PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/Needville

sTx
11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
The tigers are 10-0 and district champs, needville coming off of a loss to Brookshire Royal......thoughts on this game

BRfalconfan
11-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Needville couldn't contain royals speedy back so they aren't about to contain sealys

Luv My Tigers
11-07-2009, 01:18 PM
The Tigers have done us proud once again. Definitely gotta go with the black and gold on this one!

sTx
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
What is needvilles record??????

BRfalconfan
11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by sTx
What is needvilles record??????

Im pretty sure its 7 and 3

buff4ever
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Needville is going to wish they didn't make the playoffs for this game. :D

And as annoying as this sounds, I will beat the annoying to it.......JIMMIE GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU, and you ain't going to like it.

Luv My Tigers
11-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to the Sealy Tigers - District Champs!

Matthew328
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
When and where is this one?

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
FDriday 13th 7:30 at Traylor Stadium in Rosenberg.

1st and goal
11-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Sealy will roll.

Aesculus gilmus
11-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Sealy will be the better-rested team because of their Posturepedic® mattresses.

Traylor Stadium, huh? That's likely going to be the name of the one here, too, someday. ;)

Blue42
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Sealy will be the better-rested team because of their Posturepedic® mattresses.

Traylor Stadium, huh? That's likely going to be the name of the one here, too, someday. ;)
Now thats funny I dont care who you are.
Posturepedics by 10

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I feel like Needville will keep this game closer than everyone thinks.

If Sealy comes out flat like they've done a few times this year early....Needville could capitalize as they play very fundamentally sound football. But if they allow Sealy to get on track early, I'm afraid it'll be a long night for my Jays as they've struggled against teams w/ speed.

GO NEEDVILLE!!!!

sTx
11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I think its gonna be one long night for needville

gambler1606
11-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry IHSTANG, The only way Needville would have a chance in this game, is if the Sealy bus broke down and couldn't get the players to the game. Sealy will have a tune-up game before they meet up with Cuero. My prediction on the Sealy/LaGrange game was 40 to 32 Sealy, so I wasn't off by much. Final score was 38 to 31 Sealy. My predictions is Sealy 64 Needville 17!!!

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
I'm sorry IHSTANG, The only way Needville would have a chance in this game, is if the Sealy bus broke down and couldn't get the players to the game. Sealy will have a tune-up game before they meet up with Cuero. My prediction on the Sealy/LaGrange game was 40 to 32 Sealy, so I wasn't off by much. Final score was 38 to 31 Sealy. My predictions is Sealy 64 Needville 17!!! LOL...I guess we'll have to wait and see. I realize that this is a tough obstacle for the Jays to overcome...but stranger things have happened.....Ask Gilmer.

As far as 64-17, you may be right...but I doubt it.

thepicker
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry to the Blue Jays, but I think they have no chance. In the match up last year in Rd 1, Sealy dominated with their speed, making Needville look like they were running in concrete. Tigers are even faster this year, and well they did win the toughest district in the state. Needville got 3rd in an average district. Not going to even be close.

Seeing the final in this one:

Sealy 49

Needville 10

1st and goal
11-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

If Sealy comes out flat like they've done a few times this year early....Needville could capitalize as they play very fundamentally sound football. But if they allow Sealy to get on track early, I'm afraid it'll be a long night for my Jays as they've struggled against teams w/ speed.

GO NEEDVILLE!!!!

IHStangfan, you are up against an army of Sealy posters. Some are really good fans of the game and contribute greatly to this board. Some of them are not so gracious winners as the rest of them. (Many of them are newcomers.) Needville will have to play their best game of the year and have a bit of luck to win. But, they can win. Just that it'll take an extreme effort.

I still think Sealy would be a 2-3 TD favorite. Hope no one gets hurt and everyone makes it home safely.

Coach BS
11-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Sealy in a landslide

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I Needville will have to play their best game of the year and have a bit of luck to win. But, they can win. Just that it'll take an extreme effort.

I still think Sealy would be a 2-3 TD favorite. Hope no one gets hurt and everyone makes it home safely. Oh absolutely. That's only to be expected, and as it should be. Sealy coming in undefeated and whatnot, and D25 being considered one of the toughest districts in 3A. But I remember a few years back when we played Navasota in the playoffs and we going blow for blow w/ them in the 1st Q....then our big game RB separated his shoulder.....after that....Navasota destroyed us. My point being....things can happen that could greatly change the outcome of a game. We just never know.

I hate admitting it openly, but it'll take a near miracle for the Jays to pull it off....but I'll be cheering them on none the less!!

GO JAYS!!

gobbler grad
11-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Sealy by a whole bunch...:thinking:

zebrablue2
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Sealy by a whole bunch...:thinking:

i am with ya!!:iagree: as many as jimmy wants......

sTx
11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh absolutely. That's only to be expected, and as it should be. Sealy coming in undefeated and whatnot, and D25 being considered one of the toughest districts in 3A. But I remember a few years back when we played Navasota in the playoffs and we going blow for blow w/ them in the 1st Q....then our big game RB separated his shoulder.....after that....Navasota destroyed us. My point being....things can happen that could greatly change the outcome of a game. We just never know.

I hate admitting it openly, but it'll take a near miracle for the Jays to pull it off....but I'll be cheering them on none the less!!

