PDA

View Full Version : Rio Hondo Bobcats (5-5; 5-2) @ Sinton Pirates (9-1; 6-1)

pirate4state
11-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Rio Hondo lines up in a spread, but they run first. They have a big bruising RB and a very shifty QB.

Defensively they like to blitz, but La Feria had success avoiding the rushers and passing on them.

Should be a good game.

I really think we will be able to move the ball on them. If our passing game is clicking...look out!!! :D

Here is the link to the game story between Rio Hondo-v-La Feria.

http://www.rgvsports.com/articles/rio-5675-hondo-playoff.html

Good Luck Pirates!!!

maroonpirate04
11-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Gotta go with my hometown:D :D

GO SINTON PIRATES!!

Blue42
11-07-2009, 04:03 PM
The Bobcats play with a lot of heart but the Pirates will be too much fo them.

44INAROW
11-07-2009, 04:13 PM
going with the Pirates - it's close until midway through the 3rd when the Pirates seal the deal.

sinton66
11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm going with my Pirates too, but these late starts gotta stop.

LE Dad
11-07-2009, 06:25 PM
10-0 is nice :thinking:

BUT:tisk: :tisk:

I will settle :D for 15-1 :clap: :clap:

99IHSMustang
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Let's go Sinton represent 31-3A!! :clap:

SintonFan
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Is that the same big bruiser of a RB Rio Hondo had last year? Didn't they make a good playoff run then?

Go Pirates!!!:)

I really do dislike that I can't research Rio Hondo from years past because the the word Rio isn't allowed in a search(too few letters).:o :eek:

SintonPirateFan
11-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Playing on their home field i think will be a big help to Sinton in getting their offense rolling early. RH will have some big plays to make it close but not enough.

Sinton 35
Rio Hondo 27

1st and goal
11-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Rio Hondo put up a good fight last year against Giddings. The game wasn't sealed until it was over. They had some really big players and some really good cheap shot artists.

Pirates, be glad you are playing at home. At our game last year in San Antonio, they brought out a bass guitar and big a$$ amplifier and started playing some barrio/ghetto bass line that they tried to annoy the opposing team. This is when the pirates' faithful need to form a posse, go over to their side and yank the cord...I would pay money to see that.:clap: :clap:

sinton legacy77
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Sinton Pirates all the way in this one! they win big hands down!

SINTON 35
rio hondo 14

sinton legacy77
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Rio Hondo put up a good fight last year against Giddings. The game wasn't sealed until it was over. They had some really big players and some really good cheap shot artists.

Pirates, be glad you are playing at home. At our game last year in San Antonio, they brought out a bass guitar and big a$$ amplifier and started playing some barrio/ghetto bass line that they tried to annoy the opposing team. This is when the pirates' faithful need to form a posse, go over to their side and yank the cord...I would pay money to see that.:clap: :clap:

Our sound system will blow out any kind of annoying sounds they try to make! and then when the game starts our team will wipe the field with them

99IHSMustang
11-08-2009, 12:14 PM

When Ingleside played Rio Hondo ealier in the season, I didn't see any unsportmanslike conduct going on. So I wouldn't be so quick to judge them this year, but I am sure if that happens the Pirate fans will notice. At any rate their RB is a hoss and they have a fresman QB that played in the late 3rd and 4th Qtr game against Ingleside that looked pretty good. Sinton needs to knock them in the mouth often and early and they can come out with a win.

Inmateboss
11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Don,t have a dog in the hunt, but lot's of good Sinton posters on here and they got my vote!!!
Go SINTON!!!!!

gobbler grad
11-08-2009, 02:59 PM
GO PIRATES...:clap:

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Sinton won't even break a sweat.

Sinton 35
RH 10

Green Bling
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Good luck to our Pirate friends to the south on this one. Go Pirates!!:D

12thMan
11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I can't believe RH made the playoffs! They must have turned it arround after week 2. Sinton will take care of business.

RH does have a awesome band!!!

