PDA

View Full Version : van alstyne vs. celina bobcats

utbound
11-08-2009, 04:02 PM
van alstyne (10-0) vs celina bobcats (6-4)

utbound
11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
does anyone know anything about van alstyne?

alaskacat
11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
other than Celina traditionally stomps on them pretty bad no.:)

BobcatBenny
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I remember last year's first round game was not a gimme and the game was closer than the scoreboard probably indicated.

Then, Celina has not faired well against undefeated teams this season.

I think this game will be interesting. Buckle 'em up Bobcats. I am not ready for Celina's High School Football season to be over. :)

Keith7
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
VA by 30

ctown
11-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
VA by 30

Ah good ole KEEFUS NO-TEEFUS. He's the itchy scab you want to scratch but it just keeps putting out more ooze... Alas he has no team to cheer because his is sittin at home.

BobcatBenny
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
VA by 30
Was that your article in the Courier on the Woodlands Cross Country teams?

I know Juris Green ... he was a punk kid hanging around the track when I was in High School at McCullough.

Anyway ... they have quite a tradition going on down there with their runners ... you should see if they are still having their cross country banquet and do a story about it.

orange machine
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
If Celina plays a full 4 quarters of football they will beat VA bad, but if they play only 2 quarters like they have all year it should be very close. I have seen VA once this year and offense they will throw 2 or 3 bombs then run then they throw 2 or 3 more bombs then run.

orange machine
11-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Who is the home team?

Keith7
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I know Juris Green ... he was a punk kid hanging around the track when I was in High School at McCullough.

Anyway ... they have quite a tradition going on down there with their runners ... you should see if they are still having their cross country banquet and do a story about it.

Ha ya if it was a cross country article in the Courier, I'm sure it was mine.. They really do have a good tradition of cross country at The Woodlands, both boys and girls teams.. Juris is a good guy as far as I can tell, he has been nothing but nice to me since I started and that's saying a lot because I knew absolutely NOTHING about cross country when I began this job so his patience has been nice.. It seems his dad still keeps a pretty good watch over the team, I've seen him on multiple occasions at meets.

brittkimsdad
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Van Alstyne won the toss and will be the home team.

LE Dad
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by brittkimsdad
Van Alstyne won the toss and will be the home team. :clap: Welcome to the board :D

brittkimsdad
11-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Thank you, sir! I've been a fan of the board for a long time and finally decided to contribute. Don't know if I'll be here after the alignment, as Van Alstyne is on the bubble again to move down to 2A...but until then...

brittkimsdad
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
To give an answer to UTBOUND, VA is a scrappy bunch with good leadership in their senior core. If you guys in Celina liked Dwight Smith from Carthage last year, you'll love Orion Thomas. He doesn't have the tree trunks for legs that Mr. Smith had, but I assure you that arm tackles are not bringing this kid down. Our offensive line and QB Chris Burge has been a real surprise this year. Defensively, VA is real physical. If Celina has alot of speed on the outside, that's probably where the attack from Celina will be. I think BOBCATBENNY said it best... last year should have been alot closer than it was. VA shot themselves in the foot way too many times and Celina's playoff experience took charge and sealed the deal. If VA can keeps the mistakes under control and play some defense with their offense, this could be one heck of a game.

bobcat4life
11-09-2009, 12:20 AM
After doing some research on VA, I think Celina wins it. VA just has not played anybody. Our jv could beat the teams VA played and win that putrid district. Im thinking Celina wins 41-13.

orange machine
11-09-2009, 12:46 AM
I will agree that VA's district is pretty weak, but Celina will only win 41 to 13 if Celina plays for 4 quarters.

orange machine
11-09-2009, 12:49 AM
To give an answer to UTBOUND, VA is a scrappy bunch with good leadership in their senior core. If you guys in Celina liked Dwight Smith from Carthage last year, you'll love Orion Thomas. He doesn't have the tree trunks for legs that Mr. Smith had, but I assure you that arm tackles are not bringing this kid down. Our offensive line and QB Chris Burge has been a real surprise this year. Defensively, VA is real physical. If Celina has alot of speed on the outside, that's probably where the attack from Celina will be. I think BOBCATBENNY said it best... last year should have been alot closer than it was. VA shot themselves in the foot way too many times and Celina's playoff experience took charge and sealed the deal. If VA can keeps the mistakes under control and play some defense with their offense, this could be one heck of a game.

