PDA

View Full Version : It's time to ponder HS 3A BASEBALL this year!

Old Cardinal
11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Having taken the time to look the whole situation over, I project that there are FIVE team that are loaded to the hilt.
I predict that one of them will be the State Champion---

In no particular order they are as follows:

Jasper
Bridge City
Carthage
Spring Hill
Orangefield

Comments are welcome.......:eek:

gtownfan
11-07-2009, 11:13 PM
How about adding a sixth team - Giddings. They only lost two from their state finalist team and have their ace, Masek and the two Marlow boys back. Thye should make a good run again!

88bobcats
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
That's daunting to hear.....

GiddingsFan
11-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Let's get through football!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Having taken the time to look the whole situation over, I project that there are FIVE team that are loaded to the hilt.

Jasper
Bridge City
Carthage
Spring Hill
Orangefield

Comments are welcome.......:eek: Bring those teams down to south texas tournaments :)

Lake Pirate
11-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Better add these 31-3A teams to the list, any one of these can ruin your day in a hurry :D

Sinton
Robstown
Falfurrias
Mathis

cucuy02
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
What about those West Trojans??....these guys will be stacked for the next couple of years...

raider red 2000
11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
football is goin on.
basketball is around the corner.
the world series just ended.

and some dirt waterer wants to talk about stand around ball.

poisoned10
11-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
football is goin on.

and some dirt waterer wants to talk about stand around ball. :thmbdwn:

poisoned10
11-08-2009, 12:31 PM

Carthage

Carthage graduated 7 starters and their top 3 pitchers from last year's team.

fanofthegame
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
hey sintonfan_inaustin, giddings came to s.a. to play ya'll in a best of 3 series, it only took 2 though. south texas has good teams, don't get me wrong, but you were put out in the playoffs by a team from centex, that lost to a team from north east texas.

GiddingsFan
11-08-2009, 03:10 PM
football is goin on.

Love it!

trojan37
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by cucuy02
What about those West Trojans??....these guys will be stacked for the next couple of years...

That's what I'm talkin about. The whole team, minus 4 players, return from a team that made it to the region semi's last year, including all of last years pitchers, one of which had the lowest era in all of 3A according to 3abaseball.com, and a freshman pitcher, now a sophomore, who recorded 100 strikeouts. They should be tough.

Spread It Out
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
They should give Giddings their rings now. I'd be very surprised if Giddings weren't one of the two teams playing the final game of the year next summer in Austin.

raider red 2000
11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
:thmbdwn:

sorry bud.

it said comments are welcome.

Old Cardinal
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I would say the West Trojans are certainly a possibility also.

Thanks for the comments from across the state....On the comment about two time state champion Carthage: they have one of the best feeder programs in all classifications. Jasper and Carthage will battle it out in that sound District setting and produce a potent playoff team.
Good luck to all!

DukeNukem
11-08-2009, 10:53 PM
football is goin on.

i love baseball but i have to agree with the above comments.

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Bring those teams down to south texas tournaments :) Yes SIR!....that's what I'm talkin about!

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
sorry bud.

it said comments are welcome.

I know, I was just showing my lack of appreciation for yours.

gordo
11-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Get this slack jawed gay thread off here.

pancho villa
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
You got to be kidding "we don't need no stinking standaroud talk around here"

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
HATERS!

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
i love baseball but i have to agree with the above comments. +1

We are just beginning the best part of FOOTBALL.

Footballhudini
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
baseball is for people who can't play football.

NastySlot
11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

right..............most of those guys dotting the rosters of the big twelve were football studs........rice and texas are great examples.

if you re going to stand around in that batters box.....you better get out or do something with that stick.

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM

What about the Mitchell kid, I think his name was Mitchell, from LSU last year? He was a starter for the LSU football and baseball team. What about Deion Sanders? What about Bo Jackson? What about the Notre Dame WR from a couple of years ago with the long last name that is now a pitcher for the Cubs?

Footballhudini
11-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Forgive me, it's called a joke, cuz if you're talking about football this early in your school year there's obvsly nothing exciting going on with football.

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Forgive me, it's called a joke, cuz if you're talking about football this early in your school year there's obvsly nothing exciting going on with football.

HUH?

Old Tiger
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
What has happened to Lorena in baseball?

lulu
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Some of your post were just plain hateful and disrespectful. IMO

If I am allowed to express it without being chastised.:(

Footballhudini
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
HUH?

bleh.. typo

please disregard all hudini posts if you don't already

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
bleh.. typo

please disregard all hudini posts if you don't already :(

i look forward to them :)

stenroh
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Jasper
Bridge City
Carthage
Spring Hill
Orangefield

Comments are welcome.......:eek:

Might want to add Giddings...........

Mojado
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by stenroh
Might want to add Giddings...........

LOL... ya think...

Mojado
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Darn... That was my 100th post and wasted in a worthless baseball thread... I'm gonna go throw up now!!!

Astrosdawg07
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Jasper would have to disagree with that, we just happen to have great traditions in both programs. Its tough be a winning school.

Old Cardinal
11-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't think Giddings could have competed with at least a half-dozen schools in Region III.
Carthage had all they could handle in winning Region III; and they had no problem with Giddings.
I will stick with the 5 schools named PLUS the West Trojans are of the same caliber....

Mojado
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
OMG... Where's Pancho when this board needs him the most!!! :D :D :D

pancho villa
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Here I am! I guess all the non-athletes are starving for some attention on here. "All you NA'S go water some dirt"

Mojado
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Here I am! I guess all the non-athletes are starving for some attention on here. "All you NA'S go water some dirt"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rojosgirl
11-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Cuero?

pirate4state
11-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think Giddings could have competed with at least a half-dozen schools in Region III.
Carthage had all they could handle in winning Region III; and they had no problem with Giddings.
I will stick with the 5 schools named PLUS the West Trojans are of the same caliber....

Ahhhh yes, this is why we missed Old Cardinal, but I have to ask. Aren't the Cardinals in the FOOTBALL playoffs??? Don't think they are gonna make it past round one?

How is the BC softball team looking this year?

Old Cardinal
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Snapshot..

Yea the Cardinals are playing Cleveland this weekend in playoff football. Volleyball went two deep.
Cross Country in the top 10 placed 2nd in Region III behind Lufkin Hudson who will do very well.
Softball will do very well--great team back with a huge building program in Select and even Little League programs--just like the boys feeder programs.
Baseball will have a strong JV & Soph. team and a strong returning team that reached the #2 spot about mid-playoffs They went 1-1 with #1 ranked Spring Hill at the time only to have LuLu's nephew pitching an beating them in the third game.
A typical year for the Cardinals in the making....LOL

PLEASE GIVE US A RUNDOWN ON ALL YOUR HSs SPORTS ACTIVITIES OK?

Last edited by Old Cardinal on 11-10-2009 at 03:59 PM

Buffgal
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Congratulations to our Giddings Baseball seniors as they sign with their respective colleges tomorrow.

Ty Marlow-Texas A & M:clap:

Trey Masek-Texas Tech:clap:

Rush Plumlee has verbally committed to play for Howard College, 2009 JUCO World Series Champions. He will sign in January.:clap:

Still enjoying the Friday Night Lights of Buffalo football, keep it going guys. It will make the wait for baseball even shorter.

lulu
11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
Darn... That was my 100th post and wasted in a worthless baseball thread... I'm gonna go throw up now!!!

Well it says in the subject line that is a baseball thread.....DUH:rolleyes:

garciap77
11-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

ttt:D

VWG
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
West will be a tough team to beat next year. That fish they had on the mound last year was as good as it gets.
If I am not mistaken, I think Lubbock Estacado has a good nucleus coming back. They got bumped out of the playoffs by state semi-finalist Andrews.

oldtownag
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM

See below

Old Cardinal
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
OldtownAG:

That is funny, I was thinking the same thing.
Carthage had another get-overall season.

They struggled through a tough Region III in baseball and waltzed and paraded right on through those other Regional winners..

Please fellow-- baseball players can also play football on State Championship teams...LOL

garciap77
11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
See below

:clap: :clap: :clap:

giddingsblazer2
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal
[B]OldtownAG:

That is funny, I was thinking the same thing.
Carthage had another get-overall season.

They struggled through a tough Region III in baseball and waltzed and paraded right on through those other Regional winners..

your an idiot. carthage waltzed through giddings huh. must've not seen the game then. very close game with the giddins errors deciding it.

Hornet Mom 2
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM

I think it's the other way around hudini...not EVERYONE can play baseball...just about anybody that can strap on a helmet can play football...and mine does both, so I am not bashing either sport! Love them both!