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 12:38 AM

Pirates, be glad you are playing at home. At our game last year in San Antonio, they brought out a bass guitar and big a$$ amplifier and started playing some barrio/ghetto bass line that they tried to annoy the opposing team. This is when the pirates' faithful need to form a posse, go over to their side and yank the cord...I would pay money to see that.:clap: :clap: :thinking: I'll have to keep this in mind.

Thanks for the support everyone. A new season begins...

ONE

SINTON81
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey Pirate4state, I love the cake.:D :D
Only thing missing is the words Sinton Pirates.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/dist_champs-2-1.jpg

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Hey Pirate4state, I love the cake.:D :D
Only thing missing is the words Sinton Pirates.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/dist_champs-2-1.jpg

I tried to be nice and put in the word "tri" before CHAMPS, but it didn't quite come out the way I expected. :D

The quote in the Saturday paper got me all riled up! :devil:

SintonPirateFan
11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I tried to be nice and put in the word "tri" before CHAMPS, but it didn't quite come out the way I expected. :D

quote? i have no idea what quote you are talking about..... :mad:

SINTON81
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM

I remember that quote. It got me going alittle bit too.:cool: :cool:

Besides, I say let everyone make their own cake.:mad: :D

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I went over to the rgvsports site and am cracking up over what they posted about the RH/LF game.

No one really saying anything (yet) about our game.

Phil C
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I say Sinton wins 28 to 21. GO PIRATES!

GiddingsFan
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Rio Hondo was a great game vs Giddings last year. It was close for a while, from what I can remember....

OnceABucJr
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Consider the source of that quote in Sat. paper and it all makes (no)sense!!!

Phil C
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Consider the source of that quote in Sat. paper and it all makes (no)sense!!!

Once we also have to remember that the game is on a Friday the 13th. That increases the risk.

Johnny 5
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Same can be said about any team anywhere.

Cry me a river . . . was that a band that you guys brought? Looked like a pep squad.

And I dared anyone here to go unplug it, and no one took me up. Guess yall were to chicken to do it.

All talk no walk.

Once again, I dare someone to do it.

Johnny 5
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I can't believe RH made the playoffs! They must have turned it arround after week 2. Sinton will take care of business.

RH is about 60% sophomores, 25% juniors and 15% seniors. Very young team. They had a rough start playing high caliber teams right off the bat, but it helped them grow and mature.

The Bobcats that are playing in Week 11 are not the same Bobcats that played in Weeks 0-2. There is a huge marked difference.

RH does have a awesome band!!!

Thank you!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
RH is about 60% sophomores, 25% juniors and 15% seniors. Very young team. They had a rough start playing high caliber teams right off the bat, but it helped them grow and mature.

The Bobcats that are playing in Week 11 are not the same Bobcats that played in Weeks 0-2. There is a huge marked difference.

Thank you! :cheerl:

There you are. Good luck on Friday but I like the Pirates in this game. I'm leaning now more to atleast a 14 point win.

big daddy russ
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Cry me a river . . . was that a band that you guys brought? Looked like a pep squad.

And I dared anyone here to go unplug it, and no one took me up. Guess yall were to chicken to do it.

All talk no walk.

Once again, I dare someone to do it.
Now you're just tempting us. You're going to dare the wrong person one of these days.

Johnny 5
11-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Now you're just tempting us. You're going to dare the wrong person one of these days.

Because as a former band student, I still fear Mr. Garza, the band director . . . 11 years later.

If anyone tries it, it will not be pretty . . .

just sayin'

Johnny 5
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:cheerl:

There you are. Good luck on Friday but I like the Pirates in this game. I'm leaning now more to atleast a 14 point win.

I will say RH by 5 . . .

and good luck to the Pirates as well ;)

Always wanted to see RH vs Sinton

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Because as a former band student, I still fear Mr. Garza, the band director . . . 11 years later.

If anyone tries it, it will not be pretty . . .

just sayin'

It isn't gonna phase anyone in Sinton and trust me, if there is an issue it will be dealt with through the proper channels. :)

Have a safe trip. Look forward to meeting you.

12thMan
11-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Notice I did say they must have turned it around. If they were the same Bobcats, they wouldn't have made the playoffs, at least from what I saw. Looks like RH will be a team to watch the next two years!

pirate4state
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
RH is about 60% sophomores, 25% juniors and 15% seniors. Very young team.

