PDA

View Full Version : Graham and Brownwood in Lubbock Friday

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Come on Wylie, get with the Program!

Everybody Else from 2-3A plays at Jones stadium in Lubbock on Friday, why do you have to be different?

I know with the long trip it will be tough to get everybody together. I plan on making the Graham game but honestly it might be a little tough to get the kid out of school that early, or the whole day. We need to plan something, should make for a great weekend...

Come on 2-3A, lets go for the sweep!!!! (even if Wylie is to good to play at the same place as us :) :) )

grmfan93
11-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I know...Whats up with that

Pendragon13
11-07-2009, 11:23 AM
We have a streak to maintain playing at Grande...although it would be kinda cool having a 2-3A day at Jones. Best not to tempt fate though.:)

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 12:01 PM
I am not trying to get ahead of myself or take any team lightly. I have not even looked at the brackets to see who all we or Graham might have to play in order to get to that rematch. However that rematch is what I am looking forward too as much as anything!!! how much fun would that be, you guys want to revenge the blocked XP and we want to prove that the win was no fluke!

Heres to hoping we can both make it that far! Good luck this week Graham!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

STANG RED
11-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am not trying to get ahead of myself or take any team lightly. I have not even looked at the brackets to see who all we or Graham might have to play in order to get to that rematch. However that rematch is what I am looking forward too as much as anything!!! how much fun would that be, you guys want to revenge the blocked XP and we want to prove that the win was no fluke!

Go Lions!!!!

If it does happen, Mustang Bowl would be the perfect venue for that game. Start lobbying your HCs now! :D

If I can, I plan on being in Lubbock all day Friday for those games. But honestly, Im pretty certain both will be blowouts by 1/2 time. But I can be setting in a seat at Jones, from my house, in about 2 hours. Thats too easy of a trip, not to make.

Looking4number8
11-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If it does happen, Mustang Bowl would be the perfect venue for that game. Start lobbying your HCs now! :D

If I can, I plan on being in Lubbock all day Friday for those games. But honestly, Im pretty certain both will be blowouts by 1/2 time. But I can be setting in a seat at Jones, from my house, in about 2 hours. Thats too easy of a trip, not to make.

Hmmmm, we might have to make a Lubbock hooters stop!

Pendragon13
11-07-2009, 01:14 PM

If I can, I plan on being in Lubbock all day Friday for those games. But honestly, Im pretty certain both will be blowouts by 1/2 time. But I can be setting in a seat at Jones, from my house, in about 2 hours. Thats too easy of a trip, not to make. If it does happen...and Mustang bowl is the venue (on a different day than Wylie plays) then I am there for sure. Of course thats a lot of what ifs and speculation.;)

STANG RED
11-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Hmmmmm, I might could be persuaded with just a little arm twising. Ouch! OK thats enough. I'll go. :D

M-town lobo fan
11-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Brownwood would have to get passed Monahans in the 2nd round for that rematch to take place.Goodluck!

ccmom
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Brownwood would have to get passed Monahans in the 2nd round for that rematch to take place.Goodluck! I thought Graham would face Monahans? I'm so confused!

BwdLion_80
11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I might be wrong, but I think Monahans is in the other side of the bracket than Brownwood will be. Monahans is the #1 team in small school out of 3-3A and that has them in the same side of the bracket as Graham.

ATMO
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Borger vs. Graham 4:30 Friday, Lubbock
Pecos vs. Monahans 7:30 Thursday, Odessa
Bridgeport BYE
China Spring vs. Canyon Lake 8:00 Saturday, Georgetown

Dalhart vs. Brownwood 8:00 Friday, Lubbock
Clint vs. Seminole 7:30 Friday, Pecos
Iowa Park BYE
Glen Rose vs. Wimberley

Rocket
11-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Brownwood would have to get passed Monahans in the 2nd round for that rematch to take place.Goodluck!

We are the 1st Spot in D2. Don't get it twisted!

BwdLion_80
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ATMO
Borger vs. Graham 4:30 Friday, Lubbock
Pecos vs. Monahans 7:30 Thursday, Odessa
Bridgeport BYE
China Spring vs. Canyon Lake 8:00 Saturday, Georgetown

Dalhart vs. Brownwood 8:00 Friday, Lubbock
Clint vs. Seminole 7:30 Friday, Pecos
Iowa Park BYE
Glen Rose vs. Wimberley

That is what I thought!:)

grmfan93
11-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Graham would play Monohans 2nd round

slingshot
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM

I'm thinking that matchup would be a natural right here at recently updated and expanded Wylie Bulldog Stadium (not to mention it's two minutes from my house... ). Why go 50 miles out of the way to Sweatwater? ;)

RMAC
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM

We do own the only 2 story Hooters in the US, much less the world. To not stop would be patriotically irresponsible. :)

bwdlionfan
11-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Brownwood vs Graham at Aledo

Close driving distance for me and a great stadium

grmfan93
11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Brownwood vs Graham at Aledo

Close driving distance for me and a great stadium

Graham played ther about three four yeas ago whenever it was brand new. It is a very nice stadium

Halestorm
11-07-2009, 10:21 PM
The bowl would be packed with colors from eveyone in the district! Who wouldn't want to go ?! It would definitely have to deconflicted with the Wylie game, of course. Good luck to all 2-3A.

