Milk That Cow
11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
The Report Card

Four Goals

1 - BEAT Rockdale and Keep The Bell

2 - Make the Playoffs

3 - Win the District Championship

4 - Win the State Championship

Simple and Straightforward for a Team that has all that Tradition of Winning and is Top Five in all of Class 3A in Wins...

Here's my feedback on the 2009 Season...

1 - Lost to Rockdale by Three Touchdowns. The Biggest Game of the Year, and probably played the poorest. It's Your Rival Game. It's the One Game That's Got To Matter. Coaches and Players seemed like they didn't show up...

2 - You've just got to make the Playoffs in this era with Three Teams Qualifying. Look at your history and making the playoffs in Cameron is like getting wet while walking in the rain.

It just happens. (or it used to happen)

3 - Fifth Place in a Seven Team District. (enough said)

4 - That had always been the goal each year out, but I don't know if that's still the case.

So, with that the Yoe go 0 for 4.

And the Season was a Failure.

Now, if you want to count moral victories, and say the last two ballgames, the Yoe was coming around and beat Navasota and played Caldwell close, you can....

But, with all of that tradition, I would be embarrassed to claim any kind of moral victories when you don't meet any of those four straight-forward goals...

but, that's just my humble opinion...

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
The Report Card

Four Goals

2 - Make the Playoffs

Simple and Straightforward for a Team that has all that Tradition of Winning and is Top Five in all of Class 3A in Wins...

1 - Lost to Rockdale by Three Touchdowns. The Biggest Game of the Year, and probably played the poorest. It's Your Rival Game. It's the One Game That's Got To Matter. Coaches and Players seemed like they didn't show up...

2 - You've just got to make the Playoffs in this era with Three Teams Qualifying. Look at your history and making the playoffs in Cameron is like getting wet while walking in the rain.

4 - That had always been the goal each year out, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Now, if you want to count moral victories, and say the last two ballgames, the Yoe was coming around and beat Navasota and played Caldwell close, you can....

But, with all of that tradition, I would be embarrassed to claim any kind of moral victories when you don't meet any of those four straight-forward goals...

The season was a failure. In cameron we do not want to be in the playoffs, we are expected to be in the playoffs. We were not ready for the BOTB and it showed (coaches and players). You could say if we played like we did in the last 2 games we would be in the playoffs, but that did not happen and we have to move on. I dont think anyone can take many moral victories out of this season. We have to look forward to a very good season next year (either in 2a or 3a).

cameronyoe
11-08-2009, 01:31 AM
The Report Card

Four Goals

2 - Make the Playoffs

ok let me go ahead and tell you how and why your wrong right here.
First of all, this looks like more of a goal sheet that Rockdale would make, because there one and only goal every season is to beat cameron and that is always top of their list.
Second, I was informed by a player that the new coach actually had the team come up with goals at the first of the season and none of them ever had Rockdale in it.
So your once again wrong.
Third if you think this season for the cameron yoemen was a complete failure then you most likely didnt watch a whole lot of cameron yoemen football this year.
Yes they were expected to do alot, but it is hard with a first year new coach.
I think if you watched you could tell that the new coach got them to play together as a team there towards the end of the season which resulted in some success.
It is the first time i have seen the Yoemen play together as a team other than a bunch of individual efforts since the long playoff run where they lost to Hutto.
If the coach gets these kids to keep playing together next year, I would say watch out whether it be 2a or 3a.
The new coach had his one year to settle in.
Next year will be heck to pay for anyone who plays the Cameron Yoemen.
Therefore i wouldnt call this season a complete failure.
And if you still do, that just tells me that you didnt watch every game this year like I did.

Rabid Cougar
11-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by cameronyoe
First of all, this looks like more of a goal sheet that Rockdale would make, because there one and only goal every season is to beat cameron and that is always top of their list.
Second, I was informed by a player that the new coach actually had the team come up with goals at the first of the season and none of them ever had Rockdale in it.
Third if you think this season for the cameron yoemen was a complete failure then you most likely didnt watch a whole lot of cameron yoemen football this year.
I think if you watched you could tell that the new coach got them to play together as a team there towards the end of the season which resulted in some success.
It is the first time i have seen the Yoemen play together as a team other than a bunch of individual efforts since the long playoff run where they lost to Hutto.
If the coach gets these kids to keep playing together next year, I would say watch out whether it be 2a or 3a.
And if you still do, that just tells me that you didnt watch every game this year like I did.