According to your program you have 41 kids on varsity.

20 seniors out of 41 = 48.7%

12 juniors out of 41 = 29%

8 sophs out of 41 = 19.5%

1 fish out of 41 = 0.02%

I wouldn't exactly say that's a young team. Especially since those seniors & juniors played 13 games last year.

RH will have success running against us. We have given up a lot of yards on the ground. The question is will RH be able to stop us? I don't believe they will, just as you don't believe we will stop yall.

And yes, I've seen yall play and I'll say this...if La Feria had stuck to their air attack, we'd be talking about Sinton-v-La Feria. ;)

LE Dad
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I still fear Mr. Garza, the band director . THAT is just....

FUNNY!! :clap: :clap:

:D

Frontline Force
11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
According to your program you have 41 kids on varsity.

20 seniors out of 41 = 48.7%

12 juniors out of 41 = 29%

8 sophs out of 41 = 19.5%

1 fish out of 41 = 0.02%

I wouldn't exactly say that's a young team. Especially since those seniors & juniors played 13 games last year.

RH will have success running against us. We have given up a lot of yards on the ground. The question is will RH be able to stop us? I don't believe they will, just as you don't believe we will stop yall.

And yes, I've seen yall play and I'll say this...if La Feria had stuck to their air attack, we'd be talking about Sinton-v-La Feria. ;)

i guess the stats don't lie when you can stare them in the face...

Ingleside Fan
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Sinton Pirates by 14!:D

Lets go for a 31-3a sweep! :evilgrin:

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Sinton at home!!! Good Luck Rio Hondo:D

Sinton by 17

Cats Fan
11-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
THAT is just....

FUNNY!! :clap: :clap:

and true...I have seen Mr. Garza do things that a man like him should not be able to do!

Thinking this game will be a very close game, hopefully RH has enough to pull it out!

Johnny Utah
11-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Rio Hondo bobcat looks a lot like TEXAS STATES BOBCAT!!!!!

Cats Fan
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Rio Hondo bobcat looks a lot like TEXAS STATES BOBCAT!!!!!

thats cause it is...with RH colors of course

Johnny Utah
11-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh boy! Colleges dont care much about copyrighted logos unless it makes big time news. I am sure Rio Hondo and others have permission to use it.

Phil C
11-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Sinton Pirates by 14!:D

Lets go for a 31-3a sweep! :evilgrin:

Sounds good to me! Go 31-3A!

SintonFan
11-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I'll take the Sinton Pirates by 7!

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
:clap: :) :clap:

sinton66
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I would love to be at the first ever (to my knowledge) home playoff game for my Pirates, but unfortunately, I can't make two trips home in the same week. I'll have to cheer from here. My wife won't be there either, her mom's birthday is this weekend, so she'll be headed out west. So, come on Pirate faithfull, cheer loudly and make lots of noise for us too!
GO PIRATES!!!

maroonpirate04
11-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Can't wait til Friday:clap: :clap: The energy is gonna be pumpin' in the "Bonecrusher Arena". Glad i have season tickets for the 5th year in a row. Went to pick up my ticket yesterday. Everybody needs to wear maroon to support our guys.;) Show 'em what Maroon Power is all about, Maybe Jack Sparrow should make an appearance to show some spirit

FIRE UP YOUR CANNONS AND CONTROL YOUR ENEMY PIRATES!!

LE Dad
11-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Oh boy! Colleges dont care much about copyrighted logos unless it makes big time news. I am sure Rio Hondo and others have permission to use it. Try telling that to Texarkana Pleasant Grove. They were using a Hawk, similar to Iowa, for 25+ years. I don't guess PG had permission from the Hawkeyes and were forced to remove the Hawk image from all of the unis, gym floors, scoreboards and about a million other things.

The Grove offered to pay for license in order to continue use of the "Hawk" but Iowa would not consider it.

Classy move Hawkeyes

:clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Try telling that to Texarkana Pleasant Grove. They were using a Hawk, similar to Iowa, for 25+ years. I don't guess PG had permission from the Hawkeyes and were forced to remove the Hawk image from all of the unis, gym floors, scoreboards and about a million other things.

