PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo just won a big game

crzyjournalist03
11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Just for those who say he never wins the big ones.

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Big game? :doh:

I'll be impressed when he wins a playoff game (or two).

:clap:

WTF-82
11-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Just for those who say he never wins the big ones.

Antonio Ramiro Romo

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Just for those who say he never wins the big ones. well its November, hes 13-1 and now 13-0 in his last 13 games. Still few games left in November :)

WTF-82
11-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Antonio Ramiro Romo

Coahuilla

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Robstown connection

TheDOCTORdre
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Big game? :doh:

I'll be impressed when he wins a playoff game (or two).

:clap:

I am very happy that the 'Boys won, but I agree with this post 100%

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I am very happy that the 'Boys won, but I agree with this post 100% to get there HE has to win these games first to get another shot at it.

TheDOCTORdre
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
to get there HE has to win these games first to get another shot at it.

oh i know thats why i am very happy with the win, but Romo and the Boys have already shown us they can win up until the end of November...its December that I want to be shown something

Keith7
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Win a playoff game before you call him HOF material

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
oh i know thats why i am very happy with the win, but Romo and the Boys have already shown us they can win up until the end of November...its December that I want to be shown something And it should be a test, AT the Saints on Dec. 19 that could be for playoff seeding.

TheDOCTORdre
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

no one even said anythng about HOF:doh:

crzyjournalist03
11-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

you're the first one to bring up the hall of fame in this thread...but I like your thinking...

This thread isn't to say that Romo doesn't need to win a playoff game, but there are many people out there (and several posts on this very board) that say Romo has NEVER won a big game and always chokes in them.

This was a big game. Romo was the best quarterback on the field. Period.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 12:01 AM
you're the first one to bring up the hall of fame in this thread...but I like your thinking...

This thread isn't to say that Romo doesn't need to win a playoff game, but there are many people out there (and several posts on this very board) that say Romo has NEVER won a big game and always chokes in them.

This was a big game. Romo was the best quarterback on the field. Period.

The commentators on the post game report agree with you!!

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The commentators on the post game report agree with you!! cause the sports media is ALWAYS right.....and USC is the greatest team EVER....because ESPN told me so. :D

Sorry...couldn't resist. Romo still doesn't have my confidence. We'll see this year if he can finally get over the hump.....but honestly....where was the "pressure" situation tonight that he's so notorious for folding under? I just didn't see that this was a "huge" or "big" game. Not yet anyway.

Bull's-eye
11-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Romo had a god game, but he did miss a wide open Jason Witten for a easy TD. The INT also cost Dallas some points. Good win for the Cowboys! :)

Ranger Mom
11-09-2009, 12:05 AM
cause the sports media is ALWAYS right.....and USC is the greatest team EVER....because ESPN told me so. :D

Sorry...couldn't resist. Romo still doesn't have my confidence. We'll see this year if he can finally get over the hump.....but honestly....where was the "pressure" situation tonight that he's so notorious for folding under? I just didn't see that this was a "huge" or "big" game. Not yet anyway.

I never said they were right or wrong...I just simply stated that they agreed with what crzy was saying!!!:D

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I never said they were right or wrong...I just simply stated that they agreed with what crzy was saying!!!:D Whatever....Romo Lover!!!

I'M KIDDING!!!! :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-09-2009, 12:08 AM
cause the sports media is ALWAYS right.....and USC is the greatest team EVER....because ESPN told me so. :D

\

WHAT???? Are their different versions of ESPN because my ESPN told me that the Florida Gators, were the best team ever and Tim Tebow was perhaps the messiah

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 12:09 AM
WHAT???? Are their different versions of ESPN because my ESPN told me that the Florida Gators, were the best team ever and Tim Tebow was perhaps the messiah LIES!!!! :D

95mustang
11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Romo had a god game, but he did miss a wide open Jason Witten for a easy TD. The INT also cost Dallas some points. Good win for the Cowboys! :)

One INT in the last 4 games. I will take those stats any day.

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2009, 01:12 AM
where was the "pressure" situation tonight that he's so notorious for folding under? I just didn't see that this was a "huge" or "big" game. Not yet anyway.

I think the TD drive that put them ahead was a pressure situation.

This was a pretty huge game. They now even their NFC East record to 1-1, now a game up on Eagles and 2.5 on Giants. So while this game was not a loser is in huge trouble game, it did give Dallas a HUGE amount of breathing space

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Okay, I have stated on the record that I think Romo will never be the QB to lead the team to playoff success and that he cannot win the big one.

I will say this about last nights game... It was a big one for Dallas. Romo played very, very well. And his comments after the game were even more impressive to me... i.e. the whole "we won, but we have to get better", "need to correct the problems", etc.

He has his hat turned around, he is trying to balance the pocket passing with gunslinging, and is not turning the ball over. Much improved from last season and is the right path.

NOW... if he continues this through December then I will get back on his bandwagon. Win a playoff game? Heck, I might just become a fan of the guy again.

GrTigers6
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Romo had a god game, but he did miss a wide open Jason Witten for a easy TD. The INT also cost Dallas some points. Good win for the Cowboys! :) Thats because he couldn't see thru the 7ft lineman in his face :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I will never understand the Romo Haters.... Last time I checked it took a TEAM to win a playoff. And in all the Games The TEAM played in the playoffs there were plenty of reasons other than the QB. Most of all the Coaches were out coached. I will give Romo a tip of the hat right now. If the coaches coach like they did last night and the defense plays like that the team has a real shot. It should never come down to your QB alone nor is it his fault alone when they lose.

crzyjournalist03
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Thats because he couldn't see thru the 7ft lineman in his face :D

yeah...when they showed the replays, I didn't think there was much Romo could do...Sure Witten was wide open, but Romo never had a chance to get him the ball, even if he had seen it.

Old Tiger
11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll wait till December/playoff time(if they make it) to decide on Romo and his choking but as of now he's a choke artist.

Bull's-eye
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't think Romo ever looked at Witten. I have followed Romo since he has been with the Cowboys, one problem that I have seen is him not seeing the whole field. What is ironic, he usually locks in on Witten and misses another receiver. In the Denver game, replays showed he missed a wide open Williams for what of been the winning score. I'll have to check the replay, but it looked like he could of easily got the ball to Witten. The INT was just a poor decision, would of been better off throwing the ball away.

I have been a Cowboy fan since the 60's. Romo has lots of talent, but he hasn't proved he can win the big games. This is a start and I hope he continues his winning ways.

:)

Macarthur
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
The vast majority of the Romo bashing has been completely irrational.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2009, 06:22 PM
i had somebody just ask me who was the QB before Romo and i'm getting a blank and he said nobody can remember when ask that question :thinking:

coach
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
drew bledsoe

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The vast majority of the Romo bashing has been completely irrational.

Mac, now there is something you and I can completely agree on.

A friend of mine was absolutely miserable after the Denver game(calling Romo names and all). He saw that I was upbeat and asked why? I told him I don't have the unrealistic expectations that he has about the Cowboys. Winning is icing on the cake.