PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
How many people are ready to watch this fight later on CBS tonight?

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
What do MMA fans think is going to happen in this fight?

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I guess not to many MMA fans on the boards?

easttexas3a
11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Fedor......easy

Fedor needs to fight Brock

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Fedor......easy

Fedor needs to fight Brock

Forsure, what do you think what be the outcome of that fight?

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
brock got mono from making out with his goats.

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
brock got mono from making out with his goats.

Brock talks to much mess. Carwin would have won.

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
carwin will win when brock stops ducking him.

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
speaking of ducking. what about those DUCKS?

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 09:57 PM
typical pac-10 team. they all suck so they beat each other.

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
actually i just got some inside information. supposedly oregon got paid a large sum of money to lose to keep boise st.'s SOS low and prevent them from being top 5 at the end of year with TCU

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Boise State is overrated IMO and i know some will say well look at what happened when they beat Oklahoma in the big bowl game

XtremeCouture
11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
you just reply,"look what happens to blowu every time they play in a bcs game"

King_LeYoeNidas
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Fedor (as expected) defeated the Grim in round two via TKO but it not the walk through most expected. Fedor was getting pounded in round 1 and looked to be in serious trouble. Brett just didn't seem sure of himself once the match started.

As for Brock, anyone who says he talks too much mess is obviously just saying that based on the sports clips they've seen of him. Fact is Frank Mir ran his mouth for MONTHS about Lesnar before the fight. When Lesnar killed him in the cage, he responded back and got looked down on for it EVEN THOUGH earlier in the night Dan Henderson laid the biggest cheap shot MMA has ever seen.

Heath Herring talked trash on Lesnar and he too paid for it.

Randy Couture? Never said a word. Got beat and Brock gave him his props afterwords.

Shane Carwin? Well, I didn't think it possible for any MMA fighter to be a bigger d-bag than Mir but Carwin has pulled it off. Shane has been running his mouth since the Mir fight trying to be a vanilla hero to the masses and it's really, really sickening. Brock ducking him? That's hilarious. Brock is going to destroy him, I'll bet my house on it.

95mustang
11-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Boise State is overrated IMO and i know some will say well look at what happened when they beat Oklahoma in the big bowl game

Look what happened when they played TCU in a bowl game. :D

95mustang
11-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Fedor (as expected) defeated the Grim in round two via TKO but it not the walk through most expected. Fedor was getting pounded in round 1 and looked to be in serious trouble. Brett just didn't seem sure of himself once the match started.

As for Brock, anyone who says he talks too much mess is obviously just saying that based on the sports clips they've seen of him. Fact is Frank Mir ran his mouth for MONTHS about Lesnar before the fight. When Lesnar killed him in the cage, he responded back and got looked down on for it EVEN THOUGH earlier in the night Dan Henderson laid the biggest cheap shot MMA has ever seen.

Heath Herring talked trash on Lesnar and he too paid for it.

Randy Couture? Never said a word. Got beat and Brock gave him his props afterwords.

Shane Carwin? Well, I didn't think it possible for any MMA fighter to be a bigger d-bag than Mir but Carwin has pulled it off. Shane has been running his mouth since the Mir fight trying to be a vanilla hero to the masses and it's really, really sickening. Brock ducking him? That's hilarious. Brock is going to destroy him, I'll bet my house on it.

I wouldn't speak so quickly.

XtremeCouture
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Omg another noob mma fan trying to analyze a fight. Brett landed one jab that cut fedors nose but otherwise had no effect on fedor at all. Fedor gets the fight to the ground and goes for a kimura that Brett scrambles out of and he gets top position and lands about 6 nice shots on fedor. While Brett is doing this, guess what fedor is doing? Controlling an arm and spinning his hips for an arm bar attempt that Brett gets out of and eventually the fights is back on the fight. In the first round Brett was noticeably hurt by a few of fedors punches. Second round I don't really need to say anything. Brett dropped his hands and then was subsequently decapitated. Fedor was never in trouble. All this talk of a rematch is just to keep brett's name up there. He posed zero challenge to fedor. Fedor has fought much larger opponents than Brock and if Brock goes to the ground he will be losing an arm. Unlike Mir, fedor does lift weights and is a very strong Russian.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Omg another noob mma fan trying to analyze a fight. Brett landed one jab that cut fedors nose but otherwise had no effect on fedor at all. Fedor gets the fight to the ground and goes for a kimura that Brett scrambles out of and he gets top position and lands about 6 nice shots on fedor. While Brett is doing this, guess what fedor is doing? Controlling an arm and spinning his hips for an arm bar attempt that Brett gets out of and eventually the fights is back on the fight. In the first round Brett was noticeably hurt by a few of fedors punches. Second round I don't really need to say anything. Brett dropped his hands and then was subsequently decapitated. Fedor was never in trouble. All this talk of a rematch is just to keep brett's name up there. He posed zero challenge to fedor. Fedor has fought much larger opponents than Brock and if Brock goes to the ground he will be losing an arm. Unlike Mir, fedor does lift weights and is a very strong Russian.