The Grove offered to pay for license in order to continue use of the "Hawk" but Iowa would not consider it.

Classy move Hawkeyes

:clap: :clap: That's garbage!! To hell w/ the Hawkasses...er....Hawkeyes.

I have seen over the years though. several schools that use logos that look similar to college logos and whatnot.

sinton66
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Uhm, what thread are you guys on?

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
http://pagebuildr.com/users/1294/upload/Image/LargepirateflaganimatedGIF.gif

maroonpirate04
11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/maroonpirate04/DSC00715.jpg

GO PIRATES GO!! :D :D :D

CueroGobblers
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Sinton Good luck on Friday play hard to the final whistle!!!! Lets go for the sweep!!!!

SINTON81
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I can't remember the last time I missed a game, but I will have to miss this one. I will be going out of town to attend a funeral.:( Come on Pieates, I want to see another game this year.

pirate4state
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I can't remember the last time I missed a game, but I will have to miss this one. I will be going out of town to attend a funeral.:( Come on Pieates, I want to see another game this year. :( Bummer.

Boys are very excited about a home playoff game. Place will be ROCKIN! :cheerl:

maroonpirate04
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Sinton should be on lockdown tomorrow:D :D :D And the entire community needs to wear maroon :D or the Sinton popo will be arresting residents for not wearing maroon:D :D

FmrPirate14
11-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Lets go Pirates

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Good luck tonight Sinton Pirates.. Show Rio Hondo how 31-3A rolls!!

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Sinton should be on lockdown tomorrow:D :D :D And the entire community needs to wear maroon :D or the Sinton popo will be arresting residents for not wearing maroon:D :D Our playoff shirts are black, but by all means, wear your maroon regular season shirt. :D

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Our playoff shirts are black, but by all means, wear your maroon regular season shirt. :D

GO PIRATES!!! :( oh well, i'll still by one but maroon would've been great.

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:( oh well, i'll still by one but maroon would've been great. we have sold out of all our short sleeve playoff shirts :cheerl:

we have plenty of long sleeve left though. ;)

Trying to get the right shade of maroon is hit & miss on shirts. It drives me crazy. I had every intention of getting maroon, but the design called for a black shirt. :D I think you'll recognize it. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Bobcats feeling confident vs. Sinton
Comments 0 | Recommend 1
November 12, 2009 11:13 PM
Armando Garza
RGVSports.com

SINTON — The records don’t suggest it, but the Rio Hondo Bobcats fully expect to compete and win tonight against the Sinton Pirates.

That’s half the battle.

The Cats (5-5) will try and accomplish the other half—on the field— against the 9-1 Pirates in their Class 3A Division-II bi-district game at Pirate Stadium.

“We feel good. We’ve watched a lot of film on Sinton and we’ve put in our work,” Rio Hondo head coach Rocky James said. “We’re ready to go and the kids are excited.”

After a 0-4 start, the Cats won five of their last six to claw their way back into the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. Rio Hondo finished in third place in District 32-3A.

They’ve done it by running the football with the chimera of Trevor David (730 yards rushing), Alan Garza (606) and quarterback Isaiah De la Cruz (697). The trio combined for 2,033 yards on the ground and formed a chunk of the offensive output.

“Basically it revolves around the offensive line. It all starts up front. They’ve opened some gaping holes for our running backs,” James said of the offense’s resurgence. “Trevor, Alan and Isaiah have done a great job of finding their blocks and running with the ball.”

On the other side, the Cats have been especially stingy against the run. Rio Hondo allowed an average of just over 80 yards per game on the ground during district play. An overachieving defensive line is backed up by one of the most talented linebacking crews around.

But they won’t have to worry too much about the run against Sinton.

The Pirates, who finished tied with Ingleside and Mathis atop 31-3A, like to throw it—a lot.

And they do it with a superb quarterback in Josh Harrison (2,559 yards, 27 TDs passing).

“He (Harrison) likes to throw the ball, they use the pass as their run game,” James said of Sinton. “It’s gonna be up to us to be able to cover them. It’s been nice that we’ve faced a few passing teams lately.”