Orion Thomas is not anywhere close to what Dwight Smith was, that was a awful comaprison. If the Thomas kid was VA would have killed everybody they have played.

brittkimsdad
11-09-2009, 01:08 AM
OK, we'll just have to wait and see on Friday. I'll let Mr. Thomas speak for himself with his play.

orange machine
11-09-2009, 01:12 AM
OK, we'll just have to wait and see on Friday. I'll let Mr. Thomas speak for himself with his play.

I have seen him play this year and he is not even in the same league as Smith. Im not trying to bash the kid, but Smith was one of the best High school runningbacks i have seen.

brittkimsdad
11-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Well, one man does not a team make. I Tivo'd the Celina-Carthage game last year and played it back many times looking at Smith's offensive supporting cast. Carthage's offensive line was very well coached and blew some holes in the Celina defense that alot of good backs would have been very successful with. And assuming that he had that type of support most of that year, I would expect a great back like Smith to rack up the yardage. If you look at that long 90-yard run he had, (right up Celina's gut) at Texas Stadium, the blocking on that play was incredible. You could have driven 3 Mack Trucks through that hole. And once he turned on the jets, it was over.

And no, Thomas doesn't have the 4.4 speed that Smith had, and I'm not trying to put him in the same category. I guess I did a poor job of trying to say that he should be an impact player similar to what Smith was. Thomas can hit the holes quickly and is very difficult to bring down. That is something VA hasn't had in years.

Hey, at this point, VA would be thrilled with a close game vs. Celina. We don't have any delusions of grandeur that we're going to run over any team in the playoffs. We're just thrilled that we won district over a couple of schools that are over twice our size, beat a pretty good Farmersville team, and found a way to win in the pig slop in a few of those games.

We're just hoping that we bring a game to Celina that doesn't match what happened last year.

turbostud
11-09-2009, 08:29 AM

I remember watching Eric Henry(McCullough) vs. Ruben Reyna(S.A Jay) go at it in Cross Country and Track in the late 80's. Two great long distance runners.

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Well, one man does not a team make. I Tivo'd the Celina-Carthage game last year and played it back many times looking at Smith's offensive supporting cast. Carthage's offensive line was very well coached and blew some holes in the Celina defense that alot of good backs would have been very successful with. And assuming that he had that type of support most of that year, I would expect a great back like Smith to rack up the yardage. If you look at that long 90-yard run he had, (right up Celina's gut) at Texas Stadium, the blocking on that play was incredible. You could have driven 3 Mack Trucks through that hole. And once he turned on the jets, it was over.

And no, Thomas doesn't have the 4.4 speed that Smith had, and I'm not trying to put him in the same category. I guess I did a poor job of trying to say that he should be an impact player similar to what Smith was. Thomas can hit the holes quickly and is very difficult to bring down. That is something VA hasn't had in years.

Hey, at this point, VA would be thrilled with a close game vs. Celina. We don't have any delusions of grandeur that we're going to run over any team in the playoffs. We're just thrilled that we won district over a couple of schools that are over twice our size, beat a pretty good Farmersville team, and found a way to win in the pig slop in a few of those games.

We're just hoping that we bring a game to Celina that doesn't match what happened last year.

Pigslop is a good call on some of those fields. I have seen hog pens better in some cases.

bowleghorses
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Celina by 17 ,just my opinion.:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
The 4 losses we have had have been against superior speed and excellent defenses. Van Alstyne is a good team but they are not fast compared to Daingerfield or TCA, and defensively Prosper and ARgyle are very very good.

Twirling Time
11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I just don't think Celina has the fire in the belly this year. Something is missing. They're young, which is one explanation, and they miss the leadership McCartney and Waldrep gave them last year. They'll be better next year (even without Lavey, who's a stud) and when that eighth grade class hits varsity they'll be dang good.

But I think VA wins this one in a close battle. I doubt not a bit this will be a great game. VA is 10-0 for the first time in school history. And they have beaten Celina before. You have to go back to 1930, 1949, 1960, 1961, 1966, 1983, 1986, 1991 and 1992 (playoffs), but still.

Sittin & Fishin
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Celina needs to be careful. Any team, like VA, that is undefeated is apparently doing something right.

There is no doubt that Celina has played a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH tougher schedule than VA. But, we also have the dings and bruises to show for it. VA will be very hungry to get a win over Celina and make up for a lot of the past losses such as last year when VA thought they were much better than a 7-3 Celina team and got beat rather badly.

However, if Celina plays their game and executes, they should handle VA. It should be a tough game.

Any kids from the VA JV that will be pulled up and be of any service?