Look another "MMA Purist" who can't stand that Lesnar is a dominating fighter. Fedor (like it or not) ducked the UFC and used Dana not promoting M1 Global as an excuse not to sign. If he wants to concrete his status as the best in the world, then he should fight the best in the world and that 7 foot Chinaman, and Tim Sylvia ain't it. He couldn't finish Nog, he couldn't finish Cro Cop. I'll give him his credit but Lesnar is stronger than Rogers and Rogers' ground game is terrible but yet he escaped at least 3 submission attempts. Too bad it'll never come to pass. In the meantime, please get over yourself.

forum_guy
11-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Fedor ducking Lesnar? haha. I sure wish Fedor-Lesnar would happen so the people that are now riding Brock's nuts can quiet down a little bit.

rockdale80
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Look another "MMA Purist" who can't stand that Lesnar is a dominating fighter. Fedor (like it or not) ducked the UFC and used Dana not promoting M1 Global as an excuse not to sign. If he wants to concrete his status as the best in the world, then he should fight the best in the world and that 7 foot Chinaman, and Tim Sylvia ain't it. He couldn't finish Nog, he couldn't finish Cro Cop. I'll give him his credit but Lesnar is stronger than Rogers and Rogers' ground game is terrible but yet he escaped at least 3 submission attempts. Too bad it'll never come to pass. In the meantime, please get over yourself.

Dana White would have been an idiot to agree to the terms Fedor's agent was asking for. If you think otherwise then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Lesnar is not a great fighter. He is a great athlete. There is a difference. Lesnar will be beat and most likely very soon...

SintonPirateFan
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Dana White would have been an idiot to agree to the terms Fedor's agent was asking for. If you think otherwise then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Lesnar is not a great fighter. He is a great athlete. There is a difference. Lesnar will be beat and most likely very soon...

i saw the Fedor/Rogers fight....

why is it that anything besides UFC and PRIDE looks staged?

XtremeCouture
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
dude fedor is stuck in a contract with his management. he had nothing to do with turning down dana white's offer. dana will make it seem like that but it's because he wants people to hate fedor.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Fedor owns like HALF of M1 Global. If he was "stuck in a contract," he would never have had any negotiations w/ the UFC but fact is, he did and YES his Russian Mafia pals made ridiculous demands that involved UFC co-promoting w/ M1 Global which from a business standpoint is totally retarded. Why would they co-promote w/ a company to get ONE guy who could get blasted after his first GUARANTEED title fight w/ Lesnar? It wasn't worth it. Why does UFC need to have anything "presented by/with" M1 Global? It makes no sense. If Fedor would have REALLY wanted the fight, he would've made it happen, his deal w/ Affliction was done and he was a free agent. While he had ties to M1, he could have done both. Fact is, Fedor in his own words feels he doesn't need to prove anything anymore. IMO if that is the case, he needs to retire. If he looks at this as a job (which he says he does) he needs to walk away now w/ his "legacy" even though he will do so without EVER stepping foot in the biggest MMA company in the world, the UFC. It'd be like a CFL QB going undefeated, never stepping foot in the NFL and still claim to be the greatest of all time. It doesn't compute.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with Lesnar being a greater athlete than a fighter... I just don't see anyone currently in MMA being a great enough fighter to beat Lesnar's athleticism...

Can they catch him with a knee when he rushes in? Sure, I could see that happening... Can they tap him out? It'd take another opportunist like Mir to tap him out again because Mir will put you in crazy crap you don't prep for... suprised he hasn't tapped someone out with and eyebrow-lock yet...

Lesnar has powerful fists, he just doesn't use 'em as well as he could... but he's too damn quick to get great position on... that's the only problem I see with him getting beat right now...

As for Fedor fighting Lesnar I can't say exactly what will happen... Fedor is so deceptive... but had Lesner gotten him on the ground as Rogers did the other night, he wasn't getting out of it so easy...