Harrison’s main targets have been Ramsey Rivera (33 catches, 477 yards), Shane Segovia (25-458), Jeremy Laws (23-599) and Anthony Banda (22-212).

Rio Hondo hopes a non-league slate featuring Robstown, Cuero and Ingleside the past two years— in addition to last year’s playoff foes of Devine and Giddings helps his squad avoid any jitters tonight.

“Our juniors from last year have been to the third round and faced these Corpus-area teams,” James said. “We’ve faced nine teams in two years from that area and I think that plays a big role. A lot of kids get nervous, but our kids are excited.”

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Sinton 42 Rio Hondo 23

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
I think this game will be a lot closer than what most of our fans think. Rio Hondo is good, but we're better. :D

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maroonpirate04
11-13-2009, 05:07 PM
WHOOO HOOO!!! my heart is pumpin with full energy right now, can't wait already wanna go to the stadium and be the first one in line at the gate:D :D :D

Vrabird
11-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Probably show up when they are teeing it up. No hurry in getting there. Within walking distance from the house.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
WHOOO HOOO!!! my heart is pumpin with full energy right now, can't wait already wanna go to the stadium and be the first one in line at the gate:D :D :D :cheerl:

sinton66
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Dangit, I have to work tonight. Yell LOUD for me folks. Go Pirates!!

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Don't forget, you can get play-by-play updates via www.twitter.com/sintonpirates

See the rest of yall there. :)

Gobbla2001
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
If Sinton doesn't beat Rio Hondo by a pretty good margin I'll shave my whole body and post pics...

Everybody cheer for Sinton! :D

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If Sinton doesn't beat Rio Hondo by a pretty good margin I'll shave my whole body and post pics...

ROFL!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

FmrPirate14
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
I think Sinton wins 28-20

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
According to caller.com

Sinton 7

RH 0

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Sinton 7
RH 7

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 08:57 PM
sorry, i'll be in and out....

Sinton 14
RH 7

3:14 in the 1st

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 09:05 PM
end of 1st qtr

Sinton 14
RH 7

Sinton ball around their own 20

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
looks like neither team can get their offense going in the 2nd quarter... a lot of 3 and outs.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 09:30 PM
TD pass to Rivera!!

34 seconds in half

Sinton 21
RH 7

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
halftime

Sinton 21
RH 7

Ingleside Fan
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
halftime

Sinton 21
RH 7

31-3a sweep! Yes!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
halftime

Sinton 21
RH 7

Go Pirates GO!!!

Thanks for the updates SPF.:clap:

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
31-3a sweep! Yes!

Way too early...:(

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Good Job... Lets keep it going Sinton.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:05 PM
RH starts out 3rd qtr on offense

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
RH going for it on 4th and 10 from the Pirate 30

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
DEFENSE!!!!!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:13 PM
PIRATES HOLD!!

a hop, skip, and jump later....TD PASS TO SEGOVIA!!!

Sinton 28
RH 7

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM
7:37 left in 3rd qtr

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
PIRATES HOLD!!

a hop, skip, and jump later....TD PASS TO SEGOVIA!!!

Sinton 28
RH 7

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
Go Pirates!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:23 PM
well my 3adl crashed.... and while it was down RH scored. but Sinton blocked the kick.

Sinton 28
RH 13

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
well my 3adl crashed.... and while it was down RH scored. but Sinton blocked the kick.

Sinton 28
RH 13

It did the same thing for me.. Cmon Sinton Pirates

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Come on PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Updates?

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:32 PM
back and forth....

RH is driving around Pirate 35

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:36 PM
end of 3rd qtr

sinton 28
rh 13

rh ball at sinton 24 (3rd & 10)

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
end of 3rd qtr

sinton 28
rh 13

rh ball at sinton 24 (3rd & 10)

Cmon guys... holdem

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:38 PM
DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
TD RH.....2 pt conv good.

sinton 28
rh 21

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Cmon... O lets put some points on the board.

