PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Band

maroonpirate04
11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Now that the regular season is over, which band you enjoyed watching from the stands or the halftime show. Besides your team's band. I enjoyed watching West Oso :) No matter it was the last game for the bears they were enjoying themsleves. They can dance darn good;) from the stands. I thought there drumline were awesome:thumbsup: during halftime

Global Swarming
11-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not one who enjoys halftime shows. Nothing has changed after last night. But my friend and I were talking last night about how impressed we were with the Yoe band. They have alot of sound and just meshed really well together.

LE Dad
11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Paris North Lamar was very good. They had close to 60 kids playing instruments. Great sound and solid marching. Pittsburg has good Military band, though I am not a huge fan of military style.

maroonpirate04
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Paris North Lamar was very good. They had close to 60 kids playing instruments. Great sound and solid marching. Pittsburg has good Military band, though I am not a huge fan of military style.

That reminds me West Oso is a small band also but they did have a great sound. They played like a big band would play loud

Blastoderm55
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Fal's band played awesome last night. Their horn section is superb and they have a great overall sound. They've always had a really good band program.

Yoe_09
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I'm not one who enjoys halftime shows. Nothing has changed after last night. But my friend and I were talking last night about how impressed we were with the Yoe band. They have alot of sound and just meshed really well together.

Yeah the band director for the Yoe has cleaned house big time. I really dont know how much longer he will be here but he is making the band one of the top in the state.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Rio Hondo band has been the best the last 3 years i've heard them without a doubt.

michaelp23
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Not a 3A band, but Frenship's band was the best I saw this year. It was a big, loud, traditional marching style band. They were the best band I've ever seen at Wylie's Bulldog stadium!

maroonpirate04
11-07-2009, 03:57 PM
That's what i like about the schools from 5A or 4A they tend to be great and have their unique style of music they also play today's music from the radio alot of hip hop or pop music

squid
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
they also play today's music from the radio alot of hip hop or pop music

thats usually the time that I start throwing dirt clods towards the field.

grmfan93
11-07-2009, 04:59 PM
graham and wylie did a thing last week where the two bands got together and played thriller...so if it counts i would say the two of them together

SintonFan
11-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by squid
thats usually the time that I start throwing dirt clods towards the field.

I agree!:clap:

TheDOCTORdre
11-07-2009, 11:34 PM
My favorite band is Rubber

CHS_Grad '85
11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
The best show I saw this season at a game was by Copperas Cove "Jesus Christ Superstar" - man, that gave me chills... but the best performance was by Marcus "A Midsummer Night's Dream"... (only watched 5A :( )