I have a two word response to all this stuff about first year coaches........

Toby York

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 11:58 AM

The season was not a TOTAL failure but it was a failure. Of course the coach needs a year to settle in and get things set, but things really did not work out this year. Sure we had some moments when we came around and started playing, but in the end we did not make the playoffs. I am sure that we will keep playing players both ways next year which is when we started playing a lot better this year. The coaching adjustment should be done and we will start playing like we know we should play.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't say "failure." That's a knock on the kids IMO. If anything, they didn't live up to all expectations but the silver lining would be that there were definately flashes of greatness in them, they played their hearts out even when most counted them out (beating Navasota AT Navasota, almost beating Caldwell) and from what I heard, they only lose one starter on defense and have several coming back on offense. Again, not a stellar season, but calling them failures seems a bit harsh.

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
I wouldn't say "failure." That's a knock on the kids IMO. If anything, they didn't live up to all expectations but the silver lining would be that there were definately flashes of greatness in them, they played their hearts out even when most counted them out (beating Navasota AT Navasota, almost beating Caldwell) and from what I heard, they only lose one starter on defense and have several coming back on offense. Again, not a stellar season, but calling them failures seems a bit harsh.

I can understand what you are saying. The season really did not work out this year and maybe calling it disappointing would be more appropriate. There is really no reason to make excuses about how a new coach comes in because I know the senior class had high expectations this year. Everyone knows what was wanting to be accomplished and I am sure everyone is disappointed. As for the defense next year, I expect them to be really improved. The biggest question going into next has to be the QB.

Old Tiger
11-08-2009, 03:13 PM
The Report Card

S Um...Rockdale dominated Cameron in the second half and was just the better team.

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
At that time Rockdale was the better team

Coach BS
11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
At that time Rockdale was the better team and the yoe are playing B-Ball

Old Cardinal
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Last I heard Cameron was dropping to 2A, is this still probable?

If so, they will maybe win State in Softball and Volleyball and surely make the playoffs in Baseball and Football...

cameronyoe
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I can understand what you are saying. The season really did not work out this year and maybe calling it disappointing would be more appropriate. There is really no reason to make excuses about how a new coach comes in because I know the senior class had high expectations this year. Everyone knows what was wanting to be accomplished and I am sure everyone is disappointed. As for the defense next year, I expect them to be really improved. The biggest question going into next has to be the QB.

QB will be a big question. Most likely daddy will play son just because that is how it usually works. But I have seen the other kid (Morgan) play several times last year and when he was younger. IMO he would be the best choice. Especially considering that he was the backup last year and saw playing time. He will not back down from anything, including contact, and is willing to accept any challenge. If Rhoades plays his son, which more than likely he will, I believe he should let Morgan take some snaps to, as he let his son this year. It will be interesting

Old Tiger
11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
QB will be a big question. Most likely daddy will play son just because that is how it usually works. But I have seen the other kid (Morgan) play several times last year and when he was younger. IMO he would be the best choice. Especially considering that he was the backup last year and saw playing time. He will not back down from anything, including contact, and is willing to accept any challenge. If Rhoades plays his son, which more than likely he will, I believe he should let Morgan take some snaps to, as he let his son this year. It will be interesting Morgan kid should play QB....his son is better receiver than QB.

Yoe's biggest problem this year IMO was Townsend not recognizing the blitz and cameron not attacking that blitzing area

tigerfan09
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Toby York

All these young whippersnappers don't know a thing about Toby York.

Rabid...tell everyone about "PERIBALLO"...

Milk That Cow
11-08-2009, 10:22 PM
It seems like all these whippersnappers don't know much about Cameron's tradition as well...

No Bell/Playoffs/District Championship and they feel I'm being harsh in calling the Season a Failure...

I don't put it all on the Players, as I've said they have the Best Talent in the District...

For some reason the Coaches couldn't get the Players to perform up to their potential...

Finally, 2008 Season was better than 2009 Season...

So, Cameron Yoe regressed this year on the field and scoreboard...