Ingleside Fan
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Go Pirates Kick some Bobcats butt!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Sinton punting. offense has been sketchy. lots of incomplete passes......i'm guessing they are bringing the kitchen sink with blitzes like oso last week

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Get them Pirates!!!
Take that momentum back!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :) :) :clap: :clap:

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:48 PM
RH has the ball at midfield....

3rd and 12.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
pass complete to Sinton 25.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
# Pass complete to Sinton 25. Dang!

1 minute ago from Twitterrific
# Qb around left side for 6. Motion penalty on RH. Qb dropped for a loss to RH 48. Timeout RH. 9:07 to go.

DEFENSE!!!!!!!!
DEFENSE!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:51 PM
DEFENSE!
DEFENSE!
DEFENSE!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Fumble at the 1. Pirate ball!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Fumble at the 1. Pirate ball!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:53 PM
TAKE IT TO THEM PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
COME ON PIRATES!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Cantu is always good late in the game powering it up the middle. he's like our Marion Barber. :)

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Cantu is always good late in the game powering it up the middle. he's like our Marion Barber. :)

LOL
I hope so!:D

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Cmon Sinton lets punch it in.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Pass to Rivera for first down. Penalty for celebration. First and 10 at the 10. Pass is intercepted and run back to 18.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Qb stopped for loss of 3.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Ahh man looks like the Defense has to win this game!!!!!!!!!
RH at the Sinton 18!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Third
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
n/m :o

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
DEFENSE!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!!!
DEFENSE!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Qb scrambles for 10 but brought back for holding penalty. 2nd and 23.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Incomplete pass..,.
Qb sacked for loss of 2.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Incomplete pass!! Pirate ball at 34. 2:23 to go.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!

RUN OUT THE TIME SINTON!!!!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 11:02 PM

That was big... Just hold onto the ball Sinton Pirates.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Cantu up middle for 1 yd. Rio Hondo timeout. 2:15 to go.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
That was big... Just hold onto the ball Sinton Pirates.

We need a 1st down.:)

SintonPirateFan
Cantu over right side for 4.

SintonPirateFan
Cantu up middle to 41. Injury timeout.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
3rd and 5!
WE NEED A FIRST DOWNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
4TH QTR: Mathis 27, Lyford 24

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
4TH QTR: Mathis 27, Lyford 24

Come on Mathis!

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Pirates letting clock run down. Pirates call timeout. 59 seconds to go.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Why would we call timeout w/59 ticks left?:confused:

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Punt goes down to the 22. 49 sec to go.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Why would we call timeout w/59 ticks left?:confused:

to let as much time run off the clock as possible before we punted...keep their offense off the field

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!
DEFENSE!!!

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
to let as much time run off the clock as possible before we punted...keep their offense off the field

I thought we had a 1st down...:(

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Penalty against Sinton of 5.
Pass for 4 yds.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Last pass was for 5. First down. Qb sacked.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Qb spikes ball. 12 sec.

SintonFan
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Cantu intercepts!!!! 2 sec to go.

SintonPirateFan
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Pirates kneeling. Game over.

Final score

Sinton 28
Rio Hondo 21

SintonFan
PIRATES INTERCEPT THE BALL AND KNEEL DOWN!!!!
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Thanks for the updates twitteriffic!
Final 28-21!!!!

SintonPirateFan
way to go Pirates!!

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
PIRATES INTERCEPT THE BALL AND KNEEL DOWN!!!!
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Thanks for the updates twitteriffic!
Final 28-21!!!!

Congrats Sinton Pirates. Now Mathis just needs to hold onto their lead and 31-3A will have their sweep!!!!

Ingleside Fan
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Pirates kneeling. Game over.

Final score

Sinton 28
Rio Hondo 21

Great Job Sinton Pirates!

Now lets go Mathis Pirates! Make a Sweep!!! Lets go 31-3a!!!!:clap:

PhiI C
11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I say Sinton wins 28 to 21. GO PIRATES!

WHAT A PROPHET!

:clap:

SintonFan
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
WHAT A PROPHET!

:clap:

LOL
I mentioned 7 points but not 28-21.
Ya da man Godfather!:thumbsup:

Johnny 5
11-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I will be waiting on those pics :D

pirate4state
11-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Rio Hondo's #44 & #7 played a great game! :clap:

We are facing yet another running team this week and we have work to do in 4 days. Get after it men!