Old Tiger
11-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I've been saying all year that Celina will be one and done and I'll stick with that.

marler1972
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I just don't think Celina has the fire in the belly this year. Something is missing. They're young, which is one explanation, and they miss the leadership McCartney and Waldrep gave them last year. They'll be better next year (even without Lavey, who's a stud) and when that eighth grade class hits varsity they'll be dang good.

But I think VA wins this one in a close battle. I doubt not a bit this will be a great game. VA is 10-0 for the first time in school history. And they have beaten Celina before. You have to go back to 1930, 1949, 1960, 1961, 1966, 1983, 1986, 1991 and 1992 (playoffs), but still.

I think you mean the 7th grade class.

OrangeChamps
11-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Celina will not have a gimme game the rest of this season. If they come out and play like have in every big game this year (other than Whitehouse), VA wins the game. Until we find/use some offensive weapons and our defense fills the holes for 4 whole quarters, this team can be beat by anybody left in the playoffs. Injuries have hurt us, but our attitude on the field and in the stands has killed us.

With that being said, I still honestly believe this team has the kids and the heart to make a good run. I just hope our Seniors figure out that the leadership from last years team graduated, then step up and be leaders before it's too late!

NOW'S THE TIME!!

firstdown
11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
NOTICE TO ALL CELINA IS GOOD.

I don't know what else to say. For one half they on Friday they gave us all we could handle. It is the first defense I have seen this year that actually gave us some problems. Celina folks get off the ledge your team is good and I suspect and hope that there is a rematch in our near future.

* Note to Van Alstyne it's hard to win if you can't score.

Celina represents 9-3A and rolls on by 3 TD's in part of what is going to be a clean sweep of 10-3A.

Sittin & Fishin
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by firstdown
[B]NOTICE TO ALL CELINA IS GOOD.

I don't know what else to say. For one half they on Friday they gave us all we could handle. It is the first defense I have seen this year that actually gave us some problems. Celina folks get off the ledge your team is good and I suspect and hope that there is a rematch in our near future.

I think there is a lot of truth in this quote. When you think about it, Celina has had a very strange summer and season.

7 on 7 State Champions for third time

(1-0) Celina beat a bad Ferris team on a stormy and weather delayed night. 1-0

(1-1) Celina lost to a VERY GOOD Trinity Christian team that was undefeated until this week when they lost to last years TAPP State Champion Ft. Worth Nolan. Johnny Catalano is a serious stud who is headed to D1 school and he simply broke long runs all night. Still Celina had a chance to win in the last minute of the game. It is interesting to note that TCA has a larger student body enrollment than Celina. Was Celina looking past this game to a rematch with Dangerfiled?

(1-2) Celina loses to Dangerfiled on a very stormy and rainsoaked night. In a driving thunderstorm, Celina gave up a few long runs on busted plays. Cody Worrell (QB) gets injured and Garrett Stephenson has to try to come in and pass in muddy conditions. Disappointing loss.

(2-2) Celina beats 4A Ft. Worth Arlington Heights in another sloppy field game. Celina defense plays poor on pass D as it gives up 187 yards in receptions on 7 catches by one wide reciever alone.

(3-2) Celina plays usual 4A powerhouse Whitehouse in Celina's first home game of the season. Celina gets revenge for last years heart breaking loss as they completely dominate Whitehouse. Celina even passes for more yards than pass happy Whitehouse.

(4-2) Celina beats Sanger in first district game of the year. Solid offensive performance. D plays ok wih exception of a few big pass pays.

(4-3) Celina plays Prosper. Jumps out to quick lead. Prosper whittles away with a couple long TD runs. Celina loses Argomonte, best cover defensive back to torn ACL early in game. Tied at half 14-14. Start of 4th quarter the score is 21-14 Prosper. Prosper fumbles and Celina defender falls on ball. But, ball squirts out and is recovered by Prosper. Next play, Prosper breaks a 60+ yards TD run up the middle for 28-14 lead. Stephenson (QB) gets hurt and has to leave game. Next Celina possession, Prosper intercepts pass and runs it back to Celina 10. Then FG makes it 31-14. Next possession, Celina driving and fumbles on Prosper 15 yrd line. Prosper picks up fumble and runs 85 yards for TD. Game ends looking like a blowout 38-14.

(5-3) Celina, still hung over from Prosper loss, plays Gainesville in a terribly boring game on a muddy field. Turns into blow out win for Celina. Celina loses Perez, stellar LB abd defensive back, for remainder of season.

