PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs. Navasota

navscanmaster
11-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Week 11, First round of the playoffs. They will square off for 10 days at Rattler stadium, with one Rattler team hoping to advance. Will it be the Rattler team that went 5-0 before whipping a ranked Rockdale squad and throttling Taylor? Or will it be the Rattler team that could not move the ball against Caldwell or Cameron, and squeaked by Madisonville to make a playoff appearance? These two weeks will be a big playoff game, with the winner not being known until after week 12.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Week 11, First round of the playoffs. They will square off for 10 days at Rattler stadium, with one Rattler team hoping to advance. Will it be the Rattler team that went 5-0 before whipping a ranked Rockdale squad and throttling Taylor? Or will it be the Rattler team that could not move the ball against Caldwell or Cameron, and squeaked by Madisonville to make a playoff appearance? These two weeks will be a big playoff game, with the winner not being known until after week 12.

:clap:

Im hoping that its the 5-0 Rattler team. But, I just dont know what to expect.

OldBison75
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
When this team is focused, they are as good as anybody. When they play two plays and relax two, or quarter by quarter, they are very beatable. Athletically, they have the ability to matchup with any other 3A team in the state. For some reason, the huge offensive line has been up and down since the Bellville game. The running game has also been up and down all year and this is a team that cannot depend on the legs and arm of Hildreth all the time. There are some very good running backs that are not getting the carries to share the load. Hildreth has now faced defense after defense that put a spy on him and came into the games with multiple blitz packages to put pressure in him.

This past week against Madisonville, we ran more power frmations than all year and the offensive line looked good when that formation was used. The quick passing game is very effective and if Hildreth would have been able to complete a few passes to open receivers (had a bad case of overthrows) this would have been a more convincing win. Defensively, the Rattlers have been impressive all year and that side of the ball is not gonna be what causes a loss in the playoffs. They may bend alot at times, but the tackling and pass defense have been pretty darn good all year.

I really expect that there will be alot of surprises in the game plan for the Rattlers against whoever the next opponent may be. I know Silsbee has a very athletic QBand that has seemed to be what gives the defense the most problems. On the other hand, the offense has used all kinds of formations and plays this year and there has not been a real consistent go to play except for the QB draw. However, I saw several very successful plays early in the season that have not even been run in the last four weeks. Maybe they will come back and the full playbook will spark this offense into the kind of performance we know they have in them.

There will be no easy games in this Region and every week will require a huge performance. I think the Division 1 bracket for Region 3 will be the toughest in the state and the State Champion will come from this Region.

LE Dad
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL
:D

I am still not sure if this Bye week is a good thing or not?
Scouting opponets YES
Resting injured players YES
Preparation YES

Focus ??
Execution ??

I guess it doesn't matter if it is good or bad thing. It is what the UIL blessed the Rattlers and Leopards with and we will see how it goes

:confused: