PDA

View Full Version : Texas aTm loses to Colorado

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
34-35 final. After two pretty impressive wins over Tech and Iowa State the Aggies lose to Colorado.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293110038

Thoughts?

shamu85
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
34-35 final. After two pretty impressive wins over Tech and Iowa State the Aggies lose to Colorado.

Thoughts?

Wow, the Aggies are the model of consistency this year, aren't they?

squid
11-07-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.noatodo.org/files/2009/03/nelson_muntz_ha_ha.jpg

lbjacj
11-07-2009, 05:16 PM
WOW:eek:

THEY WILL PROBABLY BEAT TEXAS:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 05:17 PM
wow.

ferilhog11
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Ags seem too always find a way. It's going to be a long week on campus. Now we have to go to Norman. We are in trouble!!! I blame coaches mostly. Terrible play calling.

forum_guy
11-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ferilhog11
Ags seem too always find a way. It's going to be a long week on campus. Now we have to go to Norman. We are in trouble!!! I blame coaches mostly. Terrible play calling.

How many of the coaches were playing defense? How many of the coaches missed tackles?

ferilhog11
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Its the coaches job to prepare these kids. I know they are young but still. I just question some of the offensive play calling. I'm used to the swiss cheese defense after all these years though.

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM

I would split the blame 50/50. I dont know how the a&m defense gave up 35 points but thats embarrassing. In the end if your not winning games as a coach, someone has to go eventually.

ferilhog11
11-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I agree with Yoe. I would rather have Sherman stay and Kines go unlike most people. We have an offense, but no D!

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 05:28 PM
In the end if your not winning games as a coach, someone has to go eventually.

If you're seriously already asking for Shermans head you've got mental problems.

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
If you're seriously already asking for Shermans head you've got mental problems.

no im not asking for his head, im talking about possible assistants. You have to give Sherman the rest of this year and the rest of next to start talks. We have come into several games this years and have really not been ready to play. I know that we are getting the recruits but we have to start winning games like this.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
no im not asking for his head, im talking about possible assistants. You have to give Sherman the rest of this year and the rest of next to start talks. We have come into several games this years and have really not been ready to play. I know that we are getting the recruits but we have to start winning games like this.

I gotcha. I'd give the entire staff another year. Then maybe Ax an assistant or two. Give Sherman about 4-5 years and let him pan out.

shamu85
11-07-2009, 05:33 PM
To be fair, Texas struggled mightily at home with Colorado. Weren't they trailing at halftime? Colorado is probably as inconsistent as A&M.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
To be fair, Texas struggled mightily at home with Colorado. Weren't they trailing at halftime? Colorado is probably as inconsistent as A&M.
Yeah I was at the game. Tx trailed at half.

Also, Hawkins made a QB change finally and pulled his little boy a couple weeks back. Since then that Henson or Hanson kid has beaten KU and TAMU. The kid can sling it a little.

squid
11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
To be honest, no. Texas beat cu 38-14 and outgained them 315 yds to 127.

And I believe it takes four 15 minute quarters to make a game.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by squid
To be honest, no. Texas beat cu 38-14 and outgained them 315 yds to 127.

And I believe it takes four 15 minute quarters to make a game.

Tx trailed 14-10 to CU at half, to be honest.

coach
11-07-2009, 05:41 PM
they lost it when atm elected to kick a field goal on the three yard line when they were only up by 3

PhiI C
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
You have to remember though that Colorado was at home and that they played a close game against Texas.

navscanmaster
11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Listened to the game while going to Dallas and back. The defense just flat out lost containment. Jerrod kept throwing to EZ, but EZ had butter fingers today. Not to mention no turnovers by the Ags until 2:00 left in the game.

GetRDoneStangs
11-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I was at the McMurry vs. Hardin Simmons and missed most of this one. I did catch a couple of bits from the radio and one time they went for it on 4th and goal from the 1 and did not make it. Then on another chance they kick the field goal and wind up losing by 1 point.......that is just part of the game. Do you gamble or not??

Last week Johnson scored on a 4th and goal from the 1.

Tough loss at a place the Ags have trouble wining at.

