PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Loboes

WTF-82
11-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Great accomplishment for the Lobo Football program! Fresh, JV and Varsity all go undefeated in the regular season 30-0 and JV has winning streak that goes back 3 years great job Loboes!!!

Loboes continue there quest for second state title these kids work very very hard and its gonna be really hard to knock them out. They have overcome many injuries and transfers 3 key starters out for the year #3 receiver acl,Titus neck inj, Aranda RB Acl. One receiver leaves prog early in season. 2 transfers to San Angelo Central and 1 soph to the Permian program and he became the first Dlineman to start at Mojo ever as as a soph.
But the Loboes continue to step up great Soph RB steps up a great Junior QB steps Up, Junior starting LB steps up at receiver. Incredible job cant say enough about, Coach Owens and the coaching staff and how our kids the program and community trust in them to lead our school and program. Our kids are not the fastest or most talented but let me tell you something they are FOOTBALL PLAYERS ! Cant wait to watch them in the Playoffs.

Go LOBOES !!!!

hispanictitanic
11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Great accomplishment for the Lobo Football program! Fresh, JV and Varsity all go undefeated in the regular season 30-0 and JV has winning streak that goes back 3 years great job Loboes!!!

Loboes continue there quest for second state title these kids work very very hard and its gonna be really hard to knock them out. They have overcome many injuries and transfers 3 key starters out for the year #3 receiver acl,Titus neck inj, Aranda RB Acl. One receiver leaves prog early in season. 2 transfers to San Angelo Central and 1 soph to the Permian program and he became the first Dlineman to start at Mojo ever as as a soph.
But the Loboes continue to step up great Soph RB steps up a great Junior QB steps Up, Junior starting LB steps up at receiver. Incredible job cant say enough about, Coach Owens and the coaching staff and how our kids the program and community trust in them to lead our school and program. Our kids are not the fastest or most talented but let me tell you something they are FOOTBALL PLAYERS ! Cant wait to watch them in the Playoffs.

Go LOBOES !!!!
The Monahans Loboes are gonna be making a big splash in the playoffs this year and many more to come. So much talent coming up the next few years. Great football program in Monahans!

boynoles
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
something to ponder last year on the 7th grade we have two kids on the sprint relay run an 11.3 and 11.6 in the 100 meters. Both are running backs in the 8th grade now and real good. And I'm betting their faster this year.

WTF-82
11-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by boynoles
something to ponder last year on the 7th grade we have two kids on the sprint relay run an 11.3 and 11.6 in the 100 meters. Both are running backs in the 8th grade now and real good. And I'm betting their faster this year.

WOW!!!!

WTF-82
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Throw out the records.

Toss out the fact that Monahans is ranked No. 4 in Class 3A, that Monahans pasted Pecos 57-7 in a regular-season matchup on Sept. 18, that Pecos has only knocked off the Loboes once in the last 24 meetings between the two teams.

Monahans is expecting a fight at 7:30 tonight at Ratliff Stadium in a Class 3A Division II bi-district playoff.

“This has always been a big rivalry,” Loboes head coach Mickey Owens said. “If it’s softball, baseball, anything really, it’s a rivalry between these two schools.”

Through the last two and a half decades, the rivalry has been a little lopsided.

But back before the Loboes dominance began in 1983, Pecos knocked off Monahans in district play four out of six times between 1977 and 1982.

Ever since then, though, Monahans (10-0) has dominated its former district opponent. And nothing breeds animosity in a rivalry quite like a bully. Just ask the folks at Odessa High and Permian.

“From our standpoint, it’s hard to call this a rivalry, because it’s been a while since we had any success,” Pecos head coach Chris Henson said. “We shouldn’t have to do much to get them fired up.”

On paper, on the stat sheet and on the Internet, Monahans should be the clear favorite in the first-ever playoff matchup between the two rivals.

“We found a website that has a bunch of Monahans people saying it’s embarrassing that we’re in the playoffs,” Eagles free safety Ariel Salgado said. “When they put it on us this time, we’re going to come back stronger.”

But Pecos (5-5) isn’t about to believe that the first meeting between the two teams — the Loboes led 43-7 at halftime — is indicative of the team the Eagles have this season.

Mainly because the Eagles were playing short-handed the first time they met Monahans this season.

“When we played them the first time, we had six starters out, and we lost a seventh to a concussion during the game,” Henson said. “And our kids know we didn’t play to our caliber against Monahans.”

For the first time this season, Pecos is nearly injury-free. Strongside linebacker Larry Sparkman, the team’s second-leading tackler, will be back after a week on the sideline to help defend against a Monahans rushing attack that averages 295.3 yards per game.