(6-3) Celina plays Whitesboro in final home game of season. Blowout game but Celina still gives up some big runs which is a cause for concern.

(6-4) Celina plays undefeated Argyle team. Argyle kicks off out of endzone. First play for Celina, ball snapped over QB head into endzone. Recovered by Argyle, score 7-0 with only 12 seconds run off the clock. Next Celina possession, interception. Argyle FG makes it 10-0 still early in 1st quarter. Celina comes back and scores but misses PAT. 10-6 score at half. Third quarter, Argyle has wind at back and continually pins Celina deep in own territory. Celina can't punt into wind far enugh to scoot Argyle back. Argyles blows it open in 3rd quarter. Final score of 31-14 not indicative of quality of game Celina played. Three things hurt Celina in this game: (1) 3rd quarter killed them going into wind. (2) Kicking game of Argyle kept Celina backed up all night (3) Celina 7-20 passing with 2 interceptions.

Of Celina's four losses:
-one to TCA who was ranked #1 all year until losing this week. They should be a favorite to play in State Championship this year

-one was to Dangerfield (defending 2A state champion and anticipated 2a Champion again) on a rainsoaked night with starting QB going down

-one to defending State 3A Division II champion Prosper, who should go far in playoffs this year as well

-one to undefeated and very strong Argyle team who is highly ranked and should go far in playoffs as well.

Celina has played a very tough schedule and has been in every game it lost up until the 4th qrtr. These are not excuses and these four losses are in no way acceptable to players, coaches and fans in Celina. But people need to rememeber that this is still a very good team, and as players return from injury, should be strong in the playoffs.

I hope we get another shot at Argyle. It would be great fun.

CELINA PLAYERS AND FANS - KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND ROOT FOR THE BOYS. THEY NEED THE FAN SUPPORT NOW MORE THAN EVER. Let's see what kind of rabbits they can pull out of their hats now that they are in the playoffs, which was really the primary goal of the season anyway.

OrangeChamps
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Good Post. You make a good analysis of our games, but more important than anything else is that the boys need LEADERSHIP & SUPPORT!! They need to know that every person in Celina is cheering and pulling for them regardless of the record, or whose hurt, or whose the QB, LB, WR, RB, CB...whatever!

This team didn't win a 7-on-7 championship beating Graham, Brownwood, and Abilene Wylie by getting lucky. They have the heart and ability to compete with anyone in 3A, but need some LEADERSHIP RIGHT NOW. This team needs someone or several people to step up and tell the team that they don't care about what's happened in the past. They don't care who they've beat or lost to. All that matters is the next game, and no matter what they are going to WIN that game.

Let's have some ATTITUDE like we did against Liberty Hill last year. That team and those fans are still there, buried, waiting to be unleashed! So let's show up Friday night in Little Elm and release that ATTITUDE!!

Sittin & Fishin
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Good Post. You make a good analysis of our games, but more important than anything else is that the boys need LEADERSHIP & SUPPORT!! They need to know that every person in Celina is cheering and pulling for them regardless of the record, or whose hurt, or whose the QB, LB, WR, RB, CB...whatever!

This team didn't win a 7-on-7 championship beating Graham, Brownwood, and Abilene Wylie by getting lucky. They have the heart and ability to compete with anyone in 3A, but need some LEADERSHIP RIGHT NOW. This team needs someone or several people to step up and tell the team that they don't care about what's happened in the past. They don't care who they've beat or lost to. All that matters is the next game, and no matter what they are going to WIN that game.

Let's have some ATTITUDE like we did against Liberty Hill last year. That team and those fans are still there, buried, waiting to be unleashed! So let's show up Friday night in Little Elm and release that ATTITUDE!!

I agree completely. The reason for my post is to agree with the Argyle post that "Celina is good." We tend to look only at won-loss records and draw conclusions that are often wrong or misguided. These kids need to know that they were in every game this year and for one reason or another, some of the games didn't turn out the way we wanted. It was usually just one play here or there that changed the outcome. But, they were in the games and need to learn to FINISH THE GAMES.

I have been attending Celina games for the last 15 years. I have never seen the stands as quiet as they have been this year. I certainly hope the fans will get involved and be like they were last year during the Liberty Hill game as you mentioned. The kids need the fans to be "loud and proud." As an old coach, I can tell you that the fans being loud doesn't only fire up the kids, it fires up the coaches as well. They feed off of each other. When the Celina kids and coaches are fired up, they are incredibly hard to beat.

GET LOUD CELINA FANS!

CHEER FOR OFFENSE AND DEFENSE WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING AND WHEN THEY WALK OFF THE FIELD!!!!!!!