Oh yea.......to make the day worse Hardin Simmons continues to dominate their crosstown rival McMurry 21-10.

Time for a couple or 10 toddies!!!

:D :D

squid
11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Tx trailed 14-10 to CU at half, to be honest.

ok, if it helps ease the ags pain, we'll just say the Texas-CU game ended right there at the half. Nevermind the 28 pts they scored in the 2nd half, they trailed at the half.
:doh:

navscanmaster
11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
ok, if it helps ease the ags pain, we'll just say the Texas-CU game ended right there at the half. Nevermind the 28 pts they scored in the 2nd half, they trailed at the half.
:doh:

Hooray for you. Your team is ranked #2 in the country. You don't have to remind us Aggie fans of how our young team is struggling with consistency. The point of the references to the UT game are not to dis your team, they are to point out Colorado's struggles with consistency this season. So get off your high horse and be a good sport.

squid
11-07-2009, 10:04 PM
So get off your high horse and be a good sport.

Doctor! heal thyself!

BobcatBenny
11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I dunno ... but it looks like Sherman is coaching for draft positioning. :doh:

Daddy D 11
11-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Squid, I'm a UT fan. I was just saying.

And Navscan, I love you man and I could be wrong.. but I think Texas starts as many young guns as TAMU does.

OldBison75
11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Let's look at this game realistically and get away from the homerism. TAMU played very weel at times, especially on defense. Offensively, they never got into any kind of rhythm. The running game was sporadic at best and the passing game featured several passes that were dropped and several that were just poor throws. In the kicking game, Gray returns kickoff for a 99 yard TD and besides that they were below average.

In the first half, the Aggies were winning the field position game and just couldn't put up points and finish drives. Penalties and dropped passes both played a role. In the second half, it seemed when the Aggies got ahead, the defense went into prevent mode and Colorado ate them up. If you watched the whole game, you know that the Aggies had several chances to put a lock on the game in the third quarter and just did not get the job done.

Now, to the credit of the Colorado team, they played hard and when they needed the big plays in the second half, they made them happen. Hanson is not a flashy QB, but he gets the job done and his bullet in the seam for thier last TD was an absolutely perfectly thrown ball. Colorado has a couple of players that were money when the game was on the line and those guys took the game into thier hands and made the plays.

navscanmaster
11-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Squid, I'm a UT fan. I was just saying.

And Navscan, I love you man and I could be wrong.. but I think Texas starts as many young guns as TAMU does.

The Aggies are playing 18 true freshmen, though not all are starting. Brandal Jackson, who has been pretty solid even before Fuller got injured, didn't even come in on offense, as far as I could tell. Yet, the offensive minds have decided that Nwachaku (sp?) is who they are going to force the ball to. He was looking good when defenses didn't know who he was, and with the better corners now covering him, he can't catch a cold. Jamie McCoy was thrown at once, and he has been a big part of the offense for a few years now. Howard Morrow, who has also been big, was ignored. Even Fuller was only thrown to a few times, and all of his catches were HUGE. It is like EZ and Tannehill are being force-fed the offense lately, while every other target is of no importance. On defense, Dustin Harris, the starting corner, was injured, and it seemed to have an effect. His punt returning hands were not there to save a muffed punt, which killed a possible A&M comeback in the waning moments, and his coverage was not there when Colorado receivers were catching bombs from Hanson. The linebackers and line played well, but they also let some big plays slip by when A&M was in a favorable position to get the ball back. Those third and long conversions absolutely kill defensive momentum and will.

big daddy russ
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM
The Ags will win if a defense can put up a bit of resistance and will lose if the offense rolls all over the field. It's as simple as that.

The defense is too small, too slow (reacting, not foot speed), and too inexperienced right now and can't seem to get consistent stops. So they rely on deep field positioning and long offensive drives to come up with a play or two.

Neither Iowa State nor Texas Tech could stop the A&M offense. Both were consistently pinned inside their own 20 to start drives, whether from a kickoff following a score or from a deep drive that stalled, and got plenty of yards but nothing to show for it. ISU actually led A&M in total yards in the fourth quarter.

