely and Brandon Spikes goes for the eyes and gets 1 game? That sounds fair!!!! She obviously does not play for a national championship team...:rolleyes:

Phil C
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I was provoked, I darn sure wouldn't make a statement saying how sorry I was and state that I let my emotions get the best of me!!

I understand your point but we need to know if she was "encouraged" to make the statement by her coaches or university officials.

Phil C
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
She obviously does not play for a national championship team...:rolleyes:

:D :rolleyes:

BreckTxLonghorn
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This girl was suspended indefinitely.....do you think she should be banned for the rest of her college career???

The Devil wears shin pads (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977890071&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace)

Yum yum gimme some.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I understand your point but we need to know if she was "encouraged" to make the statement by her coaches or university officials.

I am sure she was "encouraged" by the sheer terror of having her entire college and soccer career ripped from her for behaving like an idiot. I bet she is on scholarship...and I bet she is about to lose it. I have seen players lose their scholarships for less of an infraction with less of an explanation.

big daddy russ
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yum yum gimme some.
ROFL. You used to watch SNL back in the day, huh?

shamu85
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
There is no way you could convince me this type of behavior was the exception for her. Look at the was she was trying to protest her innocence at the ref. She acted like she wanted a piece of him, too. This chic is psycho. Surely, PMS does not get this bad?

Spread It Out
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jason

+1

BreckTxLonghorn
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
ROFL. You used to watch SNL back in the day, huh?

You get 10k cool points for recognizing that. There's like 8 people in the world who would get it. :D

Astrosdawg07
11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
There is no way you could convince me this type of behavior was the exception for her. Look at the was she was trying to protest her innocence at the ref. She acted like she wanted a piece of him, too. This chic is psycho. Surely, PMS does not get this bad?

Actually you would be surprised at what some of our CJ studies concerning this are finding.

Premenstrual Syndrome: Idea that several days prior to and during menstruation, excessive amounts of female sex hormones stimulate antisocial behavior i.e. aggressive behavior.
Theory popularized 30 years ago by Katharina Dalton who studied English women suicidal and aggressive tendencies before and during menstruation.
Research suggest that (a) a significant number of incarcerated women committed their crimes during the premenstrual phase (b) at least a small percentage of women appear vulnerable to recurring hormonal changes which makes them more prone to anxiety and hostility.

Mcguirk
11-09-2009, 05:33 PM

I'm not taking up a full defense for her but look at the video again. She punches the BYU player in retaliation for the BYU player elbowing her in the ribs. And right before the hair yank down, the BYU girl is grabbing her shorts and it looks like she going for her crotch. Sorry, but in these two instances I understand why she struck back. Not saying it is all justified, but look before you dub her the new Tonya Harding. :eek:

big daddy russ
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
You get 10k cool points for recognizing that. There's like 8 people in the world who would get it. :D
One of the best sketches they ever did.

Inmateboss
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know about the BYU girls but I know some Texas girls that would have made it real hard for Ms. Lambert to finish the game with Two Puffy eyes and a Swolt up lip. The Refs always catch the second guy. I feel she is a prime example of " their either coaching it, or condoning it", the New Mexico coach should be suppended for the same time frame.

Pendragon13
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Wow..anger management issues++

I'll admit that I don't know much about soccer (sacrilegious in the small texas town I grew up in) but.....were the refs watching some other game, or is some of that actually allowed?:confused: