Bull Butter
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Early 4th......

Houston 17
Indianapolis 13

Game on!

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 08:14 PM
That sucked... I wanted to close my eyes on that FG attempt but for some reason I kept them open...... yelling followed...

BRfalconfan
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That sucked... I wanted to close my eyes on that FG attempt but for some reason I kept them open...... yelling followed...

I feel your pain

ziggy29
11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
On the Moats fumble at the 2:00 warning in the first half, they were capital-s STUPID for letting the clock run down instead of running a quick play, even if just a line plunge or a QB sneak, to prevent a review. And yes, I was yelling at the TV saying that before Schaub went to the sidelines to let the warning arrive.

Terrible game management, terrible coaching, it may have cost them the game.

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
The Texans never cease to amaze me w/ their innate ability to continually find new ways to blow close games in the closing seconds.

Sometimes it's hard being a Texans fan. :(

ziggy29
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The Texans never cease to amaze me w/ their innate ability to continually find new ways to blow close games in the closing seconds.

Sometimes it's hard being a Texans fan. :(
Houston has the talent in place now, I think, to be a serious playoff team.

They need to develop a culture of winning, believing they will win and finding a way to win.

The Colts have that, the Texans don't, and it showed today. At some point, you have to develop the culture of winning. They haven't yet, and that's part of why they leave us scratching our heads about finding new ways to lose.

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Houston has the talent in place now, I think, to be a serious playoff team.

They need to develop a culture of winning, believing they will win and finding a way to win.

The Colts have that, the Texans don't, and it showed today. At some point, you have to develop the culture of winning. They haven't yet, and that's part of why they leave us scratching our heads about finding new ways to lose. I could not agree more. Well said.

Gobbla2001
11-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't think the culture of winning issue was a problem today, though... 100+ yards in penalties before the 4th qt begins while you're playing AT Indy isn't gunna cut it... the will to win was there, the 2nd half was theirs, they played like they knew how to win... they were a wide-right fg attempt away from OT (and dammit that last pass to Jones almost went the distance, one broken tackle away... was dangerous going to the middle of the field w/o TOs though)...

I also thought they should have hurried up and ran a play after the fumble, but that was really the only bad coaching that stood out today...