RdaleBoi08
11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Rockdales #1 goal is always to make the playoffs, the battle of the bell comes either 2nd or 3rd to the district title...

yoe64
11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
All these young whippersnappers don't know a thing about Toby York.

Rabid...tell everyone about "PERIBALLO"...

Peraballo was greek for "attack from all sides" which is what the '81 team did.

York put it all over the club house for the kids to see.

I am too young to know about it, but I had a very reliable source. One called, "Bird Dog"

tigerfan09
11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I am still holding out hope that Randy Sapp takes back the reins of the Cameron Yoe football program one of these days............Pete Magre or Aaron Thomas as Defensive Coordinator would be a good idea too...

yoe64
11-08-2009, 11:15 PM
keep hoping.
those days are long gone..

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
QB will be a big question. Most likely daddy will play son just because that is how it usually works. But I have seen the other kid (Morgan) play several times last year and when he was younger. IMO he would be the best choice. Especially considering that he was the backup last year and saw playing time. He will not back down from anything, including contact, and is willing to accept any challenge. If Rhoades plays his son, which more than likely he will, I believe he should let Morgan take some snaps to, as he let his son this year. It will be interesting

I think I would give them both a fair chance during that start of practice next year. When Ty was the QB a few years ago the teams were winning. I know that Jack has a good arm but I havent seen him play consistent in a big game yet. He did look pretty good agaisnt Bryan Rudder but thats Bryan Rudder. In the end when you are the coaches son, I think you know who will be the QB next year. I dot also agree that Jack is really good at the WR position. I also like Ty at linebacker.

I really think that playing the players he needed to be playing both ways really improved the overall play. We looked like a totally different defense when we did that. I think that the coach wasnt trying to hurt anyones feelings, but he knows what he has to do now.

Yoe_09
11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

If so, they will maybe win State in Softball and Volleyball and surely make the playoffs in Baseball and Football...

We should be 2a next year unless the school board decides that we should stay in 3a, but I dont see that happening.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I am still holding out hope that Randy Sapp takes back the reins of the Cameron Yoe football program one of these days............Pete Magre or Aaron Thomas as Defensive Coordinator would be a good idea too...

Even if Sapp came back, (which he won't in a HC capacity) I wonder if he would have the connection w/ the kids that we had w/ him back then? I too would love to see AT in there as a DC. Give him time though, he'll get there.

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Even if Sapp came back, (which he won't in a HC capacity) I wonder if he would have the connection w/ the kids that we had w/ him back then? I too would love to see AT in there as a DC. Give him time though, he'll get there.

Sapp will not be coming back as a head coach. He left the position because of the pressure he was under and if this coach dosent work out the next coach would have a ton of pressure put on him to win. I think that our current defensive coordinator right now has the right idea and is really getting the defense to play a lot better. He will have the people he needs to have a good defesne, so next year will tell us a lot.

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 12:03 AM

IDK about defensive coordinator but he is going to be a great pitching coach for us.

cameronyoe
11-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I believe Morgan is the best choice at Quarterback. Coaches son was a little inconsistent this year in big games except for what you said about Rudder. But yea thats Rudder. We are talking about a whole season and Morgan is probably willing to accept the challenge and lead a football team. Although he wont get the spot, IMO he is more deserving of it. We will see.

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

The Volleyball and Softball teams will be good next year as well as the baseball team. I think that we could win district this year and go pretty far next year. The only thing is, we dont really have a guy that can burn a fastball by you and be dominant, but we should be able to hit.

cameron91
11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Looking back at this season , it all came down to one game.

Madisonville...if Cameron won this came..we would be in our bye Week, ready for round 2...;)

nuff said...lets move on....

Rhodes is a great fit for Cameron , he will be in Cameron until he decides to leave..

as for Sapp goes, well we all know who do THANK for him stepping down.. Big Monies East SIDE BOYS........;)

BaseballUmp
11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
As far as setting goals at the beginning of the season from all the players, and not a single one of them putting down beating rockdale and keeping the bell...thats either dead wrong or something is wrong with the players. You cant sit there and tell me not 1 player wanted to keep the bell as a goal. Atleast some seniors should have said it. Sounds pretty weird to me. So either you are telling some "untruthes" or these players had problems because im not buying that argument

Milk That Cow
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
Looking back at this season , it all came down to one game.