Inmateboss
11-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Go Lions!!!!

Dern Skippy, if we get to play Brownwood again, I might just pay to get in and quit climbing over the fence. I smell TAILGATING, Loud music,good visiting, Rocket pole dancing in his Hooters outfit, wait that might be what I smelled, NIX the dance number, but the rest sounds like a good time. I know Tru Steer has a little jam box and we have been known to have a good time, and would like for ya'll to come hang with us ( no offense Rocket) on the hanging part, but you can come too if you wrap up in a towel or wear a moo moo or something.

GO GRAHAM STEERS

Cameron Crazy
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Should be some really good games being played at Jones.

squid
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
best left unsaid......I'm glad we're going to Midland...

ccmom
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by squid
best left unsaid......I'm glad we're going to Midland...

I'll be there with your nachos!! ;)

squid
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I'll let you pass this time Mom....I plan to be full of McAlister's Deli by the time I get to the gate....

Ranger Mom
11-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I'll be there with your nachos!! ;)

I will be there too!!! (Not with any nachos though!!)

We need to find out if any other dlowers from these parts are going to be at Grande!!!!

nobogey72
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I would like to know the thought process of playing at 4:30 on a school-day. My first thought is that someone had somewhere else they needed to be on Saturday.:thinking: :thinking: Sounds like a horrible inconvenience on parents, fans, students. If I'm off target, someone from Graham clear it up for me.

Steer81
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
nobogey72 what I was told and could be wrong that all four teams were at the mercy of Tech and when they wanted to put this on. Since its a double header and Brownwood / Dalhart were the top seeds they got first choice on when they want to play and Graham/Borger got what was left.

ccmom
11-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Steer81
nobogey72 what I was told and could be wrong that all four teams were at the mercy of Tech and when they wanted to put this on. Since its a double header and Brownwood / Dalhart were the top seeds they got first choice on when they want to play and Graham/Borger got what was left. I could have sworn that Shipley said on the radio that he would have rather had the 4:30 slot, but he is quite the joker on the radio so maybe he was kidding. Anyway, it does seem like an inconvenient time, but I'm sure the Steer faithful will do what they have to do to be there. Go Steers!

injuredinmelee
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I could have sworn that Shipley said on the radio that he would have rather had the 4:30 slot, but he is quite the joker on the radio so maybe he was kidding. Anyway, it does seem like an inconvenient time, but I'm sure the Steer faithful will do what they have to do to be there. Go Steers!
surely school is out at 10am friday in Graham.

Steer81
11-10-2009, 08:14 PM
School is letting out at 11am here.

Looking4number8
11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
nobogey72 what I was told and could be wrong that all four teams were at the mercy of Tech and when they wanted to put this on. Since its a double header and Brownwood / Dalhart were the top seeds they got first choice on when they want to play and Graham/Borger got what was left.

i cant believe that is correct but it could be. I do know that I was hearing Shipley say Lubbock was taken so we could not play there. next thing I know, that is where the game is scheduled. Also, I THINK I remember reading on the downlow that Graham played at 4:30 before it was announced that we had finally secured a time and place to play.

injuredinmelee
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
School is letting out at 11am here.
pretty close wasnt I?

trusteer/trublu
11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I would like to know the thought process of playing at 4:30 on a school-day. My first thought is that someone had somewhere else they needed to be on Saturday.:thinking: :thinking: Sounds like a horrible inconvenience on parents, fans, students. If I'm off target, someone from Graham clear it up for me. we are so happy to be in the playoffs coming out of a tough District like we have, we would have played on a Sunday at Bagdhad if we had to !!!! We are all in!!!! anyplace, anytime!!!!!

Inmateboss
11-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
surely school is out at 10am friday in Graham.

10:45

Inmateboss
11-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Lord have mercy, ya'll think lubbock is ready for Brownwood and Graham fans in the same place at the same time????:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

theoldoaktree
11-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I would like to know the thought process of playing at 4:30 on a school-day. My first thought is that someone had somewhere else they needed to be on Saturday.:thinking: :thinking: Sounds like a horrible inconvenience on parents, fans, students. If I'm off target, someone from Graham clear it up for me.

Okay? if your son played college football then you would want to be there for every game, even if it meant that your team had to play a little early, am i correct?

theoldoaktree
11-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Lord have mercy, ya'll think lubbock is ready for Brownwood and Graham fans in the same place at the same time????:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

haha could be a tough one inmateboss, but i think the tech stadium can handle the people.