Picking up yards against the Loboes’ defense might be the tougher task. Through 10 games, Monahans is only giving up 155.9 yards and 8.1 points per game.

And it all starts with the defensive line, led by defensive end Trevor Owens, the player Pecos coaches fear most on the Monahans defense.

“Trevor is everywhere,” Henson said. “Even if you find a scheme to get him blocked, he’ll be there anyway. And you can throw a screen to the other side of the field, but he’ll find a way to make the play.”

Trying to double-team Owens, an All-State selection a year ago, leaves the rest of the Loboes line unblocked.

Good luck handling Kevin Coldewey, Shaq Smith or Stetson Standish. Owens is the smallest member of the Monahans defensive line.

“At first this year, teams liked to double and triple-team me a lot,” Owens said. “But then everybody found out that there’s no standout player on this year’s defense.”

Time to renew the rivalry.

>> MONAHANS LOBOES VS. PECOS EAGLES

CLASS 3A DIVISION II BI-DISTRICT PLAYOFF

Time, date, place: 7:30 tonight, Ratliff Stadium.

Head coaches: Monahans, Mickey Owens; Pecos, Chris Henson.

Districts: Monahans, District 3-3A; Pecos, District 4-3A.

Records: Monahans, 10-0; Pecos, 5-5.

Next opponent: Winner of Graham-Borger.

Last week: Monahans 42, Greenwood 0; Clint 35, Pecos 13.

Playoff appearances: Monahans, 28; Pecos 9.

Last playoff appearance: Monahans, 2008; Pecos 2008.

Deepest advancement: Monahans, finals (1948, Monahans 14, New Braunfels 0); Pecos, semifinals (1975, Ennis 17-12).

Previous playoff meetings: Have never met.

Monahans leaders: Wade Roark is 29-for-45 for 478 yards, 7 touchdowns, 0 interceptions. Colby Denton has 1,255 rushing yards and 24 touchdowns on 159 carries. Ricky Robledo has 117 tackles.

Pecos leaders: Dominique Bejarana is 52-for-93 for 648 yards, 7 touchdowns, 8 interceptions. Omar Medina has 623 rushing yards and six touchdowns on 85 carries. Ariel Salgado has 84 tackles.

Radio: KKCM-AM (1330); KPTX-FM (98.3).

Web: www.98xfm.com.

Notes: Monahans starting quarterback Quincy Titus suffered a season-ending neck injury against Andrews on Oct. 17. In three starts since the injury, backup Wade Roark has completed 18-of-29 passes for 330 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions. “We’ve known what Wade can do since last year,” Mickey Owens said. “And it helped that the team had confidence in him.” … Responding to the loss of Titus’ rushing yards, sophomore tailback Byron Scharf has scored eight touchdowns in the team’s final three games. … Other than the injury to Titus, Monahans enters the playoffs healthy. … Pecos defensive lineman Mark Martinez and offensive lineman Alonzo Villalobos are both game-time decisions. … Strongside linebacker Larry Sparkman is back after missing the season finale with a concussion. … Salgado, a receiver at the beginning of the season, has been moved to fullback to deal with injuries to the Eagles’ first two options. … Defensive end Jake Varela has keyed the Pecos defensive line this season.

Budman007
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
You boys might want to tap the brakes just a little?

GO BULLS!

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
You boys might want to tap the brakes just a little?

GO BULLS!

NAH, they are worse than you guys were last year:p

M-town lobo fan
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah but our worse this year is better than your best this year.LOL Daddy since you gonna be home Friday night not watching a football game can you keep us fans from Monahans & Bridgeport posted on some score.

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Yeah but our worse this year is better than your best this year.LOL Daddy since you gonna be home Friday night not watching a football game can you keep us fans from Monahans & Bridgeport posted on some score.

I didn't mean on the field you idiot.

You don't have a game friday either, update yourself.

tex_male
11-12-2009, 12:32 PM
How about I just give you list of all the players names so that you can just go down it and say non of them are any good! That would help make your job easier!

Daddy D 11
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
How about I just give you list of all the players names so that you can just go down it and say non of them are any good! That would help make your job easier!

What are you talking about?:rolleyes: :thinking:

When I said Monahans is worse than Bridgeport was last year I meant in terms of it's poster naivety.

garciap77
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I didn't mean on the field you idiot.

You don't have a game friday either, update yourself.

:D

garciap77
11-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
What are you talking about?:rolleyes: :thinking:

When I said Monahans is worse than Bridgeport was last year I meant in terms of it's poster naivety.

Are you still in college?:D

;)