Madisonville...if Cameron won this came..we would be in our bye Week, ready for round 2...;)

Rhodes is a great fit for Cameron , he will be in Cameron until he decides to leave..

1 - Even if they had beat Madisonville, they would be out of the playoffs,

They lose the tiebreaker because of the Rockdale loss...

2 - The Head Coach has got to have a better campaign in 2010, because 2009 did not meet Cameron's expectations at all...

Coach BS
11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
As far as setting goals at the beginning of the season from all the players, and not a single one of them putting down beating rockdale and keeping the bell...thats either dead wrong or something is wrong with the players. You cant sit there and tell me not 1 player wanted to keep the bell as a goal. Atleast some seniors should have said it. Sounds pretty weird to me. So either you are telling some "untruthes" or these players had problems because im not buying that argument Agreed, I know a few guys on the team and believe me they wanted to beat Rockdale. I'm not sure "cameronyoe" knows what he is talking about.

yoe64
11-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Agreed, I know a few guys on the team and believe me they wanted to beat Rockdale. I'm not sure "cameronyoe" knows what he is talking about.

+1

ProudHornetMom
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Any word on Wells #5 who was injured Friday night?

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Agreed, I know a few guys on the team and believe me they wanted to beat Rockdale. I'm not sure "cameronyoe" knows what he is talking about.

If you dont have the want to beat Rockdale you do have a problem.

yoe64
11-09-2009, 10:48 PM
hey yoe_09 what exactly did you mean by "if the school board lets us"?

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
hey yoe_09 what exactly did you mean by "if the school board lets us"?

I was talking to some people in the stands (ones that do the books) and there is a way that we could stay in 3a. We can qaulify for 2a and go but if the school board gets together and votes we could stay 3a according to what they were saying, but I really dont think they would do that.

yoe64
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM
You can appeal after the UIL's official ruling, but why on god's green earth would you appeal to be in the classification ahead of you. I doubt the board appeals.

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 11:07 PM
You can appeal after the UIL's official ruling, but why on god's green earth would you appeal to be in the classification ahead of you. I doubt the board appeals.

Yeah, I really didnt understand why they were talking about, but it should not happen.

cameronyoe
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Did i ever say they didnt want to beat Rockdale? No, I dont think i ever said that. You should go back and read what i said. I said that beating Rockdale wasnt one of their top goals for the season. Their "season" goals had nothing to do with one game. Of course they wanted to win against Rockdale. It's a huge rivalry. But their season goals as a team most likely had other things to do with going unbeaten in nondistrict, winning district, making playoffs, winning state, and etc. Not having anything to do with one sole game. So in this case "Coach BS" doesnt know what he's talking about.

Yoe_09
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Weh, I feel some hostility in this thread. It really dosent matter if it was a goal or not, we jused needed go to in and beat Rockdale which is expected and we didnt. I think it personally should be a goal, but the bottom line is we didnt win and thats all that counts at this point. We currently are out of the playoffs for 2 years in a row now. We have to regroup coming into that game next year because I cant remember the last time Rockdale had the bell 2 years in a row.

Coach BS
11-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Did i ever say they didnt want to beat Rockdale? No, I dont think i ever said that. You should go back and read what i said. I said that beating Rockdale wasnt one of their top goals for the season. Their "season" goals had nothing to do with one game. Of course they wanted to win against Rockdale. It's a huge rivalry. But their season goals as a team most likely had other things to do with going unbeaten in nondistrict, winning district, making playoffs, winning state, and etc. Not having anything to do with one sole game. So in this case "Coach BS" doesnt know what he's talking about. Hey "cameronyoe" yall can have a new set of goals next year: win a 2a dist,go undefeated in 2a,win 2a state title, and beat Buckholts.Like I said I know a few of the players beating Rockdale was a goal, just like winning dist was.

c-town_balla
11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
The season was a failure just like the year before and the two years before that. When Cameron doesn't win a playoff game or a district title is not a successful season and we have had a pretty long string of that recently.