If you slow down the offense, the entire team suffers. If you don't, you lose. I know it sounds awfully simple, but you can take a look at their upcoming matchups, look at the teams who don't have defenses (*cough, Oklahoma State, cough*), and see who A&M matches up against. Any team that's all offense, no matter how good they are, will struggle tremendously against that A&M attack. All the other games, you know, against the teams with some sort of defense, should be absolute blowouts.... unless by some miracle they pull another one off against UT in the rivalry. This time, though, they'll have to play "up" instead of exploiting a huge matchup advantage like the one they had with Jovorskie.

BTownVBall3
11-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Umm.. Oklahoma state actually has a very good defense..don't compare aTm's to theirs.

Aesculus gilmus
11-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I know they are young but still.

You don't have to use young players. Look at Jordan Shipley. Isn't he about 30?

Ranger Mom
11-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
So get off your high horse and be a good sport.

He don't ride a horse silly, he rides a motorcycle!!:p :p :p

navscanmaster
11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He don't ride a horse silly, he rides a motorcycle!!:p :p :p

The fumes must be getting to him.

raider red 2000
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Ags should be happy...should go 6-6 if hey beat baylor....might get to a bowl...and they already beat their rival (TT) on the road.

NastySlot
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
Ags should be happy...should go 6-6 if hey beat baylor....might get to a bowl...and they already beat their rival (TT) on the road.

im disappointed with the loss....ags need a bowl the extra weeks of practice you get are important with a young team.

navscanmaster
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

That would be implying that Aggies everywhere would settle for a 6-6 season. Texas and Texas Tech are big games for Texas A&M because they are IN STATE RIVALRIES. Those games are just as big to TT and UT fans as well, so don't act like it is not something those folks care about. If you were to see this team play against Tech, ISU, and UAB, you know that they are capable of being a very good team as young as they are. Could they play with the SEC's powerhouses right now? No. Could they compete with most of the top 25 right now? Probably not. Are they building confidence racking up 450 ypg and big points with 18-19 year olds filling up the roster? Yes. The next couple of years, we will expect to be competing for the Big 12 championship, and hopefully more.

big daddy russ
11-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Umm.. Oklahoma state actually has a very good defense..don't compare aTm's to theirs.
Really? Because everytime I watch them they look very inconsistent. Maybe you could enlighten me.

GetRDoneStangs
11-08-2009, 03:56 PM
That would be implying that Aggies everywhere would settle for a 6-6 season. Texas and Texas Tech are big games for Texas A&M because they are IN STATE RIVALRIES. Those games are just as big to TT and UT fans as well, so don't act like it is not something those folks care about. If you were to see this team play against Tech, ISU, and UAB, you know that they are capable of being a very good team as young as they are. Could they play with the SEC's powerhouses right now? No. Could they compete with most of the top 25 right now? Probably not. Are they building confidence racking up 450 ypg and big points with 18-19 year olds filling up the roster? Yes. The next couple of years, we will expect to be competing for the Big 12 championship, and hopefully more.

:iagree: :iagree:

And I hope we are right!!!

squid
11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
The fumes must be getting to him

now now now, remember, be a good sport.:taunt:

navscanmaster
11-08-2009, 07:53 PM
now now now, remember, be a good sport.:taunt: :tongue: :hijacktd:

buff4life
11-08-2009, 09:32 PM

maybe a little too much koolaid...

I do like the glass half full mentality though...Ags will not compete for a BigXII title until they can compete with Texas and OU in the recruiting battles and win a number of them...coaching is a big part, but having the talent to accept that coaching is the difference

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I would split the blame 50/50. I dont know how the a&m defense gave up 35 points but thats embarrassing. In the end if your not winning games as a coach, someone has to go eventually. Everyone is forgetting one thing....this is only his second year....give him another year to recruit. I personally think he's doing good things at A&M. The Ags are young and lack experience, which leads to the inconsistancy.....but they have showed signs of brilliance at times. They can be explosive on offense. The experience and consistancy will come w/ time. You DO realize that 18+ true freshmen have gotten playing time this year right?