ALWAYS BE POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!

bobcat4life
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I think you mean the 7th grade class.
He has to. The current 8th grade glass is the worst in 30 years at Celina.

ctown
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
He has to. The current 8th grade glass is the worst in 30 years at Celina.

They may not be as hopped up as the rest of the grades but come on. If they were reading this, how would that make a 12 yr old feel. Let's support ALL the Bobcats and keep the tearing down to a minimum. They might think you're the worst fan in 30 years in Celina...

bowleghorses
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm not from Celina but I have been through there several times and it seems to be a great little town with great fans. I have family in Prosper with close ties to the Eagles and follow them very closely and know that they are a great rivalry year in and out(especially lately). You Celina fans should be proud of your young team and believe in them because they played a hell of schedule.
P.S. saw the Cody Worrell interview on celinabobcast.com, he seems like a great kid. Good Luck

ssgmp5150
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I understand that the weakest part of Celina's defense is their secondary????? VA can pass the ball! So, if that is the case, I foresee at least 2-3 big pass plays possibly going for touchdowns. I understand that VA has now found a running game to compliment their passing attack. So, VA seems to be pretty well balanced on offense. Celina likes to run the ball I believe. VA's defense is susceptible to the run I believe. Celina will have to grind it out and keep it away from VA's offense. If they can't do that, then VA might run away with this one! If Celina can slow the tempo of the game down, then they win a close game. Either way, I don't see Celina winning big in this one. I think it will be a relatively close game and I think VA has the ability to pull off the upset. Kind of weird to think that a 10-0 team is an underdog to a 6-4 team????

rolltider
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ctown
They may not be as hopped up as the rest of the grades but come on. If they were reading this, how would that make a 12 yr old feel. Let's support ALL the Bobcats and keep the tearing down to a minimum. They might think you're the worst fan in 30 years in Celina...

I totally agree with you on that one. Just up the street they said the same thing about a group of kids. Funny they won state. Hey I agree anyone that would sit there and label a group of 12 year olds. Times are changing in that area maybe the level of play is changing too. Give those young ones a chance to adjust it may be coaching.

orange machine
11-09-2009, 09:53 PM
When those 8th graders get mixed in with the other kids when they get into highschool they will be fine. Honestly last years seniors there was not alot of big time talent other than Charlie and Troy. The rest of the senior class were a good supporting cast and helped alot.

orange machine
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I understand that the weakest part of Celina's defense is their secondary????? VA can pass the ball! So, if that is the case, I foresee at least 2-3 big pass plays possibly going for touchdowns. I understand that VA has now found a running game to compliment their passing attack. So, VA seems to be pretty well balanced on offense. Celina likes to run the ball I believe. VA's defense is susceptible to the run I believe. Celina will have to grind it out and keep it away from VA's offense. If they can't do that, then VA might run away with this one! If Celina can slow the tempo of the game down, then they win a close game. Either way, I don't see Celina winning big in this one. I think it will be a relatively close game and I think VA has the ability to pull off the upset. Kind of weird to think that a 10-0 team is an underdog to a 6-4 team????

Celina's secondary has played well against the pass this year. Celina problem on defense is the battle in trenches on the dline. The dline is very young with one of the starting defensive linemen being a freshman who is gonna be a animal. I was talking to his grandad a few weeks ago at one of the games and he said he is 6'5 220. He will put on alot of muscle and size this offseason and will be a big part of the defense for the next few years. As a freshman he is doing really good.

BobcatBenny
11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
... Kind of weird to think that a 10-0 team is an underdog to a 6-4 team????
You might think so, but I just checked the final regular season Massy ratings ....

And ... guess who ended up with the #1 strength of schedule this regular season?

VA strength of schedule #133. Probably too many Farmersvilles on their schedule. ;)

orange machine
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
I guess thats a little refreshing to know that you played the best teams in the state. If Celina can get back to the area round against Argyle and get players like RB Cody Sandler healty and get some of the kinks worked out i think they will have a really good shot.

BLACK ATTACK
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM

Well, I guess if you consider holding a very high power Argyle passing offense to 60 yards weak, then I guess you would be correct. Celina may be 6-4, but I would certainly compare the opponents on VA's 10-0 schedule versus theirs before I got too excited about playing them.

orange machine
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Well, I guess if you consider holding a very high power Argyle passing offense to 60 yards weak, then I guess you would be correct. Celina may be 6-4, but I would certainly compare the opponents on VA's 10-0 schedule versus theirs before I got too excited about playing them.