Old Tiger
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Is the talent in Cameron not as good as the previous talent? Or is the talent not as good as the people of Cameron think? From what I've seen all the Cameron kids think they're the next Billy Pittman and play selfish football and not team football. Just my $.02

yoe64
11-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Is the talent in Cameron not as good as the previous talent? Or is the talent not as good as the people of Cameron think? From what I've seen all the Cameron kids think they're the next Billy Pittman and play selfish football and not team football. Just my $.02

IMO thats the way the whole senior class played this year. Hopefully now that their out of there, we can start playing like a team again.

Yoe_09
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
IMO thats the way the whole senior class played this year. Hopefully now that their out of there, we can start playing like a team again. yeah, the senior class had a couple of i's

cameron91
11-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Toby York

But what happen to Toby York when he went to Conroe his first year. If I'm not mistaken he went to the playoffs what once out of the three or four years he was at Conroe.

yoe64
11-11-2009, 03:45 PM
York may of had a tad bit more talent also.

Yoe_09
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
In a way that was Conroe. Cameron had better players at the time he was there.

tigerfan09
11-12-2009, 11:48 AM
York had some elite players in 81 and 82...Paul Hoelscher, Oscar Riggins, Vic Powell, Jeff Boutwell, Mike Moehlman, Mariano De La Rosa, Rufus Floyd, and the list goes on. From all of the stories I have heard through the years, these guys played as a TEAM, and it didn't hurt they had a fine coaching staff led by Toby York, assisted by Eddie Dunn, Joe Oliver, Steve Gaddis, Randy Sapp, etc. These guys played some tough games against Newton, Port Isabel, etc. York may not have had the same TEAM mentality when he moved to Conroe in 1988. The 1981 team is legendary in that they came off of a couple of some real down years in Cameron Yoe football, and came together as a TEAM to win the ultimate prize in Texas high school football.

Yoe_09
11-12-2009, 12:03 PM
York had some elite players in 81 and 82...Paul Hoelscher, Oscar Riggins, Vic Powell, Jeff Boutwell, Mike Moehlman, Mariano De La Rosa, Rufus Floyd, and the list goes on. From all of the stories I have heard through the years, these guys played as a TEAM, and it didn't hurt they had a fine coaching staff led by Toby York, assisted by Eddie Dunn, Joe Oliver, Steve Gaddis, Randy Sapp, etc. These guys played some tough games against Newton, Port Isabel, etc. York may not have had the same TEAM mentality when he moved to Conroe in 1988. The 1981 team is legendary in that they came off of a couple of some real down years in Cameron Yoe football, and came together as a TEAM to win the ultimate prize in Texas high school football.

This is what we are wanting to see happen now. We now want the players to come together again and play like a team. If we can start doing that, there is no doubt the talent in the upcoming classes has the ability to win a state championship.

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
York may of had a tad bit more talent also.

'81 didn't have an "O"lineman over 200 lbs and definitly didn't have the speed as any of the teams since

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Port Isabel was not tough at all. Rosebud Lott was better than they were.

yoe64
11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
'81 didn't have an "O"lineman over 200 lbs and definitly didn't have the speed as any of the teams since

That probably worked due to the Offense we ran at the time. Its the same thing with caldwell, or it was last year. As long as you can cut and have a fast pull tackle you'll be alright on the O-Line in the Offense.

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2009, 03:49 AM
We ran the Wing T not the slot T.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-13-2009, 05:40 AM

That's a pretty stupid thing to say considering Rockdale has beaten Cameron and qualified for the playoffs. It appears that they had greater goals than just that and are doing just fine. Stop making excuses.

Milk That Cow
11-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That's a pretty stupid thing to say considering Rockdale has beaten Cameron and qualified for the playoffs. It appears that they had greater goals than just that and are doing just fine. Stop making excuses.

I must agree with this statement, as this must be the New Cameron Philosophy...

Making Excuses and Settling for Medocrity(has there been a lot of move-ins with administration/school board/community leadership?)

There's no way that type of attitude existed in Cameron when they were dominant...

tigerfan09
11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
I must agree with this statement, as this must be the New Cameron Philosophy...

Making Excuses and Settling for Medocrity(has there been a lot of move-ins with administration/school board/community leadership?)

There's no way that type of attitude existed in Cameron when they were dominant...