GO JAYS!!

well at least ur a real fan and dont give up on ur team.....and like you said anyting can happen :D

Ex-Kat52
11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I like what I hear. Sealy by a lot, and no way Needville can win. I am predicting upset.

Tiger Turtle
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Does sound like the classic formula for overconfidence, doesn't it? Hope the Tiggers don't start looking forward to Cuero and take the Jays too lightly.

onsideanytime
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
you are all correct there is no chance for nerdville, sealy way to fast for the jays, jays will be big underdogs in this one, just the way they like it, but that is why you play the game, hey sealy posters- heard one of the downey's didnt play against lagrange, did he cuss one of the coaches out or threaten to beat someone up and got suspended for the game, just wondering?

sTx
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
#3 downey sat out friday because of a minor ankle injury.... and his backup is solid enough to start most anywhere else...no cussing out coaches or anyting of that nature just restin up :D

Body
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Sealy wins big. 45-21

onsideanytime
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM
oh o.k., i just heard some rumors then

sTx
11-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
oh o.k., i just heard some rumors then

yeah not suprised people love to make stuff up about successful teams :mad: :D

pirate4state
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Does sound like the classic formula for overconfidence, doesn't it? Hope the Tiggers don't start looking forward to Cuero and take the Jays too lightly. Always by the fans. Hell, I'm looking forward to a Cuero/Sealy matchup! :D

No disrespect intended to the Jays, nor does this mean I don't think they can't pull off the upset. Just as a fan, would LOVE to see this game.

pancho villa
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Needville 35
Sealy 14

sTx
11-09-2009, 10:56 AM
^^^^^^:lies: :fnypost: :thmbdwn: :smoker:

pancho villa
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by sTx
^^^^^^:lies: :fnypost: :thmbdwn: :smoker:

You on crack?

sTx
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM
nah but no way sealy D gives up 35 to needville and The O only puts up fourteen

Ex-Kat52
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't know if Sealy can hold the Jays to under 35. The Jays have moved the ball at will against spread teams. I think that they will do the same against Sealy. I think that Sealy's offense is better than 14, but I know that the Jays DC will get them in the right direction this week. I would say Needville 35 Sealy 28.

sTx
11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
8/28/09 TBA @ Second Baptist (Houston, TX) (TBA) 57-17 (W)
9/04/09 TBA @ Hempstead (Hempstead, TX) 45-6 (W)
9/11/09 TBA @ Rice (Altair, TX) 25-6 (W)
9/18/09 TBA vs. Royal (Brookshire, TX) 64-37 (W)
9/25/09 TBA vs. St. Pius X (Houston, TX) 45-24 (W)
10/09/09 TBA vs. Giddings (Giddings, TX) * 30-18 (W)
10/16/09 TBA @ Columbus (Columbus, TX) * 41-6 (W)
10/23/09 TBA vs. Smithville (Smithville, TX) * 49-28 (W)
10/30/09 7:30 PM vs. Bellville (Bellville, TX) * 45-34 (W)
11/06/09 TBA @ La Grange (La Grange, TX) * 38-31 (W)

only one game where sealy scored under 28 and and only gave up above 35 once.... i dont see needville scoring too much or containing downey #5

:)

StangEm
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
My prediction:

Tiggers 42
Jays 7

SHSBulldog00
11-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Needville may not win but the Jay's will give 110%.

jp744
11-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I think it will be a blow out. Needville has had a great year. Sealy is just very good. I just hope the Sealy Cuero matchup will be in San Antonio at the Dome. Perfect place for two of the best teams in the region to play. It is sad that these two teams have to match up so early. IMO this is the regional championship game. I don't think their is any other team in the bracket that can match Sealy besides Cuero. Cuero beat them last year and they will be looking to avenge their loss.

sTx
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
yeah but lets not overlook needville we gotta beat them to get to cuero :D

Tiger Turtle
11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
"The Jays have moved the ball at will against spread teams."

Uh, I didn't think Sealy ran a spread DEFENSE...

Ex-Kat52
11-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I understand that they don't run the spread on Defense, thanks for the update though.

Teams that run the spread consistently have a tendency to be soft up front. Needville is very physical and will run the ball down hill. I think that Sealy has run the spread, and played teams that with the exception of Giddings have run the spread. I don't see them being ready for a team that will physically push them around. I just hope that the tigers are not looking past what will prove to be one of the more physical teams that they have seen all year.

sports mom
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Kat52
[B I don't see them being ready for a team that will physically push them around. I just hope that the tigers are not looking past what will prove to be one of the more physical teams that they have seen all year. [/B]

Needville physically pushing the TIGERS around...........that won't happen. :tisk:

Tiger Dad
11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Hey Kat I just checked yall's awesome wins on the year. You beat according to the Houston Chronicle, 3- 2 win teams, 3 - 4 win teams, and a 5-5 team. Sealy should be very scared. The worst team we played would kill yall.

Sealy 56
Needville 17

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
The worst team we played would kill yall. Not sure how you figure that one considering we beat Columbus and were about 2 minutes away from beating La Grange.

:thinking:

We down here in Needville recognize that Sealy has one heck of a team and that we're facing a daunting challenge.....but your above claim is unsubstantiated and quite frankly kinda silly.

Go ahead and do us a favor and keep that mentality and look past us, we're okay w/ that.

:thumbsup:

Tiger Dad
11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
What team with a winning record have yall beaten? It does not matter if I am overconfident. I'm not a player.

sTx
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
needvilles schedule

Date Time Opponent Result
8/28/09 7:30 AM vs. Worthing (Houston, TX) 21-0 (W)
9/04/09 7:30 AM @ Splendora (Splendora, TX) 42-14 (W)
9/11/09 TBA @ La Grange (La Grange, TX) 22-28 (L)
9/18/09 TBA vs. Columbus (Columbus, TX) 27-13 (W)
9/25/09 7:30 AM vs. Tidehaven (El Maton, TX) 41-14 (W)
10/09/09 TBA @ Columbia (West Columbia, TX) * 33-14 (W)
10/16/09 TBA vs. Wharton (Wharton, TX) * 20-15 (W)
10/23/09 TBA @ Sweeny (Sweeny, TX) * 6-28 (L)
10/30/09 TBA vs. Stafford (Stafford, TX) * 62-34 (W)
11/06/09 TBA @ Royal (Brookshire, TX) * 28-34 (L)

anyone who wants to post records of them feel free

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
What team with a winning record have yall beaten? It does not matter if I am overconfident. I'm not a player. Okay...fair enough, but it DOES make you look like an obnoxious jack*ss. The kids in Needville will show up on Friday night and play hard as they always do & hopefully pay little mind to you and the likes of who openly try to diminish what they've done on the field this year just because they aren't 10-0 like your Tigers. You set a fine example, which also makes it a little clearer to me why some of the things that have happened in Sealy in the past may be happening. :rolleyes:

Tiger Dad
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I responded to a post about Sealy getting pushed around by your o line. I cite stats and you start crying. Congrats to Needville's players for making the playoffs they don't make the schedule. You sure are cool because you have 10,000 posts. That makes you so smart. You've been a Sealy hater all year. Typical poster "Sealy did this or that in the past". You have no knowledge of anything in Sealy. Come on which year did Sealy rub your nose in the sandbox?

IHStangFan
11-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I responded to a post about Sealy getting pushed around by your o line. I cite stats and you start crying. Congrats to Needville's players for making the playoffs they don't make the schedule. You sure are cool because you have 10,000 posts. That makes you so smart. You've been a Sealy hater all year. Typical poster "Sealy did this or that in the past". You have no knowledge of anything in Sealy. Come on which year did Sealy rub your nose in the sandbox? This is what I responded to....and I quote you...

"Hey Kat I just checked yall's awesome wins on the year. You beat according to the Houston Chronicle, 3- 2 win teams, 3 - 4 win teams, and a 5-5 team. Sealy should be very scared. The worst team we played would kill yall."

Not so much you quoting stats...but the real classy way you chose to do so.

I don't think I've been a Sealy hater......but....whatever.

You can go back a page or two and see where I paid Sealy the respect they deserve and acknowledged that this is a huge obstacle for Needville. Go back a little further and you'll see where I say Sealy is by all means the favorite and rightfully so....etc. etc. etc.

So who's the "hater"?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
calm down fellow sealy folk... Do not look past Needville... it's playoffs... throw records out the window... everyone is 0-0. With that said, sealy will play hard and like the champions they are, the will get needville's best, i expect nothing less than needvilles best. If sealy plays like the team that they are... they will roll.

Mojado
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
calm down fellow sealy folk... Do not look past Needville... it's playoffs... throw records out the window... everyone is 0-0. With that said, sealy will play hard and like the champions they are, the will get needville's best, i expect nothing less than needvilles best. If sealy plays like the team that they are... they will roll.

Nah... Sealy is the real deal and Needville just aint that good... Don't throw records out the window... Yall earned those 10 W's

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
Nah... Sealy is the real deal and Needville just aint that good... Don't throw records out the window... Yall earned those 10 W's

haha thank you we did go through a tough district :)

zebrablue2
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
This is what I responded to....and I quote you...

"Hey Kat I just checked yall's awesome wins on the year. You beat according to the Houston Chronicle, 3- 2 win teams, 3 - 4 win teams, and a 5-5 team. Sealy should be very scared. The worst team we played would kill yall."

Not so much you quoting stats...but the real classy way you chose to do so.

I don't think I've been a Sealy hater......but....whatever.

You can go back a page or two and see where I paid Sealy the respect they deserve and acknowledged that this is a huge obstacle for Needville. Go back a little further and you'll see where I say Sealy is by all means the favorite and rightfully so....etc. etc. etc.

So who's the "hater"?

:clap: and more cowbell PLEASE---LOL....

gambler1606
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
IHSTANG, I commend you on sticking up for your team! I tip my hat to the Jay's, they had a good season, and everyone in Needville should be proud of the team. We never never take a team lightly. I promise you that!!! Sealy is a lot better than they were last year and the players understand that hard work and preperation is what it takes to be a champion. Good luck to the Bluejays! Sealy 64 Needville 17

Spread It Out
11-10-2009, 10:27 PM
What position does Coach Jamie Valentine hold in Needville on the coaching staff? I know that when he left Bellville it had a profound effect on the team. He was the best coach I've ever had in my life, and quite frankly the best teacher as well. One of the most influential human beings to ever walk this earth.

