PDA

View Full Version : IS MARION THE WORST TEAM IN 3AAA???

jgbulldog
09-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Wow. It sure is a shame that Marion comes off its best season in in 01-02, to go 3-7 last year, and to start off 0-2 this year!! And then Marion decides to bring in an "all-world" coach from defending state finalist New Braunfels, who was supposed to turn the program around in his first season. Yet, they lose their first two games by a margin of 86-20! All I can say is WOW! La Vernia, please send us some talent!! Or even better, just send us some pity and maybe let us score against you in the season finale. And what a bunch of wussies on this team. The starting nose-guard, AKA the toughest guy on the team, lays "motionless" on the field for 10 mins, while an ambulance was brought out, only to get up on his own free will and walk away harm-free. WOW. Not to mention the 10 other players for the bulldogs who had to leave the game because of injuries! WOW. How about you guys drop your gonads, and actually play some football. And oh yeah, Hey, head coach, I hope that your "1 season turnaround" comes into affect by the time my little brother, who by the way is in 7th grade, gets to be on varsity, so that he might actually be able to experience a winning season. And I can tell you that the only way thats gonna happen, is if your team gets moved back down to 2AAA. GO BULLDOGS!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Actually, I think Marion could beat Progreso.

toby070
09-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Geez JP, you're a piece of work...ready to fire a coach after two frickin games?

I don't know about "all-world," but Scott is a good coach, played for Wacker at SWT, and more than a good coach, is a devoted Christian and is a great guy. If the rednecks don't make him regret his decision and run him off, he'll get the best out of what he's got in Marion.

Two frickin weeks....amazing

Bandera YaYa
09-12-2003, 12:05 PM
OK, lets just hang on to our pants. You are not the only one going thru growing pains....you gotta hang tough....pump them up so they know you have faith and don't just start blaming the coaches....it takes time and alot of hard work when getting new leadership...most of all don't give up on the boys...or they will give up on themselves and then you'll have zip.

Chief Woodman
09-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Dude...if you go there or are a fan...most of what you said should be said in private. Nothing hurts a team more than to start finger pointing in public, even if your assesment is right. If you are not man enough to say it in private to your teamates and coaches, don't be childish enough to do it in public.
As far as the injuries go, the old thinking of "Suck it up" gets folks seriously injured every year. So unless you are a Doctor and know they were faking, your judgement is a little harsh. If they doctors and or trainers evaluated the player and called an ambulance, then he either was not faking of had a stnger that mimiced a serious injury. Lighten up.

everman_guy
09-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Look in 8-3A, you will find a couple of teams they can beat.

TexDoc
09-12-2003, 01:02 PM
How is a coach supposed to turn everything around in one year? And, how can you judge a team after two games? He's a darned good coach, but DW Rutledge can't even win without talent!

this is the way we ball
09-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Why did he take the job if he knew he was going to get crushed every week?

Chief Woodman
09-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Even the best coach around cannot turn things around and win without enough talent. It takes time to get the ball rolling. Look at Biil Parcells. Even the winingest coach in HS history is not undefeated this year, his second season at Pilot Point. That does not mean that he will not change things eventually. The more talent there is, the quicker the turn around.

toby070
09-13-2003, 11:13 AM
JP has been on the board a long time, and this is typical for him. He's the same one who griped about Tobola, another good guy and good coach, relentlessly. He's also one of a couple of Marion folks who talked smak two years ago before the Marion/Wimberley playoff game, and then said that Wimberley had a bunch of kids juicing (again, ridiculous) after Wimberley drilled them.

The Marion teams I've seen play have played to the best of their ability. Other than the above mnetioned playoff game, they've always given Wimberley's best teams fits.

JP, it's your right to complain about coaches, even if you're wrong (and you are) but try to at least remember that a lot of football players post or at least read stuff in here. These ar K-I-D-S, moron. What the hell are you like at games? I love Marion, there are a lot of great kids and down-to-earth, classy people there, so I'm guessing you wouldn't be too hard to pick out in the crowd.

TXMike
09-13-2003, 11:47 AM
If I am not mistaken, Coach Forester is in his first ever season as a head coach and on top of that he is the Athletic Director. I suspect he is going through a real learning process and that will take some time before he is comfortable. On top of that, he has not had any time to get his system in or to get the kids at lower levels into the system yet.

Anyone who would give up on the Coach or his kids that quick probably ought to find something else to do on Friday night instead of going to the game. I doubt they need your negative energy around.

toby070
09-13-2003, 11:58 AM
TX Mike, I believe you're right, Scott was an assistant at New Bruanfels, but this is his first head coaching job.