Actually, there have been a lot of move-ins with administration it seems like...most of the folks in the higher level positions at Cameron ISD have moved in within the last 5 years or so...heck, even the Yoe Assistant Prinicipal is originally from Rockdale! I have no idea where the Yoe Principal came from. Sadly, it seems that when most people leave Cameron to go off to college, etc., they don't come back.

Coach BS
11-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Beating Cameron is always on Rockdales list, along with winning dist., and making the playoffs and advancing. Maybe Camerons goals are different now but they may need to rethink the goals because they have fell short for several years now. No playoffs the past 2 years (that used to never happen), Rockdale has won 2 of the last 3 BOTB (thats not the norm).

cameron91
11-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Jeff Boutwell.. I wonder what ever happen to this young Man..:D last I heard he was the new James Bond..0007:p

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
Jeff Boutwell.. I wonder what ever happen to this young Man..:D last I heard he was the new James Bond..0007:p

I'm....... BATMAN!

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coach BS
Beating Cameron is always on Rockdales list, along with winning dist., and making the playoffs and advancing. Maybe Camerons goals are different now but they may need to rethink the goals because they have fell short for several years now. No playoffs the past 2 years (that used to never happen), Rockdale has won 2 of the last 3 BOTB (thats not the norm). [/QUOTE

We have not been playing like the dominant teams that we have had in the past. I really dont think Mullins was meant to be a head coach because he really didnt know how to discipline his players. Our defense also really slipped with Cummings as the defensive coordinator. Rick Rhoades will have the players to win a district title next year. He will have pretty good lines next year and we should be able to really put up some numbers offensively. Our defense should also be greatly improved as well. I expect us to go pretty far in the playoffs next year if our QB situation works out.

tigerfan09
11-13-2009, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coach BS
Beating Cameron is always on Rockdales list, along with winning dist., and making the playoffs and advancing. Maybe Camerons goals are different now but they may need to rethink the goals because they have fell short for several years now. No playoffs the past 2 years (that used to never happen), Rockdale has won 2 of the last 3 BOTB (thats not the norm). [/QUOTE

We have not been playing like the dominant teams that we have had in the past. I really dont think Mullins was meant to be a head coach because he really didnt know how to discipline his players. Our defense also really slipped with Cummings as the defensive coordinator. Rick Rhoades will have the players to win a district title next year. He will have pretty good lines next year and we should be able to really put up some numbers offensively. Our defense should also be greatly improved as well. I expect us to go pretty far in the playoffs next year if our QB situation works out.

By the way, where is Cummings now?

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
By the way, where is Cummings now?

What I was told is that he followed Mullins to Heights but I cant confrim that 100%.

cameronyoe
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
yes, he is now the offensive coordinator for Harker Heights under Mullins

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 05:09 PM
wow didnt realize that...seems kind of odd that he can get a job like that after what he did here.

tigerfan09
11-13-2009, 07:40 PM
It looks like Mullins took Don Hicks with him, as well...

"Hicks, D., Asst. Football, Asst. Track"

I went to high school with Cummings, and he was a pretty decent guy. I don't know anything about his coaching ability. He is not even 30, and he is already an Offensive Coordinator of a 5A program, so he has to be doing something right?

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 07:56 PM
It looks like Mullins took Don Hicks with him, as well...

"Hicks, D., Asst. Football, Asst. Track"

I went to high school with Cummings, and he was a pretty decent guy. I don't know anything about his coaching ability. He is not even 30, and he is already an Offensive Coordinator of a 5A program, so he has to be doing something right?

Im sure he was a good guy and everything but he really didnt do anything with our defense. It is the worse ive ever seen the defense play. As an offensive coordinator idk, he could be amazing for all i know.

yoe64
11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Cummings really had his heart set on running that3-4 Defense, but we all know we don't have the linebackers to run that. But he was a good overall coach in my mind.

Not sure how he'd be as an Offensive Coordinator.

Also, last few years with Mullins there has been talk about discipline within the system. After last week doesn't look like anything changed. The whole team was ejected in the 3rd quarter after a fight broke out. Just sayin..

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Cummings really had his heart set on running that3-4 Defense, but we all know we don't have the linebackers to run that. But he was a good overall coach in my mind.

Not sure how he'd be as an Offensive Coordinator.