Now to be on topic, I think Sealy should win this game handily; but they don't play the game on paper. Football is a game of matchups and it doesn't matter if Team A beat Team B and Team C came 2 minutes away from beating Team B. None of that matters come playoff time. The playoffs are about the 3 best teams from every district in the state and you're going to have to play a hell of a game to win, no matter who the opposition. Sealy is having their best year since the 4-peat in the 90's and is LOADED with talent. Personally, I haven't seen the Bluejays play this year but I know they have a man on their sidelines wearing a headset who can motivate anybody on this Earth to go out and get the job done. Goodluck to both teams and may you both have an injury free game!

IHStangFan
11-10-2009, 10:56 PM
IHSTANG, I commend you on sticking up for your team! I tip my hat to the Jay's, they had a good season, and everyone in Needville should be proud of the team. We never never take a team lightly. I promise you that!!! Sealy is a lot better than they were last year and the players understand that hard work and preperation is what it takes to be a champion. Good luck to the Bluejays! Sealy 64 Needville 17 And my hats off to the Tigers as well....I never had any doubt that they wouldn't be where they are right now. You can go back in the archives and see where....when Mitchell arrived in Sealy...I said it would only be a matter of time before they were back on top. With that said...I just don't think the score will be that lopsided. I could be totally wrong though, I have been once...MAYBE twice. :D

Good luck to both teams, and GO JAYS!!

onsideanytime
11-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Valentine is the DC @ Needville, spread you are exactly right about him, he has that defense playing at high level

teetle
11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Jimmie, hes donts take any team lightly. He knows what he be doing. He got something for Needville and theys not gonna like it He gonna makes them like it. He be good that way. Needville a good football team. Rork gots them going. Theys just not going goods enough to beats the Tigers. Go Tigers.:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

garciap77
11-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Needville will roll.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mojado
11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Needville will roll.

Maybe into town... but that's it... What a brutal matchup... Sealy takes em to the woodshed early. Downey and Co. watch the second half and Jimmy and Co. probably stay in the locker room and eat hotdogs till the game is over...

Sealy - 54
The Other Team - 6

teetle
11-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Needville wills roll. Theys be rolling out the Basketballs nextes week. Jimmie gonna see to that. :bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

Rocket
11-11-2009, 01:55 PM

GO NEEDVILLE!!!!

Needville pulls off the stunner.

hookandladder
11-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Needville may keep it close for a while however after playing both teams this year Sealy has way to much talent for Needville and with Coach Jimmy they have good coaching also. Hands down in my opinion Sealy was the most talented team in our District, they may have as much or more then when they made their run in the 90"s. If they get by Cuero which right now I would pick them to win, I would say they have a great shot at winning it all. Sealy by 3 or 4 Td's, Sorry IHStangfan if I am wrong I will give credit where credit is due.

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Needville may keep it close for a while however after playing both teams this year Sealy has way to much talent for Needville and with Coach Jimmy they have good coaching also. Hands down in my opinion Sealy was the most talented team in our District, they may have as much or more then when they made their run in the 90"s. If they get by Cuero which right now I would pick them to win, I would say they have a great shot at winning it all. Sealy by 3 or 4 Td's, Sorry IHStangfan if I am wrong I will give credit where credit is due. I sure hope you are wrong!! :doh:

teetle
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Jimmie gonna stun Rork likes Steve Austin use to dos. Tigers way too strongs for Bluebirds. Jimmie know what he be doing. Tigers roll. Bluebirds get plucked.:D :eek: :bigcry:

Rocket
11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
The best team doesn't always win. Especially in the playoffs.

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Jimmie gonna stun Rork likes Steve Austin use to dos. Tigers way too strongs for Bluebirds. Jimmie know what he be doing. Tigers roll. Bluebirds get plucked.:D :eek: :bigcry: LOL!!! T, do you realize you just used a Steve Austin reference?! :D

Freakin AWESOME, LOL. (high-five!!)

teetle
11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Do he be like Chuck Norris? Jimmie kind a likes that. Chuck Norris, he be knowing what he doing to. Needville real goods. but just not goods enough. Tigers win big. :D :eek: :bigcry:

Daddy D 11
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Go Sealy! Beat Needville like LH did back in 04 or 05, can't remember which year.

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Go Sealy! Beat Needville like LH did back in 04 or 05, can't remember which year. HEY...come on now man!!!! :D

Daddy D 11
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
HEY...come on now man!!!! :D

Hey, LH isn't in the playoffs this year...I gotta pull things out from some where:p

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Hey, LH isn't in the playoffs this year...I gotta pull things out from some where:p LOL....alright alright....I'll let it slide. ;)

957tiger
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Good luck to all the Tigers. Especially those I have had the pleasure of knowing for most of their lives. I've watched you boys grow up and come together as a team. From your days of playing flag football, to 7on7, to the first tackle teams you boys played on. And don't forget the 4 on 4 team that won the first Texans Flag Championship by beating teams from across the state. Seth, Jorge, Tyler, Dexter, Terrence and DeVonte. You guys set the tone for this team and have played with dedication and desire regardless of what the critics may think of you. Good luck boys as you pursue your place in Tiger Football History.

Tiger Turtle
11-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Correct - the best team doesn't always win during the first couple of rounds especially. Sometines it's the best prepared team or the one whose coaching staff finds something in the opponents' films that gives them an edge. In the later rounds, talent and execution under pressure usually win out. Anybody that makes the playoffs has been through a tough district schedule and is capable of winning on any given night.

teetle
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Now wes be talking about execution. Jimmie, He ain'ts gonna kill anybody, he be gonna beat them in a fair game of football. He very kind hearted. But he also competitive. He don't like to lose at anythings. He good that way. He got something for Needville. Theys aints gonna like it. Better get the Basketballs ready. Jimmie gonna see to it that you ganna be playing it nextes week. Go Tigers.:bigcry: :eek: :bigcry:

OldBison75
11-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Congratulations to the Sealy Tigers for the undefeated season and good luck in the playoffs.

This is the very kind of game that can spell doom for some good teams. The opponent can match up with you in speed, talent, or even record, but they will always give 100 % and come at you every play. Over the years, I have seen many times where an injury in the early part of a game has changed the whole complexion of a playoff game. A twisted ankle, bruised ribs, and even a pulled hamstring can change the entire dynamics of a teams momentum and play calling. Sealy better come into the game with the attitude that they will have to fight for everything they get, or Needville will methodically play power football and make it a long night. What Needville will bring is a power offense that will try to eat up clock and hope that the defense can make a few stops on the Sealy Offense. If Needville limits Sealy to only one or two big plays (plays for over 25 yards), they have a chance to make this a very competitive game. I think Sealy should win by at least 2 td's, but Needville will not quit and if they stay in the game until the fourth quarter, this could be a huge upset.

CheerMom
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Good Luck to Needville from "The Swamp"!!

Tiger Turtle
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Bison is right - an injury can change the whole complexion of a game. In Sealy's last finals appearance against Commerce at Texas Stadium, Sealy's all-state running back, Brian Johnson, suffered a turf toe about three minutes into the first quarter. With him out, a bunch of people had to change positions because the backup RB was the starting TE, the backup TE was the MLB, and some kids ended up playing both ways who had never had to do so. Ultimately, Sealy ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and Commerce's big RB they called Moose wore them out. Nobody played both ways on Sealy's 4-peat teams and very few kids play much on both sides of the ball this year. A few offensive starters are rotating in at DB occasionally. A team that plays true two-platoon football will usually wear out one where the best players go both ways.

hookandladder
11-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Bison is right - an injury can change the whole complexion of a game. In Sealy's last finals appearance against Commerce at Texas Stadium, Sealy's all-state running back, Brian Johnson, suffered a turf toe about three minutes into the first quarter. With him out, a bunch of people had to change positions because the backup RB was the starting TE, the backup TE was the MLB, and some kids ended up playing both ways who had never had to do so. Ultimately, Sealy ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and Commerce's big RB they called Moose wore them out. Nobody played both ways on Sealy's 4-peat teams and very few kids play much on both sides of the ball this year. A few offensive starters are rotating in at DB occasionally. A team that plays true two-platoon football will usually wear out one where the best players go both ways.

I know this is looking ahead however i think that will be the main reason Sealy beats Cuero, Cuero having a # of kids going both ways.

garciap77
11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Needville by 2 or 3 TDs! Go Needville!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I know this is looking ahead however i think that will be the main reason Sealy beats Cuero, Cuero having a # of kids going both ways. That has been one of Needville's major issues this year. Nearly all of the starters play both ways. The QB is a S, RBs are LB, etc.

Blue42
11-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Cuero along with Ingleside are the smallest schools in D1 some times you have to go both ways.

Blue42
11-13-2009, 12:40 AM
By the way go Blue Jays!

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Blue42
Cuero along with Ingleside are the smallest schools in D1 some times you have to go both ways.

One of my co-workers who is from Florida was telling me that Florida Higschools play their best players both ways at the skill positions if they are good enough regardless if their is a decent 2nd or third string.

Trapper
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Needville wins ....just got that felling
Giddings wins
Sweeny wins

no sweep in 09

pirate4state
11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!! Especially #11 :2thumbsup Go get 'em

garciap77
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Go Blue Jays!:clap: :clap: :clap:

jayfan1
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Will this game be on a webcast?

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by jayfan1
Will this game be on a webcast? Yes.

KMAC Sports - Needville -vs- Sealy (http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/)

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Good Luck & safe traveling!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
7-0 Sealy w/ 8...something left in the game. Having a hard time hearing it.....have a mini family reunion going on tonight.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
7-0 Sealy w/ 8...something left in the game. Having a hard time hearing it.....have a mini family reunion going on tonight.

Did you mean in the first qtr?

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Did you mean in the first qtr? yes....my bad, LOL.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
14-0 Sealy, not sure on which Q.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
21-0 Sealy 2nd Q

Getting out of hand....Sealy didn't come out flat in this one in the 1st half....they appear to be very fired up.

kingoftheranch
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
needvilles window for a deep playoff run has closed. they are returning to the old needville before those graduating classes of 08 and 09 were there. they just cant compete with the powerhouses

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by kingoftheranch
needvilles window for a deep playoff run has closed. they are returning to the old needville before those graduating classes of 08 and 09 were there. they just cant compete with the powerhouses They lack overall speed, and overall depth....just as they always have. Teams w/ a lot of speed give them fits. I've been watching them for about 4 yrs now and it's always been that way. :(

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
I THINK it's halftime....and I THINK it's still 21-0. Needville has stopped Sealy a handful of times on 4th down, but Sealy converts every time. :(

kingoftheranch
11-13-2009, 09:16 PM
they have no go to guy on offense ever since wilkerson graduated. they really have no playmakers. which is because they lack that speed your talking about.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Needville scores.....flag on the EP attempt?

21-7 Sealy.

garciap77
11-13-2009, 09:30 PM
21 to 7 Sealy! Come on Needville! Get them on the secound half!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:31 PM
21 to 7 Sealy! Come on Needville! Get them on the secound half!:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: It would seem they had a little more trouble defending the pass than they did our running game. But Needville doesn't throw the ball too much. Berry CAN throw....but they usually don't.

garciap77
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
It would seem they had a little more trouble defending the pass than they did our running game. But Needville doesn't throw the ball too much. Berry CAN throw....but they usually don't.

:thinking: Maybe it's time!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm getting tired of the announcers! They complain way too much and they are winning!:mad:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh you ought to hear them when Sealy is losing, LOL.

21-7 Sealy
Half

garciap77
11-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh you ought to hear them when Sealy is losing, LOL.

21-7 Sealy
Half

I can only imagine!LOL

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
TD Needville

21-13 EP coming

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Needville goes for 2 and gets it.

21-15 Sealy in the 3rd.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Needville goes for 2 and gets it.

21-15 Sealy in the 3rd.

wow... Needville is gaining some momentum..

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Mishandled kickoff....Needville recovers?

WOOHOO!!! GO JAYS!!!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Mishandled kickoff....Needville recovers?

WOOHOO!!! GO JAYS!!! TD Needville!!!

EP coming...

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Needville 22-21 w/ 25 seconds left in 3rd.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Needville 22-21 w/ 25 seconds left in 3rd.

WOW

scrub c
11-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Go dist-26!!!!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:28 PM
TD Tigers....score in 2 plays. Needville's guys goin both ways is gonna hurt em.

EP coming.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Went for 2....no good...incomplete pass.

Sealy on top 27-22 early 4th.

garciap77
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Went for 2....no good...incomplete pass.

Sealy on top 27-22 early 4th.

Go Needville! Make it 29 - 27 Final!:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Needville 4th and 7......punting team coming on. :(

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Sealy goes down to Needville's 11 from the 40. Downey run.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Sealy continuing their 4th Q magic.

Tiger TD.

EP coming...

garciap77
Sealy continuing their 4th Q magic.

Tiger TD.

EP coming...

:(

IHStangFan
Downey goes in for 2pt conv.

35-22 Sealy.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Needville going back to their passing game.....moving the ball...

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Another pass ....Needville down to about the 2yd line.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
TD Needville!!!

EP coming....

garciap77
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
TD Needville!!!

EP coming....

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/groupwave.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
EP good...

Sealy 35
Needville 29
4th Q

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
EP good...

Sealy 35
Needville 29
4th Q

wow... this could be an upset in the making... :eek:

garciap77
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM
EP good...

Sealy 35
Needville 29
4th Q

OK! Needville 36 Sealy 35 final!:D

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Onside kick.....fumble!! Sealy falls on it though.

1st and 10 Tigers at their 48.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Needville D gets the stop!! Blue Jays ball!!

MAKE IT COUNT JAYS!!

:clap:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Needville 3rd and long.....pass....flag....

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2009, 10:51 PM
GO JAYS!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
3rd down & 12 Needville.......not sure where they are on the field. Not sure what the call was.....

???? Refs still mulling around....talking to Mitchell.

GilmerwinState
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
lets go needville pull the upset

garciap77
11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by GilmerwinState
lets go needville pull the upset

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I think Sealy just sacked Needville QB?

Needville going for it on 4th down..???

I'm not sure WHAT the hell is goin on.....Announcers are not calling it very well...they're VERY excited......

?????

Flag....pass inference on Sealy????

99IHSMustang
wow... this one is a nail biter.

IHStangFan
1st and 10 for Jays on Tiger 38....

incomplete pass

2nd down.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
TD NEEDVILLE!!!! ON A REVERSE!!!

EP coming

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
scratch that...1st and goal....

garciap77
Get that TD!:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
handoff to Novasad....Sealy calls a TO?

GEEZUS....quit talkin about how "this ain't good folks" and call the freakin game!!! LOL

garciap77
Time Out Sealy!

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM

Yoe_09
time left?

99IHSMustang
Needville taking it to the next level... :eek:

garciap77
handoff to Novasad....Sealy calls a TO?

GEEZUS....quit talkin about how "this ain't good folks" and call the freakin game!!! LOL

You think they will start calling the game now? LOL

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Sealy D being stingy in the redzone on this drive....

COME ON JAYS!!! PUNCH IT IN!!!

GilmerwinState
the same thing happend a few years back we were ranked 1 in the state and lost to liberty eylau first round my dad says there is always and upset first round

IHStangFan
incomplete pass....

4th down?!?! I am having trouble following these guys....

