Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
and lagrange to #3 sealy

Whoops...missed that one i guess

rockdale80
11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
Looks like they faired pretty well
The only Loss in the top 25 was celina nd they got beat by #5 Argyle

Celina isnt good. They are only ranked because of the hometown homers on this board.

RTigMom
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Rockdale80,

I'm all for being a homer and supporting your team. Celina doesn't have to prove anything. They have been going to the playoffs for many years and have gone deep at that. They also lost to an undefeated Argyle team.

The regular season is over and it's a whole new ballgame.

Now, I will be a homer. As for your comment about Rockdale being inconsistent, that may be true at times, but they did what they had to last night to secure a playoff position. I am proud of our boys! Good luck D24, Navasota, Caldwell, and Rockdale, and all the teams that have made the playoffs. There are many teams staying at home that I am sure would like to be in our positions right now.

rockdale80
11-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by RTigMom
Rockdale80,

I'm all for being a homer and supporting our team. Celina doesn't have to prove anything. They have been going to the playoffs for many years and have gone deep at that. They also lost to a good undefeated Argyle team.

Now, I will be a homer. As for your comment about Rockdale being inconsistent, that may be true at times, but they did what they had to last night to secure a playoff position. Good luck D24, Navasota, Caldwell, and Rockdale, and all the teams that have made the playoffs. There are many teams staying at home that I am sure would like to be in our positions.

Nothing wrong with supporting your team but being unrealistic is another thing. Last year or any year before that isnt an indicator of how they are this year and doesnt merit them being ranked at all.

Chastise me if you would like, but I was being honest about Rockdale. They have tons of potential but arent living up to it every week. Rockdale gets thumped by Navasota, but hammers a Cameron team that beats Navasota? Congrats on making the playoffs, but during the playoffs one game of inconsistency means you lace up the basketball shoes. Also, having followed this team for the past few years, they will not be satisfied with "making the playoffs" instead of staying at home. I hope nothing but the best for them and hope that they get it together.

GO TIGERS!!

lynx_rufus
11-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Nothing wrong with supporting your team but being unrealistic is another thing. Last year or any year before that isnt an indicator of how they are this year and doesnt merit them being ranked at all. ...
We will find out this week if you are right. Personally I think you are wrong. Celina has definitely proven to be beatable by top tier teams. Argyle, Prosper, Daingerfield and TCA. But they have also taken care of all other teams tossed to them.

Van Alstyne is undefeated, 10-0 ... we will see this week if Van Alstyne is top teir.

WOS87
11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
A WO-S vs Rockdale matchup in the 2nd round would be interesting. if we get past Coldspring for the 3rd consecutive year it will happen! We did quite well against Caldwell in the 2nd round last year but we are a much different team this year.

RTigMom
11-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I guess I'm thinking more as a parent than anything else. I just hate to see someone come on here and talk about a team of young men who go out on the field and do the best that they can. I don't think they go out there and intentially try to lose. I'm sure some of the Celina parents feel the same way.

I too have been watching this Rockdale team since some of the boys were in PeeWee football and I know what is expected of them by others and themselves. We have been to many summer camps, 7 on 7 tournaments, and combines to prepare for the season.

As a parent of a senior, I am glad they made the playoffs. And, I didn't mean that in a negative way. It's just one more game to watch them play. And, I hope more.

Go Tigers!

RTigMom
11-07-2009, 03:23 PM
W-OS, do you know where y'all are playing? I would like to come and see that game.

rockdale80
11-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I guess I'm thinking more as a parent than anything else. I just hate to see someone come on here and talk about a team of young men who go out on the field and do the best that they can. I don't think they go out there and intentially try to lose. I'm sure some of the Celina parents feel the same way.

I too have been watching this Rockdale team since some of the boys were in PeeWee football and I know what is expected of them by others and themselves. We have been to many summer camps, 7 on 7 tournaments, and combines to prepare for the season.

As a parent of a senior, I am glad they made the playoffs. And, I didn't mean that in a negative way. It's just one more game to watch them play. And, I hope more.

Go Tigers!

Go Tigers!!

WOS87
11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
W-OS, do you know where y'all are playing? I would like to come and see that game.

Friday the 13th at 7:30pm at Huffman

ProudHornetMom
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM

Go Tigers!

:clap: :clap:
I didn't read your post as negative. You're right, they haven't intentionally lost and the Tigers has had injuries to contend with. We've all talked about our district having strong teams going to playoffs and strong teams staying home. Now that we're here, it really doesn't matter how we got here does it? We're here and we get to play some more football. And you're right...there are many teams that finished their last football game last night who would give anything to be in the playoffs any way they could get there.

My son's a senior, I understand wanting them to have the opportunity to play something they love one more time.

rockdale80
11-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
:clap: :clap:
I didn't read your post as negative. You're right, they haven't intentionally lost and the Tigers has had injuries to contend with. We've all talked about our district having strong teams going to playoffs and strong teams staying home. Now that we're here, it really doesn't matter how we got here does it? We're here and we get to play some more football. And you're right...there are many teams that finished their last football game last night who would give anything to be in the playoffs any way they could get there.

My son's a senior, I understand wanting them to have the opportunity to play something they love one more time.

Loving your son or your town has nothing to do with my comment. Rockdale has not played consistent football. I love Rockdale and hope they win every single game they play, but that doesnt mean I cant be honest in my assessment.

My comment about Celina was not even directed at the team for Celina, but about the homers that vote for their team regardless of losing to a 2a school and a private school.

Go TIGERS!!!