Johnny 5
11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Rio Hondo's #44 & #7 played a great game! :clap:

We are facing yet another running team this week and we have work to do in 4 days. Get after it men!

I would have preferred them to leave #8 (the Freshman QB) in.

That fumble, from where I was sitting was highly questionable.

The refs sucked for both sides.

Oh well . . . story of the year lol

RH will be back next year, and I can't wait.

pirate4state
11-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I would have preferred them to leave #8 (the Freshman QB) in.

That fumble, from where I was sitting was highly questionable.

The refs sucked for both sides.

Oh well . . . story of the year lol

RH will be back next year, and I can't wait.

I try not to say anything about refs, but they did miss some stuff on both sides of the ball. I know we got away with a big PI and yall got away with mugging our receivers. Guess they can't see everything. LOL

Wasn't the score 28-7 in the 3rd? Field position, poor execution and your relentless D all aided in the final score.

Hats off to your team for never giving up!

pirate4state
11-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Sinton punting. offense has been sketchy. lots of incomplete passes......i'm guessing they are bringing the kitchen sink with blitzes like oso last week Lots of dropped balls :doh: some passes were off mark, but a lot of them were drops.

Johnny 5
11-14-2009, 12:33 PM
. . .

Wasn't the score 28-7 in the 3rd? Field position, poor execution and your relentless D all aided in the final score.

Hats off to your team for never giving up!

Thanks. Sinton did excellent when everything went right. The only real problems I saw were the tackles let the DE's around the back too often, which pressured the QB to throw early or scoot forward, which put him in a major bind (tackle or throw the ball away . . . or make weird throws). Sinton's run D was better than we thought it was going to be, but the pass D was . . . off.

Just saying from what I saw.

And dang that QB makes loooong strides when he runs. We were laughing because he can just dive forward and get 5 yards just on the length of his body. lol and him holding for the FG's was hilarious as well, as he was as tall as the kicker was . . . but he was kneeling down.

Two questions . . . has yalls punting been sketchy this year?

And the kick offs (and xp's for that matter) . . . is that what Sinton normally looks like on kicks? I found it funny how both teams were kicking it to the same area all damn game heh heh.

pirate4state
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks. Sinton did excellent when everything went right. The only real problems I saw were the tackles let the DE's around the back too often, which pressured the QB to throw early or scoot forward, which put him in a major bind (tackle or throw the ball away . . . or make weird throws). Sinton's run D was better than we thought it was going to be, but the pass D was . . . off.

Just saying from what I saw.

And dang that QB makes loooong strides when he runs. We were laughing because he can just dive forward and get 5 yards just on the length of his body. lol and him holding for the FG's was hilarious as well, as he was as tall as the kicker was . . . but he was kneeling down.

Two questions . . . has yalls punting been sketchy this year?

And the kick offs (and xp's for that matter) . . . is that what Sinton normally looks like on kicks? I found it funny how both teams were kicking it to the same area all damn game heh heh.

haha yeah we always tell Josh if he is going down to just fall forward! :D He towers over everyone. It's funny when the RBs are in the backfield with him.

We lost our punter to a broken leg in the Ingleside game. #19 had 2 good punts, then had 2 bad one and he was playing on offense & defense, I think he just got tired and was nursing a leg injury of some sort.

As far as our kicking game...yeah....and that's all I'll say. :D

Johnny 5
11-14-2009, 12:40 PM
. . .

As far as our kicking game...yeah....and that's all I'll say. :D

I hear you . . . in the same boat here (no Pirate joke intended lol). Ours has actually improved over the season and can make XP's consistently when the line blocks :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I hear you . . . in the same boat here (no Pirate joke intended lol). Ours has actually improved over the season and can make XP's consistently when the line blocks :D Sinton kicker as a sophmore went 42 for 47 in extra points and 1 for 1 in FGs. He's 32 for 36 this year and 2 for 2 in FGs. So for his two years is 74 for 81 in extra points and 3 for 3 in FGs. Some luck helps but hes coming through in the clutch.