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:00 PM
the same thing happend a few years back we were ranked 1 in the state and lost to liberty eylau first round my dad says there is always and upset first round I BELIEVE Brookshire Royal "upset" Giddings tonight.

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Needville goes for it on 4th down....flag on Sealy....1st down....here goes the Sealy announcers knocking the refs....they do this EVERYTIME they're behind. :rolleyes:

garciap77
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Bad calls!LOL

bowleghorses
and:mad:

IHStangFan
Bad calls!LOL LOL....

COME ON JAYS!!! :clap:

garciap77
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Smart move by Needville!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
DAMN!!! COME ON JAYS!!! THEY ARE INSIDE THE 1!!! 4th DOWN!!!

GilmerwinState
11-13-2009, 11:06 PM
when gilmer lost to liberty eylau in 2006 there were a lot of bad calls also

garciap77
TD Needville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
TD NEEDVILLE!!!

EP coming....

bout what....1:21 left in the game?? SCARY...Sealy can score FAST!!

Buckeye80
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
when gilmer lost to liberty eylau in 2006 there were a lot of bad calls also

When we lost in 06, we were outplayed by LE. It's that simple.

IHStangFan
EP missed....FLAGS!! HOLY CRAP!!

GOTW or WHAT?!?! LOL.

GilmerwinState
good job needville rooting for ya

bowleghorses
good job needville:clap:

garciap77
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Just get the KICK in!

GilmerwinState
how much time

HEMOTOXIC
SCORE?

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
36-35 Needville

garciap77
Come on BIG D!

HEMOTOXIC
DEFENSE!

garciap77
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Great game! Needville has to hold them now!

IHStangFan
when gilmer lost to liberty eylau in 2006 there were a lot of bad calls also Needville didn't come back from a 21-0 deficit on bad calls, LOL.

Yoe_09
dont know much about both teams, does Sealy have a kicker?

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! Downey SCORES!! TD Sealy!!

EP coming!!

garciap77
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
:(

Gobbla2001
geez what a game

Booter11
how much time is left???

bowleghorses
awwwww man:mad:

Buckeye80
WOW!!!!!!

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Sealy up 42-36?? (went for 2 and got it) on a HUGE Downey run...51 seconds left in the game.

LETS GO JAYS!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :clap:

99IHSMustang
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! Downey SCORES!! TD Sealy!!

EP coming!!

Dang that was fast.

Booter11
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
if they went for 2 wouldnt it be 43-36

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Dang that was fast. He went a LONG way....

He's the real deal. Needville fumbles...Sealy ball....game over.

GREAT GREAT GREAT game Needville!! We're proud of you!!!

Both of these teams never quit...but I have to say, I'm honestly very impressed w/ Caleb Berry's performance tonight at QB for the Jays and the way the Jays played tonight. I didn't exactly expect this.

WOW, what a game.

Good luck going forward Sealy, you guys have a great team.

44INAROW
11-13-2009, 11:16 PM
wow - this must have been a great game... :eek:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Sealy 43
Needville 36
Final

thepicker
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM
D. Downey is one of the if not THE best running back in 3A. He can score at anytime and the coaches know that. I'm already nominating him for Player of the Week!!!!

garciap77
He went a LONG way....

He's the real deal. Needville fumbles...Sealy ball....game over.

GREAT GREAT GREAT game Needville!! We're proud of you!!!

Both of these teams never quit...but I have to say, I'm honestly very impressed w/ Caleb Berry's performance tonight at QB for the Jays and the way the Jays played tonight. I didn't exactly expect this.

WOW, what a game.

Good luck going forward Sealy, you guys have a great team.

:iagree:

IHStangFan! Needville played a great game! Hat's off to Needville!

HEMOTOXIC
WOW, GOOD GAME!

THANKS FOR GIVING US WHO ARE AT HOME, WORK, ETC A GOOD GAME.

CONGRATS SEALY!

44INAROW
11-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry IHSTANG, The only way Needville would have a chance in this game, is if the Sealy bus broke down and couldn't get the players to the game. Sealy will have a tune-up game before they meet up with Cuero. My prediction on the Sealy/LaGrange game was 40 to 32 Sealy, so I wasn't off by much. Final score was 38 to 31 Sealy. My predictions is Sealy 64 Needville 17!!!

Hey Kat I just checked yall's awesome wins on the year. You beat according to the Houston Chronicle, 3- 2 win teams, 3 - 4 win teams, and a 5-5 team. Sealy should be very scared. The worst team we played would kill yall.

Sealy 56
Needville 17

hhmmm All I have to say - nobody beat the crap out of anyone in this game :eek:

Congrats on the win Sealy.. Great game Needville.. :clap:

IHStangFan
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
:iagree:

IHStangFan! Needville played a great game! Hat off to Needville! Thank you good sir. I've been saying it for awhile now....Berry can throw...and he's got an arm, and he's very accurate. He's a gamer!!

Tiger Turtle
11-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Needville went for two (and made it) after their second TD, making it 21-15. After that, there were two point tries all over the place by Sealy. They made 2 out of three.

957tiger
11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
For those of you at the game...wow. Sealy came out hitting on all cylinders early in the game. However they allowed the Bluejays back in the game with the short pass route. The Tiger defense who usually is pretty stout had their problems all night. It is was the offense who stepped up and made the difference with big plays. Perhaps no bigger in the last 15 years than Dexter Downey and his 70+ yard run. It was like nothing I have ever seen. Cutbacks, forced/ missed tackles, acceleration, stop and go, it was an amazing run.

For those who were listening to the game, it was the Sealy crew broadcasting the game, not Needville. Had it been, the emotion, and excitement would have been about the same. From what I could tell they were pretty descriptive throughout the game. As far as whinning, " the game shouldn't be decided by the officials" or "just let the boys play"sounds pretty good to me.
The defensive pass interference call in the endzone, giving Needville a touchdown was just a bad call, period. The last time I heard the Texans broadcast team they were pretty excited themselves. Good work guys, I certainly won't question a guy with 4 state championship rings on his hand

This was a classic example of one team playing up a level in intensity, while the expected , better team gets up off the mat and takes the win. I believe that is what a good team is suppose to do and that is why Sealy is 11-0 and advancing to the next round

Tiger Turtle
11-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I wasn't goign to bring up the officiating, but I do have to say that I have never before seen a game where the referee spent the entire game 25 yards behind the LOS (literally, this is not an exageration). I was sitting with a guy who coaches the OL at a 5A school in Fort Bend ISD, and about ten plays into the game he turned to me and asked "Isn't that referee a little far away from the action?" Maybe he was far-sighted. At least he refrained from throwing flags for much of the game. In fact, the whole crew seemed to have a hot date after the game because there were very few flags (except for PI on Sealy) and they got the ball set for play in record time. As a result, Needville seemed to run about a hundred plays, while Sealy only got 3 - 4 per possession.

ronwx5x
11-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
For those of you at the game...wow. Sealy came out hitting on all cylinders early in the game. However they allowed the Bluejays back in the game with the short pass route. The Tiger defense who usually is pretty stout had their problems all night. It is was the offense who stepped up and made the difference with big plays. Perhaps no bigger in the last 15 years than Dexter Downey and his 70+ yard run. It was like nothing I have ever seen. Cutbacks, forced/ missed tackles, acceleration, stop and go, it was an amazing run.

For those who were listening to the game, it was the Sealy crew broadcasting the game, not Needville. Had it been, the emotion, and excitement would have been about the same. From what I could tell they were pretty descriptive throughout the game. As far as whinning, " the game shouldn't be decided by the officials" or "just let the boys play"sounds pretty good to me.
The defensive pass interference call in the endzone, giving Needville a touchdown was just a bad call, period. The last time I heard the Texans broadcast team they were pretty excited themselves. Good work guys, I certainly won't question a guy with 4 state championship rings on his hand

This was a classic example of one team playing up a level in intensity, while the expected , better team gets up off the mat and takes the win. I believe that is what a good team is suppose to do and that is why Sealy is 11-0 and advancing to the next round

I was there and saw the interference call. It was legit. I had no dog in the hunt, but other than a referee who seemed to scream so loud into his microphone that it clipped the highs, the officiating was not bad. Needville's QB can throw and Sealy had poor pass coverage, especially the short area over the offensive right side. The defender better learn how to turn around and look for the ball or he is going to lose some games for the Tigers. I can't tell you how many times the receiver caught the ball with #2 standing right there but facing the receiver.

There could not have been more than two times in the entire game that Sealy broke up a pass. The Needville receivers had a field day but dropped some that should have been caught.

Congratulations to the Tigers and tough loss for the Jays. Downey was the difference, without a doubt.

tiger eye
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - this must have been a great game... :eek:

Indeed it was !

Both teams played their hearts out, and left very little in their tanks or in those of us in the stands.

I was exhausted when it finally ended, and both teams can be very proud of their effort and sportsmanship. Truly a game to remember.

The B-Jays have NOTHING to hang their heads down about. they gave a very strong effort
and fought the Tigers better than any other team this season. Hats off to a well coached team and
very strong performance from a bunch of top class
young men.

Trapper
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
What made the game was Berry and Downey. Both kids can straight up play high school football. Alot of kids stepped up on the offense side of the ball with explosive plays.

Great game to see.

Trapper
11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
By the way...Sealy will lose at some point in the play offs - they can't play defense.

pirate4state
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Trapper
By the way...Sealy will lose at some point in the play offs - they can't play defense. Maybe they had a bad night like you guys did? Or maybe Needville played very well and was a better team than people thought?

To say they can't play defense after shutting most teams out in the 2nd half is just idiotic.

Only 2 teams (in 3A) will end their season with a win, but at least they still have a shot.

Tiger Turtle
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
If Sealy can't play defense, how did they hold Giddings to one garbage time TD in the second half? They did not play good pass defense against Needville, that's for sure. Too many times the Tiger DBs didn't turn around and look for the ball and the Jays' receivers caught everything in the same zip code. Needville put together an inspired effort Friday night on the offensive side of the ball. Coach Roark's playcalling was superb and the kids executed perfectly. If Sealy hadn't scored in 3 plays every time they got the ball, this game wouldn't have been close. Sealy is an offensive machine, both on the ground and through the air. Ask Needville's defensive staff.

hookandladder
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Trapper
By the way...Sealy will lose at some point in the play offs - they can't play defense.

Way to support your District, this coming from a team that did not make it out of the first round.