He has been busting Celina's footballs for the last two years for some reason.

ssgmp5150
11-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Should make for an interesting game. You will not get an argument out of me that Celina's schedule was brutal! I agree that VA has not played anyone as compared to Celina, but I do think that VA has a pretty salty football team. If they were going to beat a Celina team, this is the year to do it as I think Celina is down somewhat compared to normal. So, I am predicting an upset in the making here and Celina may be done in the 1st round. Just my humble opinion....

utbound
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Great post brittkimsdad thanks for the info!!

Farmersfan
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I would love to see an upset in this game but it won't happen. Celina is head and shoulders above VA in talent and ability. Good luck to both teams. I would go see this matchup if it were not played Friday night.

ssgmp5150
11-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I think FF is the pigskin guru there and knows everything football, but I think he has this one wrong....I think VA may very well take it to Celina. If not, I will eat all the crow on here I have coming to me as it would not be the 1st time I missed by a country mile on my predictions, but something tells me that VA may have something for the Bobcats this year!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-11-2009, 09:22 AM
I think FF is the pigskin guru there and knows everything football, but I think he has this one wrong....I think VA may very well take it to Celina. If not, I will eat all the crow on here I have coming to me as it would not be the 1st time I missed by a country mile on my predictions, but something tells me that VA may have something for the Bobcats this year!

:clap: :clap:

I see you haven't been back since the Bearcat meltdown you predicted at the Hands of G.A. and Aubrey didnt work out....Better luck with this pick.:inlove:

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

I see you haven't been back since the Bearcat meltdown you predicted at the Hands of G.A. and Aubrey didnt work out....Better luck with this pick.:inlove:

NOT..... BTW PP I knew Pilot Point would handle Aubrey. But ya gotta love the job GA has done with those boys this year.

ssgmp5150
11-11-2009, 11:01 AM
lol...Yeah I was just plain wrong on that one! Congrats to PP for dominating the snot out of Aubrey! I could be wrong here too, but I think VA will give Celina a tough game and possibly pull off the upset here.

RPF2666
11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Heard you the first half dozen times you said it!

ssgmp5150
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Upset!!! Upset!!!! Upset!!!:inlove:

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
lol...Yeah I was just plain wrong on that one! Congrats to PP for dominating the snot out of Aubrey! I could be wrong here too, but I think VA will give Celina a tough game and possibly pull off the upset here.

Only if you believe that they have really played anyone. 133 strength of schedule puts them in the bottom half of teams in 3a.
Celina has played the best and been in the games they were playing. IMHO VA would most likely finish behind Sanger in this district although Sanger VA would probably be a good game.

ssgmp5150
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Celina's SOS is definately up there...However, I didn't think VA would beat Paris and they took it to them...So we shall see I suppose....

RPF2666
11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Billy...got Paris SOS handy?

PPSTATEBOUND
11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Billy...got Paris SOS handy?

VA #178
Celina #8
Brownwood #1
Argyle #47
Prosper #81
Farmersville #135
Paris #87

RPF2666
11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks...;)

Sittin & Fishin
11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
VA #178
Celina #8
Brownwood #1
Argyle #47
Prosper #81
Farmersville #135
Paris #87

You may have opened a can of worms here ... but, do you by any chance have the SOS for Liberty Hill and Abilene Wylie. I knew Brownwood had played some tough games, but didn't realize they were #1 in SOS. That's impressive! Celina at #8 is impressive too.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
You may have opened a can of worms here ... but, do you by any chance have the SOS for Liberty Hill and Abilene Wylie. I knew Brownwood had played some tough games, but didn't realize they were #1 in SOS. That's impressive! Celina at #8 is impressive too.

No problem..all those and these are based on Power rankings of opponents not win loss records.

#79 Liberty Hill
#9 Abilene Wylie
#3 Sealy
#11 Giddings

bobcat4life
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM

VA strength of schedule #133. Probably too many Farmersvilles on their schedule. ;)
Farmersville is one of the best teams they played. No knock on Farmersville, but VA hasnt played anybody. Paris isnt that good, and people that know alot about football picked paris

Sittin & Fishin
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
What kind of seasons did VA's JV teams have. I know they played Celina Gray and beat them, but how did they do in other games?

alaskacat
11-11-2009, 10:18 PM

I think so too. A birthday present .....a loss .....and the first step for the Cats on to state!! the season stands at this moment 0-0, and all; the rest is ancient history.

RPF2666
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Can't wait to get this started...