District303aPastPlayer
09-13-2003, 12:11 PM
TexDoc:
He's a darned good coach, but DW Rutledge can't even win without talent!this is true... and you are wrong for pointing fingers like that...

xlr8tor
09-13-2003, 10:05 PM
No, Marion isn't the worst 3A team in the state. Go see teams like Ft. Stockton, Slaton, Dalhart, Smithville, Progresso, or Kountze play. Maybe you'll feel a little better. Just my take.

turbostud
09-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Dont forget about Whitesboro. They havent made the playoffs since 1936. My nephew is an 8th grader there and this is what he has to look forward to. 4 years of getting thumped by Gainesville, Celina, and Pilot Point unless realignment changes things for the better.

GoForIt
09-13-2003, 10:30 PM
In a word, Smithville.

jgbulldog
09-15-2003, 09:16 AM
Hey toby, what does Forrester being a good guy and a christian have to do with him being a good coach?? Are you telling me that Billy Grahm and Mother Theresa could take the Marion Bulldogs and turn them around?? Im happy that we have one of the good guys, (Forrester) in our program, I just dont think he has what it takes to make this team win, and he defineitely isnt living up to all his hype. And you said that I always harped on Tobola, who was a good guy and a good coach, What the hell are you talking about?? Coach Tobola is quite possibly the worst coach ever, and thats why the people of Marion booted his A$$ Get Real!!! And oh yeah, Luling 57-Marion 0 Go Dogs!

TXMike
09-15-2003, 10:18 AM
I am not Toby but I am going to answer. A man's (or woman's) character has a TON to do with them being a good coach. Coaching at the HS level is NOT about how many games you win. It is about developing young people to assume their place in a civilized society. Many a coach has managed to hold on to a job even though his teams lose frequently because he is a proven character builder. (And yes I know there are also some pathetic places where all that counts is winning.)

The more I read from you the more I wonder about the coaches YOU had?!??!?

Gobbla2001
09-15-2003, 12:08 PM
Geez, be patient people...

I don't think Marion has it this year, give 'em another year to make a decent run AT the playoffs, and another year after that to get it...

That's what's wrong with this world today, people want results and they want them NOW, no matter what it takes to get 'em...

Sometimes the best things in life have to wait, so it won't do you any good to 'rush' 'em...

Now, if it were Bobby Bowden taking over, he'd have the state title by the first scrimmage...

toby070
09-16-2003, 01:20 PM
jgbulldog:
Hey toby, what does Forrester being a good guy and a christian have to do with him being a good coach?? Are you telling me that Billy Grahm and Mother Theresa could take the Marion Bulldogs and turn them around?? Im happy that we have one of the good guys, (Forrester) in our program, I just dont think he has what it takes to make this team win, and he defineitely isnt living up to all his hype. And you said that I always harped on Tobola, who was a good guy and a good coach, What the hell are you talking about?? Coach Tobola is quite possibly the worst coach ever, and thats why the people of Marion booted his A$$ Get Real!!! And oh yeah, Luling 57-Marion 0 Go Dogs!Well if Billy Graham played for Wacker and coached for a good program such as New Braunfels he'd be a good coach. What you have with Scott is a guy who will treat your players fairly and maybe teach them something and win some games along the way. As for the hype, he's not the type to hype himself, soooooo maybe you should give him a little time before you pass judgement. As for Tobola, I'll repeat that the Marion teams I saw were fundamentally very solid, and in my mind, he got the max from the talent on board. Wimberley always knew they were going to have a ballgame when they played Marion, and although you had size, you didn't have skill/speed that matched Slaughter/Meeks. Maybe good coaching helped even things up a bit?

One thing I can tell you about Scott is that he will be the first one to acknowledge if he isn't doing the job...ego will not get in the way, so reserve judgement for just a little while before you put any "for sale" signs in his yard.

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2003, 07:16 PM
The bottom half of 13-3A

super1
09-16-2003, 07:47 PM
It was Luling 54 Marion 0. Not 57-0.

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: super1 ]</small>

super1
09-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Anyone know anything about players leaving the team?

jgbulldog
09-19-2003, 08:49 AM
What players left what team?

super1
09-19-2003, 10:02 AM
The Varsity. Just heard a rumor.

Chief Woodman
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Worst teams and programs in 3A

Slaton 34 straight losses
South San Antonio West 31 straight losses
Godley 16 straight losses
Pearsall 16 straight losses
Smithville 14 straight losses

CRHSeagle
09-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Im amazed we havent been mentioned yet....

toby070
11-09-2003, 11:36 PM
JG Bulldog, sorry to dig back so far, but I am wondering if your opinion of Scott Forrester has changed at all.....

bulldogvet85
11-10-2003, 12:50 AM
jg you dont post anything that is worth while to read all you do is get on here an bash marion and all the coaches they have and all the players. you dont post about anything else either. the only time you get on here is when marion gets a little success you come and bash them. everyone is right you were the one who got on here talking crap about wimberley and you did slam tobola. Get over it now you are out of high school if you dont like it who cares you dont have to deal with it. grow up!!!

Wildcat81
11-10-2003, 01:34 AM
I don't know about Marion,but Huntington is pretty
bad.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg