PDA

View Full Version : Division I playoffs

martwayne
11-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Just kinda wondering how everyone is thinking this side of the state playoffs is going to work out and maybe what your top ten teams out of DI would be.

Mine looks like this:

1. Prosper (they are the defending state champs)
2. Gilmer
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Cuero
5. Jasper
6. Navasota
7. Sealy
8. Bandera
9. Ingleside
10. Wills Point

and I'm sure everyone can figure out I'm going to say my Navasota Rattlers will win the whole thing so I'm not picking anyone eles on that subject.

Love them Rattlers, whooooooo!!!!!!!! Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOS87
11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Prosper
4. Sealy
5. Cuero
6. Jasper
7. Silsbee
8. Navasota
9. Ingleside
10. Lucas Lovejoy

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2009, 04:30 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Prosper
4. Sealy
5. Jasper
6. Cuero
7. Navasota
8. Silsbee
9. Ingleside
10. Lucas Lovejoy

Gilmer over Wylie for the DI Championship.

Pendragon13
11-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I think you could swap #'s 1-3 around in any order and still be pretty close. Wylie was one missed tackle at the goalline away from beating Prosper and going on to the title game against LaVega (which we already beat that year) and the boys really want a rematch. Of course Gilmer wasn't in the mix for long last year...and there are other teams on that list capable of taking it all. Going to be very interesting the next few weeks.:cool:

PHOP
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by martwayne
[B]Just kinda wondering how everyone is thinking this side of the state playoffs is going to work out and maybe what your top ten teams out of DI would be.

Mine looks like this:

1. Prosper (they are the defending state champs)
2. Gilmer
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Cuero
5. Jasper
6. Navasota
7. Sealy
8. Bandera
9. Ingleside
10. Wills Point

QUOTE]

:iagree:

Semi Finals
Prosper vs. Abilene Wylie (rematch of last year’s best game in 3a)
Cuero vs. Gilmer

After that up for grabs – these four teams that can win it all – D1 is well represented and I am sure this year’s state championship will be a good one – once again

Go Prosper!

waterboy
11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Of course Gilmer wasn't in the mix for long last year...
Gilmer wasn't D1 last year, and was in the mix in D2 last year until they met Carthage in the quarterfinals (4 games deep). They only lost by 3 points to the eventual champion that noone else even came close to beating. I think that qualifies as being in the mix for a while...... Had they not had an interception with less than a minute to go in that Carthage game, Gilmer would've probably gone on and won the title........but, I digress......:thinking:

;) Hopefully, this year we'll be in the mix in D1 until the end and come home with a nice championship trophy for Christmas!:clap:

Pendragon13
11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Gilmer wasn't D1 last year, and was in the mix in D2 last year until they met Carthage in the quarterfinals (4 games deep). They only lost by 3 points to the eventual champion that noone else even came close to beating. I think that qualifies as being in the mix for a while...... Had they not had an interception with less than a minute to go in that Carthage game, Gilmer would've probably gone on and won the title........but, I digress......:thinking:

;) Hopefully, this year we'll be in the mix in D1 until the end and come home with a nice championship trophy for Christmas!:clap: Yeah, I forgot Gilmer was D2 last year...I guess I was thinking of the year before when Wylie lost to them. In any case, I refuse to look further ahead than the next scheduled game...bad karma.;)

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I forgot Gilmer was D2 last year...I guess I was thinking of the year before when Wylie lost to them.

It wasn't that year either. The year Gilmer and Wylie played, Gilmer played, and lost to, Liberty Hill in the state championship game. I would say that Gilmer was in the mix for a while then too.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 2006 season, when eventual state champion, Liberty-Eylau, beat Gilmer in the 1st round of the playoffs.

ccmom
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I forgot Gilmer was D2 last year...I guess I was thinking of the year before when Wylie lost to them. In any case, I refuse to look further ahead than the next scheduled game...bad karma.;)

Ummm...wasn't that the semi final game that Gilmer beat Wylie or am I confused? :doh: I think they were "in the mix" for the long haul that year, too. ;)

poisoned10
11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Ummm...wasn't that the semi final game that Gilmer beat Wylie or am I confused? :doh: I think they were "in the mix" for the long haul that year, too. ;)

You are correct.

That game with Wylie was one of the greatest games I have seen.

XtremeCouture
11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
i would love to see cuero win a title this year since even most people in the town look at this team as lacking in talent compared to years past but i really see them making an early exit in round 2 vs sealy

ccmom
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
You are correct.

That game with Wylie was one of the greatest games I have seen.

It was a dandy! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

;)