Also, last few years with Mullins there has been talk about discipline within the system. After last week doesn't look like anything changed. The whole team was ejected in the 3rd quarter after a fight broke out. Just sayin..

yeah i heard about that....looks like things have gotten a little worse...loved Mullins as an offensive coordinator.

yoe64
11-13-2009, 08:35 PM
He had a little help...LOL

sicem74
11-13-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah i heard about that....looks like things have gotten a little worse...loved Mullins as an offensive coordinator.

he did have a sick offense...we had good players at every posistion though

yoe64
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Mullins first year as OC we should of gone to state, COUGHdaniel wilfertCOUGH

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM
O yeah back in 01....ouch that was really rough for him.

yoe64
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
2000 but yeah.
All state kicker, misses the last FG of his career hadn't missed an XP all year.

That team had great talent on both sides of the ball.

Billy Pittman just a soph. then, Ed Squirky Lewis, Cedric Wells, Tanner Light, Roderick Knight, Brandon Burleson, Terrance Brooks (BEAST), Ross Watson also just a soph., Tyrone Miller, Brian Bailey, all state corner Jake Locke, Joseph Sedillo, Fantastic Football team.

That game against Marlin in quarterfinals at Kyle field (where the Yoe still have never won a game) was painful

tigerfan09
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I remember that night...wasn't that the night Tanner Light punted the ball straight up in the air (the ball wasn't even touched by the other team), and it ended up being like a 2 yard punt?? LOL

Yoe has had some really bad luck at Kyle Field. Back in Randy Sapp's first year as head coach in 1996, Yoe was poised to play the infamous Sealy Tigers in the state semi-final round, but met their match against Coldspring in the state quarter-final round. They had a running back who would get at least 2 to 3 yards right up the middle every single time the ball was handed off to him...if I remember right, his name was Anthony Harrell? We had some real talent on that team...Kal Kelley, BL Miller, Brian Fechner, Martin Gonzales, Jason Darilek, Troy Tucker, etc. The final score was 39-17 or something like.

Yoe_09
11-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah that was very painfull...they said the poles were not as wide which is probably true...but it is extra points.

yoe64
11-13-2009, 10:28 PM
wasn't wesley warrick on that team?

tigerfan09
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
wasn't wesley warrick on that team?

Lee Warrick was...he was a junior on that 96 team...he was a hoss...

c-town_balla
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM
How about we just trash everyone from Cameron that has been apart of the football team in the last decade?

cameronyoe
11-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Mullins first year as OC we should of gone to state, COUGHdaniel wilfertCOUGH

thats uncalled for.....its not like the kid missed on purpose....no reason to talk down on him like that

Yoe_09
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
thats uncalled for.....its not like the kid missed on purpose....no reason to talk down on him like that

It was so rough that year tho, we really probably should have won state....but its time to move on i guess

tigerfan09
11-15-2009, 10:40 PM
It was so rough that year tho, we really probably should have won state....but its time to move on i guess

Who would have Cameron faced the next week in the state semifinals? Atlanta, right?

King_LeYoeNidas
11-15-2009, 11:49 PM
I remember that night...wasn't that the night Tanner Light punted the ball straight up in the air (the ball wasn't even touched by the other team), and it ended up being like a 2 yard punt?? LOL

Yoe has had some really bad luck at Kyle Field. Back in Randy Sapp's first year as head coach in 1996, Yoe was poised to play the infamous Sealy Tigers in the state semi-final round, but met their match against Coldspring in the state quarter-final round. They had a running back who would get at least 2 to 3 yards right up the middle every single time the ball was handed off to him...if I remember right, his name was Anthony Harrell? We had some real talent on that team...Kal Kelley, BL Miller, Brian Fechner, Martin Gonzales, Jason Darilek, Troy Tucker, etc. The final score was 39-17 or something like.

One of the greatest Yoe teams of all time. This was my Jr. year. Running back was Martin Gonzalez, his backup was actually Aaron Thomas who was a Jr. as well at the time. IDK who the Harrell guy you are referring to is. Kal was QB and our out of nowhere WR sensation was George Ward. Linemen were Darilek at center, Lee Warrick & James Fail at guards and JD Ramsey & Troy Foster @ tackle. Our D was insane as well w/ BL Miller, Lee Warrick & the ridiculously talented Sam Hooks.